The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

The money is there and I saw the rumors but I don’t think Rors will actually go. If and big IF they went to four rounds then I think it’s much more possible
I can't see him actually doing it either, number one because he would look like a complete assclown after all the things he's said - but $850 mil would certainly make the mockery worthwhile. I'm 100% here for it though, just because I'd love to see the look on Monahan's face when he found out about it. :ROFLMAO:

I can't see him actually doing it either, number one because he would look like a complete assclown after all the things he's said - but $850 mil would certainly make the mockery worthwhile. I'm 100% here for it though, just because I'd love to see the look on Monahan's face when he found out about it. :ROFLMAO:
Had Monahan not screwed the players over and hung Rory out to dry, I would agree that I couldn’t see him going. Just like Rahm going though, this wouldn’t be a huge shock anymore.

Also for $850 million and 2% stake, you could call me whatever you want 🤣.

I think Rory cements LIV as the place people go when they want to wind down.

They don't have any majors for him to worry about not winning. :ROFLMAO:

I don't think this is all correct but he did have the Anthony Kim stuff first. He also thought Hovland was going to LIV. Interesting stuff in there.

Mr. Short Game is getting a lot of insider information. A lot of what he said could happen which would be interesting to say the least. Heads will be exploding if top players like Rory, Tiger, Spieth, Hovland, JT, etc start getting involved with LIV, become captains, or just play events there. I want to see it happen. 😂🤣

Yep I agree. The LIV guys at the Masters weren't good. Not enough reps. DJ was terrible.

Yep I agree. The LIV guys at the Masters weren't good. Not enough reps. DJ was terrible.
1/3 of top 12 with only 13 guys there isn't good?

Bryson and Cam Smith finished T6, Tyrrell Hatton was T9. That's 3 in the top 10. Out of 12 of them total, 7 made the cut and played the weekend.

What were Jordan, JT, Hovland, Woodland, Burns and Clark's excuses for missing the cut entirely? :ROFLMAO:

If the rumors are true, Rory is the biggest hypocrite ever. He needs to come out an apologize to the world. He needs to say he was completely wrong on the LIV, and he too is all about the money so he is taking it and has no interest in playing in the Ryder Cup ever again.

Last edited:
If the rumors are true, Rory is the biggest hypocrite ever. He needs to come out an apologize to the world. He needs to say he was completely wrong on the LIV, and he too is all about the money so he is taking it and has no interest in playing in the Rider Cup ever again.
Just speaking hypothetically because this still could all just be bunch of hot air - if Rory were to go to LIV, we all know that the Ryder Cup rules would immediately change for the Euros, if that's not already in progress behind the scenes because of Rahm's departure. When you look at OWGR, the cupboards are pretty bare for them beyond that.
Hovland, Åberg, Fleetwood, Fitzpatrick and Pavon are the only Euros in the OWGR top 25 who are currently on the PGA Tour (if Rory were to leave). The Euros are pretty obsessed with keeping the Ryder Cup, so I think mountains would be moved all of a sudden to welcome LIV golfers back into the fold.

Don't get me wrong, I could easily see LIV making that kind of an offer to Rory - they have the money, and it would be another gigantic F-U to the PGA Tour, especially since Rory was Jay's mouthy little yappy dog for so long. The question is whether or not Rory is a big enough hypocrite to accept it, knowing what lies ahead of him if he does and how fully he'd be prostituting himself.

Last edited:
1/3 of top 12 with only 13 guys there isn't good?

They have 10 of the past 20 champs and you have to admit the guys they signed are built for this course and it's the least competitive major of the year. I think it's fair to say they underperformed expectations. The degree to which that's true is certainly debatable.

I’m here for what is about to happen!!! Let’s see carnage!!!

I don't see Rory to LIV happening right now. His ultimate goal right now has to be completing the Career Major Grand Slam right, winning the Masters is the only thing and if he went to LIV his world ranking number would drop quickly so he would only be guaranteed one more chance at it since he hasn't won a Major in 10 years. I just don't see it.

I don't see Rory to LIV happening right now. His ultimate goal right now has to be completing the Career Major Grand Slam right, winning the Masters is the only thing and if he went to LIV his world ranking number would drop quickly so he would only be guaranteed one more chance at it since he hasn't won a Major in 10 years. I just don't see it.
I don’t see him winning a Masters though. 🤷‍♂️

If more names are going to make the jump, then LIV has to change the format and go to a 72 hole cut format. I think ultimately what Greg wants is a true world tour made up of the best and I can see it working if more names come.

That being said, I dont see Rory or anyone else making the move right now. Hovland maybe, but that would be it.

If the rumors are true, Rory is the biggest hypocrite ever. He needs to come out an apologize to the world. He needs to say he was completely wrong on the LIV, and he too is all about the money so he is taking it and has no interest in playing in the Ryder Cup ever again.

i generally haven't been a fan of Rory the past few years, but he kind of already has admitted he was wrong about some things.

He DID say beyond the money he hated the format and all. So that would be kind of funny.

I get the sense the rumors/ etc are just to stick it to Jay. It's a bit childish because Rory benefited tremendously from being the tour's "guy" (plus isn't he partnering with them on the indoor league? That would get awkward)

But it's possible he's legit mad at Jay, which i'm a little surprised by.

Either way this is very entertaining

Hypocrite, maybe, but maybe he just woke up to the duplicitous nature of the PGA tour’s/Monahan’s position.

I don’t think Rory is worried about backlash. It’s not like he’s immune to hate staying in the PGA. With Rahm over there talking about 72 holes, there’s probably some serious consideration of that. It’s possible that’s part of Rory’s deal to come over.

Genuinely a ******* pathetic take.
And so two years ago. How the eff are we STILL talking about the money 2 years in? Get a life, people!

This might be the greatest heel turn since Darth Vader!
darth vader GIF

Bryson and Cam Smith finished T6, Tyrrell Hatton was T9. That's 3 in the top 10. Out of 12 of them total, 7 made the cut and played the weekend.

What were Jordan, JT, Hovland, Woodland, Burns and Clark's excuses for missing the cut entirely? :ROFLMAO:
Woodland catching strays here coming off of brain surgery a few months back

Social Media Popcorn GIF by Travis

Back