The jolliest guy around

bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
I've got a question for you guys here. Two weeks ago I was asked by the woman runnig the FRG for my brothers unit if I'd fill in as the "Jolliest" guy in town. I agreed to do it. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to really pull this off. I found a couple things on line but they were pretty lame. Anyone have first hand experience with this. I only agreed because the kids whose mom or dad is leaving still need Santa. Hopefully I won't have any kids cry while on my lap.

Hopefully I won't have any kids cry while on my lap.

Hopefully that will be the LEAST of what you have to worry about them doing on your lap!

Hopefully that will be the LEAST of what you have to worry about them doing on your lap!

There better not be any of that happening either. :angry: I will quickly become the unjolliest guy around. :angry:

Either way, it's cool you are doing this.

This is great to hear. Good for you.

True story - my very first job, which I repeated 3 yrs in a row (before my growth spurt), was as an elf. I was a good one I guess, and I had a good rapport with my Santa. I took it as my job to wrangle the kids, get them going up one by one, calm them down if they were either nervous or overexcited, and the worst were the overzealous parents!

I'd highly recommend recruiting someone as a Santa's helper, so you're not swarmed/kids pulling at your costume/etc. Then you ONLY have to talk to the kids and the discipline/wrangling has already been done.

PS Have extra pairs of white gloves ready. His would be filthy in an hour or two.

Back