CONTEST The Grandaddy Crew Heads to Chicago to play at Cog Hill 7/23-7/25 You could join us!

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Grandaddy crew is gathering in Chicago at Cog Hill July 23-25th. The 2 courses we are scheduled to play are Dubsdread and Ravines(where the played the 97 US Am that Kuchar won).

We are arriving Friday the 23rd and grabbing drinks and dinner.
Saturday - Golf on Ravines at 10:20-10:40 & 4:00-4:20 and then dinner afterwards
Sunday - Golf Dubsdread 7:20-7:40 am and then head out of town.

Team Callaway
@blazinden 10:45 AM OHare
@MattyD-MPLS Driving with jmix18
@RealPretendPsychic 2:26 PM OHare
@Tevenor 5:17 PM OHare
@Afizzle2100 Driving to Chicago -
@Iceman! Driving - Lives in Chicago

Team Grandaddy
@93civiccpe 2:05 PM Midway
@Muchmore18 12:30 PM OHare
@xThor Driving with KY Golfer
@Vader 3:20 PM OHare
@KY Golfer Riding with xThor
@jmix18 Driving with MattD-MPLS
I say this could be you because we have 3 spots open for THPers to join us in Chicago. If you want to join in on the fun, send me a message and I will get the info to you! Because this is Grandaddy related, we just ask that you be a part of the Albatross Club. Info can be found here, Albatross Club! We have filled all of the spots!

3 of us will be driving in so ground transportation is covered. You can drive in or fly in, your choice.
Hotel: Staying at Holiday Inn Express( $72 a person sharing a room with 1 other person)
Golf: $300 for the 3 rounds

We are also doing a giveaway of a dozen Callaway Chromesoft X LS balls to the person that picks the winning team and the points earned for each day. If there is more than 1 correct guess, we will do a random pick of all the correct guesses.

Saturday: We will divide the 12 of us into 2 teams and play best ball match play(handicapped, of course). Each match will be worth 3 points. The front, the back and the total. 9 points available in each round. 18 total points available.
Sunday: We will be playing singles match play. 18 total points available.

Example pick:
Saturday: Team Grandaddy 9.5 Points
Sunday: Team Callaway 10.5 Points

We will start practicing live updating the forum for when we are out in California!!!

Last edited:
This sounds like a lot of fun guys! I wish I could make the trip :(

Who is going to join us???

My birthday is the 25th, just sayin' haha

Sounds like an awesome golf weekend! I have to look up the courses but I sure THPers have great taste in the course. Looking forward to following along!

Sounds like a good time.

PM sent -

Bring it boys and girls! We need some witnesses to the smack down some of us are going lay down. :D

Or more realistically the smack down the course is going to give to us. :)

Unfortunately it's my daughter's birthday weekend. Sounds like you all will have a blast!

This is so cool to offer to the THPers. Going to be a fun follow and prelim to following you all in December.

Desperately wish I could make this happen. Can't wait to follow along!

Oh man guys. I'd be all over this, but we're closing on the new house literally that week. It's hectic enough packing up, I just can't make it work this time.

Enjoy all! I hope to be able to follow along.

The first THPer is in! @Iceman! welcome to the fun!
I live north of Cog Hill and while I have been to the course for PGA Events, I've never played either course.
I happen to be open that weekend with my usual Saturday/Sunday group, so this event fits perfectly.

I live north of Cog Hill and while I have been to the course for PGA Events, I've never played either course.
I happen to be open that weekend with my usual Saturday/Sunday group, so this event fits perfectly.

Welcome aboard man! Going to be a great time. (y)

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! Retired but work security at Wrigley for Cubs games and those stankin cubs are in town and I am already committed to work that weekend😢 Would have loved to meet and play with you guys!

Oh man guys. I'd be all over this, but we're closing on the new house literally that week. It's hectic enough packing up, I just can't make it work this time.

Enjoy all! I hope to be able to follow along.

That's why are guy @dacatalyst41 can't make it either. Moving and selling a houses is a hard process!

Ahh - this sounds awesome! So bummed I'm travelling that week, otherwise I'd totally be in. Would have been so great to catch up with @93civiccpe and meet all the other guys!

Have a blast!

Doesn't look like much water until I tee off into the pond two fairways over.

Back