LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 9.32.38 AM.png
Interesting results. But seems like it would be a lot of fun to play with. I really would like the 54 to be super versatile and something I can rely on and the 60 to be a club I can get creative with.

I just put an order in for 50.08F 54.10S 58.08M or something close to that.
I'll be interested in hear what you think of those vs. your current wedges.

I recall my wedge fitting from the last vokey experience and it was super cool. I don't take full swings, but I get very creative. We settled on the M and D grinds for the versatility and wide array of shot types. Glad you all are having good fittings.
Yeah my fitting for that experience was great. I'd love to go back and do it again to see if I would still be in the same set up or if it would change since that was 4 years ago.

View attachment 9260886
Interesting results. But seems like it would be a lot of fun to play with. I really would like the 54 to be super versatile and something I can rely on and the 60 to be a club I can get creative with.
I’m 50, 54 & 60. I’m focused on being able to hit specific shots not full swing gapping. Instead of full swing 60 I’ve found hitting a 3/4 54 to be way more accurate and consistent.

Ready, excited for the new gear, the Vokey education, and the venue. More than that, after reading through all of the other THP experience threads I am ready to meet some new golf friends. Seems there are some solid friendships made at the experiences that continue after the event.
You have not experienced anything in your life that would compare to what you are about to experience. That’s a money-back guarantee!

Mine was quite different as I don’t full swing any wedges. So it’s based of the versatility of how those wedges are used.

It’s why I love wedge fittings because every one is so much different and shows loft is just one tool.
I try to avoid full swing with my 58 and 54. I lose all control and precision is key with those.

I’m 50, 54 & 60. I’m focused on being able to hit specific shots not full swing gapping. Instead of full swing 60 I’ve found hitting a 3/4 54 to be way more accurate and consistent.
Yeah I never hit a full shot with the 54 or 60. The current 54 I have I know I can hit a lower chip or bump and run with, but dont ever really hit more than that with it. I am looking to replace it in the near future.

Excited this is nearly here! This is going to be a ton of fun to follow, and it's always great to see Ballyhack!! I've always been impressed with the Vokey's I've seen, but never played them. Honestly don't know much about them so I look forward to learning more through this.
I’m looking forward to seeing Ballyhack again, although this time maybe a couple more goat selfies?

This is so awesome. I got to hit some of the SM10's recently and I would have loved to be in this event.

I’m looking forward to seeing Ballyhack again, although this time maybe a couple more goat selfies?
My kids told me this was a requirement.

Looking forward to another THP experience kicking off at Ballyhack!

I try to avoid full swing with my 58 and 54. I lose all control and precision is key with those.
Kind of the same, with what precision I had to begin with. My biggest full swinger is currently my 48* - above that I feel just like you with my 52 and 56.

Yeah I never hit a full shot with the 54 or 60. The current 54 I have I know I can hit a lower chip or bump and run with, but dont ever really hit more than that with it. I am looking to replace it in the near future.
It's funny because I used to never do full swing with lob wedge, and rarely with SW - I preferred to short swing a GW. I put the 60M into the bag and doubled down on my wedge practice, now I hit that club anywhere from full swing down to green side chips.

Kind of the same, with what precision I had to begin with. My biggest full swinger is currently my 48* - above that I feel just like you with my 52 and 56.
Same thing. Only time I will swing full with the 54 or 58 is if I am trying to hit over trees or something and that usually doesn't end well.

I'm officially on the east coast so now just a short drive away. Can't wait! Catching up on comments and it's interesting to see how unique wedges are from person to person - from full swings to only chipping with them, everyone is different. That's why fitting is so important with them and I can't believe I've never done it before this. Can't wait for more information and instruction that I know they'll be giving us!

I've got some orders from my daughter in regard to the goats too. :ROFLMAO:
When I mentioned I was going through Santa Claus, IN on my way to Victoria National I got some strict instructions too.

Kids are the best. Get them all the goat things.

When I mentioned I was going through Santa Claus, IN on my way to Victoria National I got some strict instructions too.

Kids are the best. Get them all the goat things.
Definitely! My son just wants me to go to the Nike outlet in DC the Wednesday after so I can buy him some shoes. :ROFLMAO:

Definitely! My son just wants me to go to the Nike outlet in DC the Wednesday after so I can buy him some shoes. :ROFLMAO:
Oh man I'm dreading the days my kids get into shoes. Their dad already spends enough in that area.

Hope to follow along live as much as possible. Regardless, can't wait to see Ballyhack and how everyone plays it.

Have a blast fellas!

Does anyone know what type of market share Vokey has when it comes to wedges? I know it's high on the tour, or at least I assume it is. Would have to think that follows overall with consumers as well?

Also curious what grind is the most popular across the board.

Can't wait for this to kick into high gear this weekend as everyone travels and the games begin!

Back