The Club Champion Driver Fitting

I'm going in for an iron fitting next Tuesday. Looking at loft/lie/gapping and possibly a shaft change. Love CC.

I will be going as soon as I find out what clubs are avaible to choose from for the Morgan Cup!

i being a Hi-Cap i would love to find a driver I can hit consistently. I have been toying with going to a shorter driver.

Much thanks to THP and CPG.

#Team PARADISE

Club Champion does great stuff. Had my 1st ever putter fitting there few years back with the founder Nick when they opened the DC (actually in Rockville, Md) location.
My issue is (and I do not think I am alone in this) - I absolutely cannot swing a club, particularly a wood, indoors!!! Partly product of large human (6'5") and also head case, lol.
Not to mention I just prefer to see actual outdoor ball flight etc.
Just seems like none of the green grass fitters have anywhere near a full complement of options to test.

So, question is:
Does CC have, or plan to have, any green grass type locations where outdoor ball flight can be factored in??

Awesome, I Hear nothing but great things about Club Champion!

I had a full bag fitting last year. Phew, I will never do that again. My driver settings were changed from 12° to 10.5° and my shaft changed from stiff to regular. I gained about 5 yards. It wasn't a huge gain but a gain. If I was to do it again, I would do woods one day and irons another day.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I did a full bag fitting too. We calculated I took over 600 swings that day!

so here's where i struggle a little bit with this.

on one hand, i 100% agree that people should get fit. i think people can get swept up in internet hivemind mentality and extrapolate some youtube guy's results to their own. low spin was good for him, it must be good for me. i'll take a 8.5* epic sub zero with hzrdus black please!

but on the other hand, we are constantly reminded that oems release clubs in setups that are meant to work best for the masses, straight off the rack.

So, I did the whole bag fitting. My driver and putter were optimal (I was fit for the driver). 3W, hybrids, irons I was all leaving a lot on the table. Interestingly, the clubs I got the biggest improvement (as far as potential improved scoring) was my irons, and the irons I gamed were custom fit by a major manufacturer's fitter. I really get a much tighter dispersion with my new irons. It showed on the launch monitor and it translated to the course.

So in my experience, I came to three conclusions.

1. Obviously, we all can play with off the shelf stuff. But the results I got and hear from others who have gone to CC suggest that most of the time we're leaving a lot on the table when we do.

2. There are fittings and there are fittings. THIS is a real fitting!

3. There is no such thing as a 'typical' golf swing and the differences do translate to different specs. for our equipment. We chase distance but should pay more attention to dispersion.

JB. Did you try other heads or just the Rogue during the CC fitting?

You had mentioned the G400, FMax, F8 but I wasn’t sure if this was at the fitting or just in your normal testing.

Back