The search for a 5 wood

I should point out......ANYONE can get into The Grandaddy! Ya just need to keep doing what youre doing but also join the Albatross Club.
Ya never know!!!!! Lightening could strike and you may not need to worry about getting a new 5 wood. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
What is the albatross club lol. Ok well i found a used paradym triple diamond 5 wood previous version with a nice shaft that id always wanted to try so will report back once it arrives haha

I went from a revolving door of 5 woods and utilities until I found the Callaway UW. It has more of a fairway than hybrid shape and is more versatile than an iron or fairway IMO. Easy to hit and elevate without being spinny or a club I worry about going left.

If you are deadset on a 5w, I would recommend the Ai Smoke. I have the Smoke Triple Diamond 3w and it's forgiving and long.
Interesting yes i like the feel of the hybrid but i just wish it the face didnt look so long. I have a 3 wood i love but its better off of a tee than a fairway. Anyway i just ordered a used previous version of the paradym tripdiamond 5 wood it has a shaft i always wanted to try

If you're of a mind, have a look at the Callaway Apex UW 5. Cross between a fairway and a hybrid and an absolute cannon for me. Easier to hit than a fairway and not a hook machine like a lot of hybrids.

If you're of a mind, have a look at the Callaway Apex UW 5. Cross between a fairway and a hybrid and an absolute cannon for me. Easier to hit than a fairway and not a hook machine like a lot of hybrids.
The older model or the new one?

What is the albatross club lol. Ok well i found a used paradym triple diamond 5 wood previous version with a nice shaft that id always wanted to try so will report back once it arrives haha
You can read all about the Albatross Club here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/.../the-2024-albatross-club-is-now-open.8957019/

It opens the door to a lot of benefits on THP - eligibility for THP Experiences, equipment testing, prize drawings, etc., and also helps a very worthy cause in St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

I love my G425 17.5* "5 wood" so much that when I changed out my 7&9 to G430's the 425 5 wood remained. I am no spring chicken (64) but the past 10 rounds my average with it is an average carry of 225, 232 overall, with a high of 248 (turn & burned to get to a par 5 in 2. This club will be in the bag for a while.

i would look at either stealth 2+ or the new Qi10 Tour. Adjustable hosel is great to open or close the face and then the weight track on the bottom makes a big difference in flight and spin

or check out the callaway apex UW. Perfect blend of wood and fairway

Interesting yes i like the feel of the hybrid but i just wish it the face didnt look so long. I have a 3 wood i love but its better off of a tee than a fairway. Anyway i just ordered a used previous version of the paradym tripdiamond 5 wood it has a shaft i always wanted to try
I had the Paradym TDโ€”thatโ€™s also a good one. You should like it.

Stealth 2+ 5 wood has been amazing for me. I need more height so I keep with adjustable weight all the way back, but if you tend to balloon you can keep it forward. Underrated fairway wood. One of my favorite clubs to hit.

I havenโ€™t carried a wood in years because I couldnโ€™t elevate them enough from the turf. Back in October at the Victory Cup I got the Mizuno ST-Z 5w and love it. Iโ€™m a similar club head speed with driver and it hits that number you are looking for.

What he said! You'll notice that some people have a "Albatross Club" membership tag next to their name. Lots air awesome benefits.
You can read all about the Albatross Club here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/.../the-2024-albatross-club-is-now-open.8957019/

It opens the door to a lot of benefits on THP - eligibility for THP Experiences, equipment testing, prize drawings, etc., and also helps a very worthy cause in St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Thanks! Ill check it out!
If you're interested in getting more involved and like the sound of what the Albatross Club can offer, let me know!

It's standard operating procedure here to "pay it forward" and I'd be happy to do that for ya if you're interested.

big fan of the Taylormade and Vsteel..I feel like the vsteel just helps so much, even in the new clubs...but I love the old vsteel 5 wood, I had that thing for like 20 years

Back