The challenge of getting tee times and when to think about a club?

bozack

Reaction score
Handicap
I am up in the Northeast and it seems post covid tee times are super hard to come by, even smaller not so great courses its hard to get on when in the past I could usually find something. On top of that the one 9 hole I played a lot is now going to get super busy as it was sold to a popular microbrewery.

There is a local private 9 which I am a social at and that gets me 1 round a month but its got a 5 year wait for golf memberships - I don't see anything improving with course availability

anyone go into a club and regret it? or was there one thing which sealed the deal that said this is worth the cost/wait?

Thanks

It'll be easier and probably seem better than what you're currently dealing with, but getting a tee time at my club has also gotten harder. Rounds seem to be up everywhere...maybe not vs. 2021, but definitely vs. 2019.

It is surprising given the economy that tee times are hard to come by.

You raise a dilemma I am currently facing with tee times. I posted a couple of weeks ago my options and still undecided post thread.

Where are you specifically? I have been playing in RI/MA/CT/PA the past couple months. MA is very difficult. Any public course of any quality with a decent cost is slammed.

I think the last 2 years were awful since so many people were out of work.
I am not finding this year to be as bad as the last two.

I have 3 courses I play and don't have a problem with tee times.

Where are you specifically? I have been playing in RI/MA/CT/PA the past couple months. MA is very difficult. Any public course of any quality with a decent cost is slammed.

I am in MA and yes, also the folks I play with don't like to travel far so that limits things even more

I’m in upstate NY and it’s not bad at all for public courses, though I do book a week in advance and always on a weekday morning so that might be why.

Back