The Hay | Short Course | Pebble Beach

TJRyska

#LivingtheDream
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.5
Anyone on here going to play The Hay on Friday?

Doesn't it open on April 26?

Pebble's website and Instagram account say April 16th.

Thx. My head changed the 1 into a 2. I am going out there in June and will play it.

Thx. My head changed the 1 into a 2. I am going out there in June and will play it.

No problem! I was hoping to go this summer but probably will play it in December. Please let me know what you think of it.

By the way, you can book a tee time for The Hay course up to six months in advance and up to 18 months in advance, if you are staying on property at Pebble.

Jealous of anyone who is able to. I know it was going to be complimentary to anyone staying on property. Now I have to go back, right?

Looks like a lot of fun. Having just played Bandon Preserve recently, I am all for short Par 3 courses. Wish there was a little more length on this one though.

Jealous of anyone who is able to. I know it was going to be complimentary to anyone staying on property. Now I have to go back, right?
Perfect excuse to make a trip back out there!

Looks like a lot of fun. Having just played Bandon Preserve recently, I am all for short Par 3 courses. Wish there was a little more length on this one though.
Yes. Should be a blast but I do wish there was a little more length to the holes but still looking forward to a round.

This looks really fun! I credit the 13 hole par 3, Mountain Top walking only course, and Watson putting course at Big Cedar as the place I found my golf game. If I get to venture to Monterey again...I'll be playing this place for certain!

I was there right at the end of February, so I missed it by a couple of months. There was still a lot of work to be done at that point, but it looks amazing. Guess it's time to go back.

I’ve been getting bombarded with emails to play this from Pebble. $60 odd to play a par 3 course? No thanks.

I’ve been getting bombarded with emails to play this from Pebble. $60 odd to play a par 3 course? No thanks.

If you have a teen, you can sign him up for Youth on Course - it's $5, and the putting course is free for everyone. AND 50% off to play again! What a deal.:ROFLMAO:

If you have a teen, you can sign him up for Youth on Course - it's $5, and the putting course is free for everyone. AND 50% off to play again! What a deal.:ROFLMAO:
The youth rate is pretty good, actually very good.

The youth rate is pretty good, actually very good.

You can sign up to join the NCGA for $79 and play Poppy Hills for $80-90. I think YOC costs $25

$65 for the par 3 compared to $500+ to play Pebble isnt too bad and you get to be out at Pebble and enjoy the putting course mentioned above.

$65 for the par 3 compared to $500+ to play Pebble isnt too bad and you get to be out at Pebble and enjoy the putting course mentioned above.

Yes, I think Pebble is $575, over $600 when you include a cart. $45 for a cart? :censored: But they can do it. My older son wants to play Spyglass in June - $415 plus cart. We can do Poppy Hills for $80 as NCGA members. He gets on BlackHorse/Bayonet for $15 as military. Costs me $100 and $5 for my teen son. Pacific Grove -I'd play the Ocean back nine twice - is about $50.

As to Hay, there's always the free putting course.

Beautiful looking course and the prices are affordable!

Was just reading about this, pretty awesome how cheap (or free) the youth rate is. It sounds like the resort sacrificed some much better financial options for the space in part due to their commitment to growing the game and offering options for junior golfers. I'm hoping to play pebble this year or next, will definitely be playing The Hay on the trip.

Yes, I think Pebble is $575, over $600 when you include a cart. $45 for a cart? :censored: But they can do it. My older son wants to play Spyglass in June - $415 plus cart. We can do Poppy Hills for $80 as NCGA members. He gets on BlackHorse/Bayonet for $15 as military. Costs me $100 and $5 for my teen son. Pacific Grove -I'd play the Ocean back nine twice - is about $50.

As to Hay, there's always the free putting course.
Pacific Grove is little known from outside circles.... damn internet 😳

Very cool of them to help out the youth. Love the names of the holes too!

Back