The best shot of the round

301 yard par 4... 220 yard 4 iron to fairway... gap wedge from 92 yards to a back pin. Ball settled 8 feet right of the hole.

I three-putted.

I hate golf.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

I went back today. Same hole... same club from the tee. Left myself about 72 yards. Hit a good sand wedge that stopped 7 feet to the right of the hole. Nearly the exact same position as yesterday. This time, I missed on the high side and tapped in for a par. I had 2 birdies on that side... but couldn't add this one for a third.

Recovery shot - took a drop in the desert, just off the fairway, 25 yds to the pin. I had short sided myself and had a bunker to carry.
Sand wedge to the pin, one hop and stop. Made the putt for a bogey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd shot into number 7. 50 yrd pitch to 6in for a tap in birdie. Pictured the shot and it did just what I pictured.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

120y held off 9 iron to 2 feet. Saved my par on a par 5 after losing my 2nd shot right OB.

The best shot from my mediocre round Sunday was a 20+ foot putt to complete the sand save and make par.

4 iron second shot of 188 yds. to a slightly uphill par 5 green. Smoked it, hit it on the nose to 10 ft. left of the hole, pin high. Made the eagle putt. :bananadance:

Last edited:
Very boring round today. I had no shots worth mentioning

Had two birdies today, but this was my fave shot.

159 yard, par 3. 5h hit two feet right of hole, pin high.

e2c253ca6e3e112a7c091d1e9a1858c5.jpg

18th hole. My second shot is 237 yds to the pin. Group ahead of us is on the green. But I can't see them around a tree. Cart partner says "You don't have that in your bag, hit away" Took out a 3 wood put a draw swing to get it around the tree and absolutely roasted it. Went to look for my ball and I see the group on the green walk off and there is a ball on the green. It's mine. 2 putt for par. Never caught up with the group ahead of us to apologize.

The best shot of the round

3rd shot on a par 5. 160 yards to the hole from the parallel fairway (pushed my drive then just played up the wrong fairway) 7 iron just hoping to get it in front of the green and chip on with the big tree in front. Stuck it on the green and 2 putted for par.
764c42c318fb86656aef030f0d8ebc8a.jpg

Last edited:
Best shots today were bombs. Two come to mind.

Just about drove the green on a 310 yard par 4. Put it 289 with the wind helping, just 5 yards short of the green.

Also had the wind helping on the par 5 18th. Hit my 5 wood 244 to the fringe on my second shot.

Chipped in for birdie on 9 today from the back fringe.

170 yard par 3 yesterday. Uphill about 30 yards, wind coming into the face and a little right to left, rain pouring down. Took a soft 6 iron to about 15 feet. Have only hit that green about 6 times in 4 years of golf league.

Played 18 last night after work and had 2 contenders for shot of the round

First was the 14th where I pulled my approach left and short-sided myself having to go over a bunker to a pin that was about 8ft onto the green sloping away from me. Opened up the face of my 58 degree wedge and landed it in the perfect spot on the top of the slope behind the bunker for it to roll down the slope and it almost dropped but lipped out to leave a tap-in par

Second was my tee shot on the 17th. I didn't measure it, but the scorecard said it was 378yds and I hit a perfect shot that finished on the left side of the fairway and my watch said 104yds to the centre of the green

I would probably pick the shot on the 14th as it was a lot trickier to get the ball close to the hole after being in the position I was in

Shame the rest of the round was so bad that I dumped keeping score after 10 holes

Par 3 17th, our 8th of the day. Pin high but in the bunker about a foot and a half from a foot and a half vertical lip. Hit my 60 degree wedge to a foot with a hop and stop.

My best yesterday led to my only birdie. Hit a little knockdown wedge from 105 to 2'. Had a rough day hitting greens so this was a nice way to finish up.

Honorable mention goes to a choke down 5 wood from 227 on a par 5 that finished 30' from the hole on a turtleback green that let me 2 putt for par after chunking one out of the fairway bunker that I hit my drive into.

Two from yesterday's 27 hole excursion:

175y par 3 guarded by water front, back and left. 6i to 8 feet.

295y par 4. Hit a nice fade and nearly drove the green. Had a 10 yard chip left.

Two from yesterday's 27 hole excursion:

175y par 3 guarded by water front, back and left. 6i to 8 feet.

295y par 4. Hit a nice fade and nearly drove the green. Had a 10 yard chip left.

Damn! 5150 BOMB, nice shots man!

Haha, never mind that you'd have driven the 295y green with your 3w.

LOL, I just gotta get it straightened up. Had a good range sesh last night.

2 shots from a round late last week, both from the woods! A 150 yard punch slice onto the green, and a 140 yard hook onto another green. Not proud of the drives that found the woods, but happy with the results of the 2nd shots.

First round of the year, first hole, 2nd shot. 54* from 100ish out to 3ft. Birdie.

The rest of the round... well I don't want to talk about it

f617a95968c056f8a43149dc060e30aa.jpg

387 yard par 4 put the driver down the middle leaving 111 yards in. Hit the flagstick and left this for the birdie, made the birdie (only one in the round).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
142 yard par three with water in front & left. It rained five inches last week, there wasn't any rollout all day.

approach shot from the rough 120yds out. Fairway bends sharp right and cant go straight at the green cause a tree is in the way.

I tried a cut shot to fade it around the tree and follow the shape of the fairway onto the green. (because at a 31 HCP I can totally hit those shots on demand...)

Ball went exactly as I had intended (but wasn't expecting) and landed about fifteen feet from the hole. Two putts for par!

Back