The "Polo Tee" from MUNICIPAL: Yay or Nay?

Would wear. I usually have my polos buttoned all the way up and I don't dig the blade collar. That pink print is heat too.

Indifferent opinion on the shirt, but I must say Wahlberg appears to be in phenomenal shape

Wait, what? You NEVER wear a shirt without buttons? Only toddlers can wear shirts without buttons? This is very confusing Spicoli.

I am a confusing guy. I'm talking about this look in particular. This is one of the goofiest shirts I've ever seen. The collars look like they clip on.

it looks like a polo shirt under a tee shirt. it's ok...need to see it live to make a final say

Would wear. I usually have my polos buttoned all the way up and I don't dig the blade collar. That pink print is heat too.
I wear my polos with either one or two buttons unbuttoned depending on the shirt (I can't do the Bubba Watson look), but the placket of a polo rubbing against my sternum irritates me. For whatever reason, I'm irrationally sensitive to it.

One good thing I can see from this is that you don't risk the placket getting messed up from the wash. I had a really nice Criquet polo that had to be replaced because it got messed up after being washed once. No problem with that if there are no buttons!

That is very true - although my bigger problem is usually the collar getting baconed up! Which I assume this shirt would still have that problem.

To note, when it comes to washing polos, if people aren't, you ALWAYS want to buttom them all the way up, turn the collar up and turn them inside out to minimize the risk of placket/button/collar damage.

it looks like a polo shirt under a tee shirt. it's ok...need to see it live to make a final say

Sounds like a DIY project waiting to happen.

I am a confusing guy. I'm talking about this look in particular. This is one of the goofiest shirts I've ever seen. The collars look like they clip on.
I can't unsee it now lol

I wear my polos with either one or two buttons unbuttoned depending on the shirt (I can't do the Bubba Watson look), but the placket of a polo rubbing against my sternum irritates me. For whatever reason, I'm irrationally sensitive to it.
That's valid - if you're going to shell out some bucks on a polo it might as well be something that's comfortable! I almost always do the Bubba as it's chilly up here and as such:
D5blG8cX4AEVMsQ.jpg

So, this is a thing, is this a yay or a nay? Is this the "tweener" for Blade Collar and Traditionalists to cling to?

Oof reminds me of clothes kindergarteners wear. Now add some buttons and it’s a golf polo. That’s why blade collars are awesome a smaller collar but still buttons at the throat. Golf meets soccer sort of.

I like it. Would definitely wear these

I honestly can't figure out if I like it or hate it. Would probably have to wear one to decide.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I don't hate it. Took me a bit to realize there weren't any buttons. Looks like a polo from a distance. I don't think that collar would look very good after squeezing my big ass head through it a dozen times.

I'm not sure why but I love that style. I'm not sure I'd buy that pattern but the design is pretty cool.

I mean it's better than the bladed "collar" Rory wore for Nike a couple years back. At least this is a real foldable collar?

View attachment 9059489

I think I'm a fan overall. I don't know that buttons necessarily have to be on a polo, but I do like the collar.
That's a Henley, not a polo.

I think it looks pretty good. I've seen worse on a golf course no doubt.

Why not I suppose.

I would take the blade collar over this every time.

It doesn't bother me. I think from a distance it would just look like a regular polo to most people.

I don't like playing golf in a tee shirt to begin with so putting a collar on one doesn't do it for me. If it is hot enough to wear a t-shirt I like to have a button or two open.

Big no from me. The fact they’ve chosen to use an image of Marky Mark wearing one to promote it makes it an even bigger NO!

Big no from me. The fact they’ve chosen to use an image of Marky Mark wearing one to promote it makes it an even bigger NO!
To be fair, he co-founded the company lol

Back