EXPERIENCE The 2023 Titleist Experience

i watched the videos of Kyle Berkshire playing Dormie. i like his plan, i think i'll use that one.
o_O
I’ll watch that this afternoon. He just drive the green on all par 4’s?

Got the shipment notification that the T200’s been shipped, I’m guessing to Jacquelyn! Can’t wait!

I’ll watch that this afternoon. He just drive the green on all par 4’s?
even playing the long tees, he's mostly just hitting irons.

at one point he commented on not getting his approaches close enough to the pin and noted, "this is the difference between me and tour pros." i thought that was cool and interesting for him to say.

Anyone looking to get a utility iron, if so which one are you interested in?
I went into my fitting not looking for a particular club at the top nor knowing what I'd be fit into, but I did want to try the U505 and utility builds since my woods have had issues off the tee. My irons have been a strength this year so gaining another for longer shots and potentially a fairway finder was exciting to get fit for.

Long story short, a T200 4i utility build is in my set. The graphite shaft makes the club feel light and swing smooth. I am very excited to work with this club in a variety of situations!

I am sure most if not all of you have watched the course tour flyovers and I have watched it several times. Watched it again tonight and starting to put a plan together for how I would play some holes. Sure it's probably not the way it will go but it's good to have a plan right.

Another post mentioned #3 as being a tricky green on a short par 4 and I am excited to test things out! As tempting as some of the holes are, especially #3, I think I am more likely to hit less than driver*; firstly to stay in play, and 2ndly, because this is all about the new irons!

*Subject to change day of.

even playing the long tees, he's mostly just hitting irons.

at one point he commented on not getting his approaches close enough to the pin and noted, "this is the difference between me and tour pros." i thought that was cool and interesting for him to say.

Yea I have watched his videos as well. Our games are definitely not similar and won't be driving any greens or using many irons off of the par 4 and 5 tees.

I think I am more likely to hit less than driver*; firstly to stay in play, and 2ndly, because this is all about the new irons!
*Subject to change day of.

🤮 no. and again, no!
@jenisontheforum says, "...all the stats point towards THE CLOSER YOU ARE, THE CLOSER YOU HIT IT."
it looks like it's a 285yd carry from the Dormie tees, but i'm pretty sure we'll be playing the Black tees, so more like a 260yd carry. either way, out of my range...but...but...a 245yd draw up the left side with the driver is worth the risk of a push miss into the sand. 40yds out vs laying up to 100yds out? there's lot of other holes to show off the new irons.

🤮 no. and again, no!
@jenisontheforum says, "...all the stats point towards THE CLOSER YOU ARE, THE CLOSER YOU HIT IT."
it looks like it's a 285yd carry from the Dormie tees, but i'm pretty sure we'll be playing the Black tees, so more like a 260yd carry. either way, out of my range...but...but...a 245yd draw up the left side with the driver is worth the risk of a push miss into the sand. 40yds out vs laying up to 100yds out? there's lot of other holes to show off the new irons.

Yeah, it’s about irons. But I want to hit some bombs! First and perhaps last time ever getting to play Dormie. I don’t want to look back in this experience and not know what could have been had I let the big dog eat!

Ordered my combo set through Golf Galaxy (48* - 7i T200, 5i and 6i T350) on August 11 (Friday) and delivered to Golf Galaxy on 8/17/2023 for pickup.

I've been waiting for a break in our unseasonable HOT HOT weather to get these out for a round. Hopefully this Sunday when the weather gets back to seasonably in the 80's.

Ordered my combo set through Golf Galaxy (48* - 7i T200, 5i and 6i T350) on August 11 (Friday) and delivered to Golf Galaxy on 8/17/2023 for pickup.

I've been waiting for a break in our unseasonable HOT HOT weather to get these out for a round. Hopefully this Sunday when the weather gets back to seasonably in the 80's.
The heat never bothers me, but this past Sunday it got to me a little around the 14th hole. Won’t stop me from getting out this weekend though! Stay hydrated!

🤮 no. and again, no!

This is very true but I'd rather be 100 yards out than 3 off the tee. I need to work on the driver game a bit.

So much peer pressure! :ROFLMAO:

One month away now
I am excited to see the course when THP and Project X make the trek to Dormie in a few weeks. Coincidently Project X is what I was fit into for all of my T series irons. Should be a nice tease for both the course and part of the equipment later in September!

My fitter pulled my fitting up from 12 to 9am because it will be 116 degrees. That should help. Tuesday is the big day. I’m also happy my iron striking as been as good as ever the last week.

My fitter pulled my fitting up from 12 to 9am because it will be 116 degrees. That should help. Tuesday is the big day. I’m also happy my iron striking as been as good as ever the last week.
That’s nice of him. It was 95 when I finished mine at 10:30am. Take a few bottles of water.

Got to see the new Titleist irons at the PGASS the other day and they look really good in person. I love the look of the T200s at address. I'm looking forward to see you guys put them in play at Dormie!

3 weeks away

Back