CONTEST The 2021 Thanksgiving Feast Picture Giveaway

Finishing the evening off with Blackberry Pie, and watching Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Happy Thanksgiving THP!!

2021 Turkey_06.jpg

2021 Turkey_07.jpg

Those afternoon spreads were hands down amazing! What a great follow today!!!

Finally dessert! Top is chocolate cream with peanut butter crust. Middle is cheesecake and bottom is pumpkin!

46308.jpeg

Anybody for seconds?

DE077603-9883-4F14-8B8B-2157CC6AB0E2.jpeg

Giblet gravy is done, though I was vetoed to only use neck meat in the final gravy
View attachment 9047405

Smoker is being a PITA.. I have it cranked to 420 and I'm only getting 310.. may have to finish it in the oven for the last couple hour

My Nothern/Italian wife decided to make giblet gravy this year!😳 I haven’t had it since my mother passed. It was great!

So we're all done eating, the wife has finished the clean-up (I cook, she cleans up, a great deal that has been working for 42 years), and tomorrow I start on my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner, Smoked Turkey Soup!

Last edited:
Jaymo then clock out!22E70518-6E7A-45DB-BC87-A832A2100FEF.jpeg

I’ve never heard of it, what is it?
It's a song. I think it was by Arlo Guthrie. Some people love it.

Some don't.

If you've ever listened to a recording of a live band and one of the musicians goes off on one of their "solos" and keeps playing. And playing. And playing. And you're wondering if you can make it to the beer stand before the solo ends. And you make it to the beer stand before the solo ends. Twice. And the rest room 3 times. You've experienced Alice's Restaurant.:ROFLMAO:

Just kidding. I've heard the song a few times over the years and it's kind of like a story put to music... folk music.

"You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant"... and those photos, all 37 of them. In vivid color.:D

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Was it something that was obvious in the prep of the turkey like cracking an egg open and it being nasty inside?

Unfortunately not, it wasn’t until it was cooked and was getting cut up that it was discovered. Had we discovered it before cooking we might have been able to run out and grab another.

My Nothern/Italian wife decided to make giblet gravy this year!😳 I haven’t had it since my mother passed. It was great!
I wasn't allowed to tell my FiL that it was giblet gravy,vor that I used Mayo as the base for the turkey. He wouldn't have eaten any of it.. so I waited til he was done with his 2nd helping then dropped the clues. I have to get him over his aversion and irrational fears haha

I like how you have the fancy platters holding the tin containers haha exactly how we did it

Ok so struggling as we always do on Thanksgiving. For all of you that eat your feasts around lunch time, what do you do for dinner?

Its either a) dessert time or b) not hungry.. for it was apps 1230, main meal 230, desserts 430.. I was still stuffed even past 7, I actually fell asleep without dinner and slept for 11 hours :D

Just want to say a great job yesterday everyone! I was tasked with sitting at the house alone watching the smoker since my daughter wanted to host this year. My wife was over at my daughter's house helping prepare everything else. So this thread was a great way to kill the time and see some incredible food being made and enjoyed.

What I didn't realize is in order for my wife to make a lot of the sides she did she basically emptied our house of food. It was mild torture to see all the incredible food and meanwhile, I had some tortilla chips, a couple of slices of cheese, condiments, and propel water left in my cupboard :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

By the time I got to my daughters house with the smoked bird I was so hungry I immediately started shoving food in my face with no thoughts of taking a final picture. For that I apologize haha.

Last edited:
Have to say I just finished up leftover lunch & it was absolutely fantastic…unfortunately how the hell did we not have bread for a turkey sandwich???

🤯!!!!

Back