How do you prepare?

• Hydrate prior to hot golf

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • Drink while on the course

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • What is water? HAHA

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
I am playing in 102 degree heat today and will bring 2 bottles of water and will finish them. It will be hot, so sitting in the cart in the shade is a must. It will be a race to see if my wife or I pass out first. o_O

I am playing in 102 degree heat today and will bring 2 bottles of water and will finish them. It will be hot, so sitting in the cart in the shade is a must. It will be a race to see if my wife or I pass out first. o_O

Bring extra gloves and towels ... and more water. :)

I have a 1 gal RTIC, I fill with ice, 3 packages of Pedialyte, and water. Consume during. Works amazingly.

This sounds like a terrific solution!
well, I said I would be ordering some more when I run out, but why do that when you can win it?!?!?! lol. Found out last night I won a contest on IG for $180 worth of the stuff, different flavors and for different things (post workout, energy, energy and focus and one other thing). :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just picked this up at Costco for $29
AFBFCB37-437F-4833-B5F0-129A7C9FE1D9.jpeg

I never understood the drink the day before nonsense. You pee between now and then. On hot summer days in AZ I will drink a gallon of water or more on the course and still lose 3lbs at the end of the day. I drink a ton of water when I get home as well. I have never had issues with staying hydrated. I have brought a cooler with me since the start of COVID so I know I have water. I bought a 1/2 gallon jug to start taking instead of the water bottles so we will see how that works. The place I golf the most in the summer provides water bottles every 3 holes so I ensure I drink 8-10 of them when I golf there.

Don't buy any other flavor but the Tangerine.

All the other ones are not good.
I rather like the strawberry and was hesitant to try the tangerine. At costco the Tangerine pack is only 24 and the strawberry is 30 for some reason

I never understood the drink the day before nonsense. You pee between now and then. On hot summer days in AZ I will drink a gallon of water or more on the course and still lose 3lbs at the end of the day. I drink a ton of water when I get home as well. I have never had issues with staying hydrated. I have brought a cooler with me since the start of COVID so I know I have water. I bought a 1/2 gallon jug to start taking instead of the water bottles so we will see how that works. The place I golf the most in the summer provides water bottles every 3 holes so I ensure I drink 8-10 of them when I golf there.

I have never been a preparer in this regard. The bottled water on every 3 holes is a nice perk! My favorite course does this too!

I walk most of the time with an RC Cart. I bring at least 2 fruits, some nuts, a protein bar (or shake), and 2 large water vessels - each about 30 oz. In general heat (say up to 90ish) I may have left the protein item (which I will usually eat on the way home). If it's hotter than 90 I will drink at least 30 oz more. I also drink about 4 liters of water a day, plus any coffee/tea/etc. Oh, I also carry the Mio sport drink additive with electrolytes it also helps.

Good luck

I throw 4 or 5 bottles of water in my bag and drink while on course. I have good intentions of drinking more water before a round but I usually fail.

I drink a fairly decent amount of water daily, so I'm good there. But while on course, I'll definitely hydrate regularly with a mix of different beverages. I've been enjoying a tiny bit of Bio Steel in my water when I'm walking 18 lately.

If you find them on their IG page - you can order directly from Liquid IV and they usually throw in a discount.
Called it:
240683A4-1C7F-42EB-A3C1-61DE6A8A64BA.png

I use the Big bottle during my round last week I filled it twice and fully empty. Was around 90F but humid. I try and have one full L of water per round

I will drink a MT Dew on the way to the course. I will also have a frozon bottle of Poweraid in my bag. Starts to unthaw about the 3rd or 4th hole. Buy a Gatorade at the turn.

Its fun drinking over two gallons of water and not peeing for 7 hours.

Before and during for me and it still really wasn't enough. I need to look into electrolyte replacement as well as it took a toll in Chicago.

Back