The generic help.me choose thread

Srixon gear isn't the easiest to find. I found some locally that were a 785/585 combo set but the pw and 4 iron were broken so I'm guessing those have been thrown 1 too many times.
You probably would have to go EBay, but that Srixon 785 driver can be had for $200 or so...
You have to purchase separately to get the discount on all three items.
View attachment 9002561View attachment 9002562View attachment 9002563
I co-sign this Driver & 3W too... Great release...

CPO definitely has some good deals. You could definitely pick up a complete set of Rogues under your budget. The Mavrik/ Mav Max are also great choices. The Mavs will likely drop in price once the B21s finally make it to CPO, but it’s hard to tell when that will be. I like dealing with CPO because of the easy trade/return policy and excellent customer service.

If you have any local golf shops, don’t be afraid to ask there, I know my local PGASS has barrels of year or two old demo clubs on some decent deals if you can find what you’re looking for.

Additionally, I would check the THP Classifieds or throw up a WTB post, lots of great deals here too.

Unfortunately, as popular as Golf is at the moment, and being spring, the really killer deals are few and far between, and you have to be ready to move quickly when you find one.

With a 1k budget and looking for 2+ year old gear you really shouldn’t have much trouble at all. Callaway would be my first choice but Cobra would be a snap and less expensive. Ping might push the budget, maybe not. Taylor made would be pretty easy too. They all make good gear. If you have a favorite brand start there.

So callaway is the way to go it seems. I was expecting ping, ben hogan, and a million other answers but callaway is running away with it.

There are a ton of good options but Callaway makes it easy with CPO. Another option would be to post what you are looking for in the BST forum I would be surprised if you couldn’t source a great set of clubs through there for under $1K.

For example I have a set of Ping i200 irons 5-PW with Steelfibers 95 shafts in stiff flex just sitting around my house. They are too good a club to be just hanging around. I would take $250 for them. I am not looking to turn this into a buy my irons post but if you have a sense for something you are interested in the club hos on this forum I am sure have lots of stuff around the house.

Back