The "I'm an Idiot" Thread

After just getting over chipping yips. I started the round with a great drive, I hit the next shot just short of the green and then hit a beautiful chip shot with no yips. Then hit my first putt with a major yip. I was getting the damn ball airborne. Played the next 17 holes putting terribly with this newly found pop up shot. It was like my body was possessed. I realized later, I could have gone left hand low or maybe try the claw swing and it would have been fine. I just didn't think of it at the time.

I forgot to lock the door to our guest bedroom (which I use as my home office) during a meeting today with several VPs. My 3 year old who is potty training snuck up and proudly announced that she "pooped on the potty"..

Went to IKEA yesterday to buy the various parts to make my new media unit. Closest one is Palo Alto, about a 90 minute drive from Monterey. Made my shopping list carefully noting all the product numbers, and after confirming everything was in stock, made the trip. Took my time in the warehouse, checking and double checking all the numbers to make sure I had the right thing. Checked my shopping list once, twice, three, four times, then checked out. About half way home it suddenly hit me! I had forgotten the drawer frame that I needed. I still don’t know how! Anyway, it’s a 3 hour round trip on Sunday to collect a flipping $15 drawer frame! Complete bloody idiot!

Last year I booked an online tee time a week in advance at my home course and invited some friends. When we showed up for the tee time, it was for Sunday...not Saturday :oops:

I waited almost 5 years to get help with my VA claim. I left way too much money on the table.

Most of the time, that would be a 👎🏻

Not with this as the circumstances. Thank you sir for your service and you get a 👍 from me at any time.

i bought grips on the interwebs this week, next week i plan on changing them myself, we'll see how it goes..

I forgot to lock the door to our guest bedroom (which I use as my home office) during a meeting today with several VPs. My 3 year old who is potty training snuck up and proudly announced that she "pooped on the potty"..

Reminds me of Kirk Herbstreit on ESPN calling out the weekly playoff list, while his nearly naked toddler ran into the room, lol. One of the funnier things I’ve seen.

I have made the following mistake not once, but twice IIRC.

Booked a golf trip for the weekend with course #1 on Saturday and #2 on Sunday. Only problem was when the time came, I went to course #2 on Saturday and #1 on Sunday. They both managed to fit us in, but it was rather embarrassing.

I have made the following mistake not once, but twice IIRC.

Booked a golf trip for the weekend with course #1 on Saturday and #2 on Sunday. Only problem was when the time came, I went to course #2 on Saturday and #1 on Sunday. They both managed to fit us in, but it was rather embarrassing.

That’s a typical Monday to me.

If you haven’t showed up somewhere without a legit tee time, you haven’t booked enough of them.

Last year I booked an online tee time a week in advance at my home course and invited some friends. When we showed up for the tee time, it was for Sunday...not Saturday :oops:
With curses trying to limit contact in clubhouses and more stuff done online, in app, etc, I feel like the number of times I've seen people show up for a tee time on the wrong day has skyrocketed. It's so easy to swipe/scroll to a different day and not realize.

I have gotten my days mixed when I made tee times. So the tee time is Wednesday at 11:30 but I go Tuesday or Thursday. Or leaving Sunday River ski area I drove an hour north on 95 before I realized I have to go south (the grass might have been the issue then). The worst wasn't my fault but I friend of mine had tickets to a Red Sox game and we go to Fenway on some night. We get to the park and the usher says these are tickets for last nights game. I then realize that "last nights" game was a no hitter by John Lester which we missed. Our tickets were then useless and since we were already in there and paid for parking we purchased new tickets for that game

I have gotten my days mixed when I made tee times. So the tee time is Wednesday at 11:30 but I go Tuesday or Thursday. Or leaving Sunday River ski area I drove an hour north on 95 before I realized I have to go south (the grass might have been the issue then). The worst wasn't my fault but I friend of mine had tickets to a Red Sox game and we go to Fenway on some night. We get to the park and the usher says these are tickets for last nights game. I then realize that "last nights" game was a no hitter by John Lester which we missed. Our tickets were then useless and since we were already in there and paid for parking we purchased new tickets for that game

We could always blame it on the grass, huh? Lol!

I’m impressed you made it an hour north. And if you then made it 2 hours south, very good. Lol!

We could always blame it on the grass, huh? Lol!

I’m impressed you made it an hour north. And if you then made it 2 hours south, very good. Lol!
i had to go 4 hours south, which then turned into 5. Blame a lot of things on the grass or the booze

I didn’t wreck a golf cart or my car today.

It was a good day.

It’s now also my bday. Which means (insert favorite term) when you are my age.

A course of go to near my work has a dispenser for range balls. So I show up, go inside to get a brass token for the machine. Then I go back out and get my gear out and hit the chipping and putting green. I use about 10 of my game balls there for proper feel for a while before heading over to the range to grab my bucket and hit some shots off the Matt.

Okay so twice now, I have gotten over to the chipping green, and then I take all the crap.out of my pockets (wallet, keys, mask, etc) before practicing. I notice the brass coin that looks like a Canadian $1 "loonie" and think to myself, when did I get change? Oh well, I'll toss that in my cart to use as a ball marker.

Half an hour later I wheel over to the range and start checking my pockets for the token. Damn! I must have dropped it. Last time I actually parked my cart while I walked back to where I was chipping and checked the ground, only to finally remember, "you idiot... That wasn't change. When the hell was the last time you paid with cash and got change..." Just waiting for the short bus to pick me up next...

😂

A course of go to near my work has a dispenser for range balls. So I show up, go inside to get a brass token for the machine. Then I go back out and get my gear out and hit the chipping and putting green. I use about 10 of my game balls there for proper feel for a while before heading over to the range to grab my bucket and hit some shots off the Matt.

Okay so twice now, I have gotten over to the chipping green, and then I take all the crap.out of my pockets (wallet, keys, mask, etc) before practicing. I notice the brass coin that looks like a Canadian $1 "loonie" and think to myself, when did I get change? Oh well, I'll toss that in my cart to use as a ball marker.

Half an hour later I wheel over to the range and start checking my pockets for the token. Damn! I must have dropped it. Last time I actually parked my cart while I walked back to where I was chipping and checked the ground, only to finally remember, "you idiot... That wasn't change. When the hell was the last time you paid with cash and got change..." Just waiting for the short bus to pick me up next...

😂

You sir, you understand my level of dumb-f**k-titiude.

It is beyond normal but I don’t think excessive.

Doing the airfield inspection this morning, and I kinda forgot there was a runway end light in front of me! I did call myself something a little stronger than idiot LOL.
F506350A-5A36-4B81-ADC0-C8A672D23D38.jpeg

I walked around the other day looking for my eye glasses and was getting upset I couldn' find them. No one was home to tell me they were on my head. I spent a good 30 minutes looking for them too.

I hate looking for glasses. You are looking for something to help you see the something you are looking for. It’s very counterproductive. Lol!

Back