The best shot of the round

First tee shot...playing 381 to the pin, hit a nice baby draw and had 99 to the pin for my second. I'll take 282 out of the box and in the fairway any time.

Tie between two today. 3h from 250 right on line with a little right to left. Went about 230 and stopped on the fringe. Second was a putt with a 7i from 25 yards in front of a raised green. Nearly got up and down.
Nice chip!

20201125_122042.jpg
20201125_122158.jpg

This one finished a good front 9 for me. 8i that I actually caught just a little towards the toe side trying to keep it from getting too far up in the wind. Worked out well though.

Had two that stuck out. First was a chip in for par on #9 after catching a long bunker shot a little thin and going just off the back of the green. The second was a long bunker shot on 18 that was up against the back lip and a downhill stance. Hit it to about 6 feet and made the par putt.

I got out for an early 9 Thanksgiving Day with a buddy. Range is still closed due to high winds that blew down the telephone poles that hold the range nets. Almost had a frost delay. Thus a proper warm up was not possible. So I wasn't surprised when I hit a poor second shot leaving me 175 out and just left of the tree line on the right, which blocked the green tucked behind that tree line. Hit a nice draw (I'm left handed) onto the green that rolled out 15 feet behind the pin. My buddy was the perfect foil. He's seen me do stuff like that many times, but still reacts with amazement.

SW from 100 yards to set up a tap in birdie!
CCBEA39C-074D-4541-A9D1-920D0EC6A275.jpeg

with leaves all over the green, i picked up the one about 6" in front of my ball...looked at my line and yeah, covered with leaves...i still rolled it and somehow my ball managed to miss every. single. leaf....and drop right in from 25ft.

Birdie 2 on the par 3 10th hole. About 18 inches short of acing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Only thing 'best' about it was that I hit it exactly how I wanted. It's a dogleg left par 5 and the only way to have a shot at it is to be on the right side of the fairway off the tee. Soft conditions so aimed just inside the tree line and wanted to get it up in the air for carry, and did it right. Didn't get to go for it because it was slippery mess over there, but still led to a birdie.

Last edited:
Par 3 172 5H to 8 feet. We won't talk about the putt. :banghead:

Had a chip for eagle that hung on the lip.. Easy tap in birdie

Dropped a 40 foot birdie putt from the fringe on the island par 3!
C5F713FF-6D05-4A29-8221-7100AAFFD269.jpeg

Drained a 15 foot birdie putt on 18 to finish the round at even par.

20201201_184447.jpg

Okay, I'm wearing a hoodie, and there's music playing during, so you can hate on it and I'll understand/expect it, but this was a personal victory shot for me. It's a 290yd par 4 that I have tried to come at countless ways to hit in 1. It's just about impossible. And I've hit it, but not held it, and come up on the fringe a bunch (and in trouble and everything in between).

The music on course thread and a TSi3 discussion started a theme song on the tee idea and we totally ran with it on a really fun day. In the end, a couple mm heel strike and a seriously high cut finally got the job done, I lipped out the eagle and made birdie, and the theme song on that one turned out to be hilariously perfect (to us anyway).

Hit 14 of 18 GIR today, but we're going to go with one of the 4 misses. Dumped it into a deep green-side bunker. About 50 feet to the pin and hit a nice high and soft bunker shot to 2 feet.

Flushed a pretty good 5i slightly uphill that ended up 6’ past the pin. I’ve been working on impact position and better contact with the irons so this one felt particularly good. For me this is a great 5i strike.
7f30098fe2aafbbbdfe527cabc1e562f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20201202_172828.jpg

Little Vokey gapper I was grateful didn't hit the pin.

Last edited:
Not the best shot but it was the most entertaining shot. Had 100 yards to a pin at the top of a steep slope. Hit the ball right on line and landed 1 foot short of the hole. My next shot was a 20 foot putt back up the same hill. Entertaining for me because I don't usually spin the ball back much. My wedge shots normally end up within a foot of the ball mark.

I made a 25-foot putt, but I'm going to go with a thread the needle approach shot. After the worst drive in a long time, I've got an uphill and sidehill lie 180 yards from the flag. The green is elevated, very narrow, and the green slopes left up by the hole. Hit it straight as an arrow to the right side of the green and rolled left 5-feet from the hole.

Big 3w around 250 into the wind. Had to carry at least 240 to clear water in front of green. Round was trash and hit a good drive to set it up.

Made the putt for an eagle. Only good thing all day

200yd 4h off the fairway rough that left me a nice pitch to the pin.

Back