EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

YAGs with the coming soon teaser at the end. OMG love it, can’t wait to see what it is.
If Yags is that excited about it, I’m VERY excited about it.

No one needs a 7w.
Three Little Pigs Wow GIF by Laff

Yags makes me want the LS in a bad way.

Excited to hear what that teaser is all about 🤔

Had a long talk on club selection with my instructor who I ran into at the club.

Having seen my game, he's firmly of the opinion that King Tours would be the ticket.
Those should treat you very well 🔥

View attachment 9262100
hmm....maybe I'll rethink this. especially after listening to Yagley absolutely gushing over it.
The 9* LS is incredible. It must have some level of magic in it because I have never had a 9* launch so well, let alone an LS. It’s exceptional.

Posting this because they don't have a competing forum or anything and Yags is LIVE on a Q&A. right now if anyone wants to hear some Darkspeed goodness from the man himself!!

Love the car painting in the background.

I thought I had a picture of him with the painting but I haven’t found it. @BigDill did an outstanding job on that.
I think it’s in the life thread. It was a really cool moment.

For those selected for the Morgan Cup, that video with Yags is basically mandatory listening. Tremendous explanation of the technology in the Darkspeed driver heads.

I will also say that I think the propensity of club selection is to lean towards forgiveness. While the 9 degree LS may be intimidating on paper, it’s a supremely easy club to hit and get good launch. It is low spin for sure, but it’s not low spin in the sense of the phrase a few years ago. Don’t be afraid to have confidence in your abilities.

Last time I’ll mention it, but seeing that drawing in that video really warmed my heart. I really wrestled whether it was significant enough to show our team appreciation for everything that was done for us. And the idea came to me when having a call just like that and thinking that it would be the perfect addition to his wall, which was primarily empty at the time. It’s really fulfilling to see it up in such a prominent place.

And while you can’t see all the details, in person the drawing is really impressive and detailed.

Last time I’ll mention it, but seeing that drawing in that video really warmed my heart. I really wrestled whether it was significant enough to show our team appreciation for everything that was done for us. And the idea came to me when having a call just like that and thinking that it would be the perfect addition to his wall, which was primarily empty at the time. It’s really fulfilling to see it up in such a prominent place.

And while you can’t see all the details, in person the drawing is really impressive and detailed.
Mike’s reaction to it really emphasized the significance to him and his appreciation of it.

No one needs a 7w.

Hybrids are the easy choice.

I've fallen into a trend of a hybrid and utility that both fly about the same but the utility runs out a whole lot more with the Texas fairways.
That said i hit the utility once at Briggs and the hybrid 0 times.

On some courses I love teeing off with the utility to keep it low and running. Briggs is not that course.
4h is my 215-220 par 3 club. Again, none at Briggs.
Here is a scenario where the 200-220ish hybrid played pretty regularly for me. Hit a not so good driver, pully hook into left rough on a par 4. Instead of being 165ish from a good ter shot, I am now 200+. 3/4hybrid (King Tec or Darkspeed, take your pick) to very close to green or sometimes on. That scenario played out for me ALOT last golf season. King Tec saved my bacon more times than I can remember.

Time to get to work 2024 Morgan Cup!
Cobra/Puma Golf and THP are bringing us on one ***** amazing ride!
IMG_1828.jpeg

Here is a scenario where the 200-220ish hybrid played pretty regularly for me. Hit a not so good driver, pully hook into left rough on a par 4. Instead of being 165ish from a good ter shot, I am now 200+. 3/4hybrid (King Tec or Darkspeed, take your pick) to very close to green or sometimes on. That scenario played out for me ALOT last golf season. King Tec saved my bacon more times than I can remember.
That's a very reasonable scenario though, especially for us real life amateurs.

147 Days til we get to roll up to Briggs Ranch and get this thing started. How is everyone feeling?

What Club are you most looking forward to?

I cannot wait to get the Darkspeed fairway woods in my bag. I'm a huge fairway wood guy and can't wait to have the 5 and 7 woods to get in tune with.

Looking at other events that took place at Briggs ranch, and the Briggs Ranch hole breakdowns which hole are you most looking forward to?

Hole 6 Stands out in my head, only hole with water, looks like it fits my eye with a draw possibly working really well here. Also Hole 14 looks fun, but the bunkers all down the left side worry me.

For those selected for the Morgan Cup, that video with Yags is basically mandatory listening. Tremendous explanation of the technology in the Darkspeed driver heads.

I will also say that I think the propensity of club selection is to lean towards forgiveness. While the 9 degree LS may be intimidating on paper, it’s a supremely easy club to hit and get good launch. It is low spin for sure, but it’s not low spin in the sense of the phrase a few years ago. Don’t be afraid to have confidence in your abilities.
People should hit everything Cobra possible even if they believe the club(s) won’t fit their games.

That was truly special.

Last edited:
147 Days til we get to roll up to Briggs Ranch and get this thing started. How is everyone feeling?

What Club are you most looking forward to?

I cannot wait to get the Darkspeed fairway woods in my bag. I'm a huge fairway wood guy and can't wait to have the 5 and 7 woods to get in tune with.

Looking at other events that took place at Briggs ranch, and the Briggs Ranch hole breakdowns which hole are you most looking forward to?

Hole 6 Stands out in my head, only hole with water, looks like it fits my eye with a draw possibly working really well here. Also Hole 14 looks fun, but the bunkers all down the left side worry me.
Hard not to be excited about the driver, but I am also really looking forward to the fairways as well. They all look and sound so good, and perform really well.

Back