The Side Hustle Thread

I'm a cigar / pipe smoker. Ive recently picked up a bunch of old/estate pipes. Ill clean them up and if anyone wants them I'll sell them. If I enjoy the process like I think I will, I may start doing so on the side.

My current part-time job will turn into my side hustle. In September, my primary source of income (hopefully) we be property management and real estate in Los Cabos, Mexico.

1/2 No limit when I have the time.
I wish I had more time for a side hustle right now my hustle is working as much OT as I possible can. I am trying for 30 hours a week!
I have decided I want to play the Main Event next year and 2 OT's a month with give me the 10k :) and then when I win the ME and the 10 Million for 1st I will have all the time I want!

I love side hustles and glad this thread is being revived. I've got a few-

Buying and selling high-end art- Street art (think Banksy, KAWS, Damien Hirst)
Real Estate- Buying and renting out around Colorado
Flipping stuff - Had Buccanneers season tickets that did really well. Hamilton tickets were great too.
Credit card churning- Kind of complicated but I was opening credit cards and bank accounts both with sign up bonuses. Id fund the bank account with the credit card, get the sign up bonus for both and then payoff the card. Was able to do this 15-20 times.

I listen to a lo of podcasts and read a lot about side hustles but are there any good blogs or groups that cover them?

I love side hustles and glad this thread is being revived. I've got a few-

Buying and selling high-end art- Street art (think Banksy, KAWS, Damien Hirst)
Real Estate- Buying and renting out around Colorado
Flipping stuff - Had Buccanneers season tickets that did really well. Hamilton tickets were great too.
Credit card churning- Kind of complicated but I was opening credit cards and bank accounts both with sign up bonuses. Id fund the bank account with the credit card, get the sign up bonus for both and then payoff the card. Was able to do this 15-20 times.
Wow those are some awesome side hustles. I wish I knew anything about art.

Wow those are some awesome side hustles. I wish I knew anything about art.

I dont know a lot but I read a bunch about it and follow galleries/artists on Instagram. It is a numbers game. Top artists release prints as raffles to buy and if you win one you can flip pretty easily. I stay away from figurines and sculptures.

My side hustle is making TGC 2019 courses for sim play. I operate as an LLC registered in Michigan. I actually have a course in progress right now for @jmix18 from THP, Wild Marsh in Minnesota. I attached a couple of my links from the golf sim forum.

Jpotas67@gmail.com if interested!

What does a course run someone? Asking for a friend....😉

Looked into doing myself and decided not too.

My side hustle is making TGC 2019 courses for sim play. I operate as an LLC registered in Michigan. I actually have a course in progress right now for @jmix18 from THP, Wild Marsh in Minnesota. I attached a couple of my links from the golf sim forum.

Jpotas67@gmail.com if interested!

I wish I had taller ceilings in my garage (only 8ft) I would definitely put a simulator in there if I had taller ceilings.

I do an on call support for the hospitals, like if team members have traumatic experiences, stress, personal issues, we talk with them a little and get them connected to additional resources. That has increased which is why Ifor my original side hustle of therapy

Eventually I'll have my own mini practice so I can capture more of that insurance payment, right now I just work under someone else's practice

That's pretty cool. If I ever get a sim or have a friend get one then it would be fun to get one of my favorite courses back from my hometown done. I may have to get on TGC and play some of yours, only on PS4 unfortunately.

That's pretty cool. If I ever get a sim or have a friend get one then it would be fun to get one of my favorite courses back from my hometown done. I may have to get on TGC and play some of yours, only on PS4 unfortunately.
Based on the 100,000+ courses that are published in TGC 2019 I would say that you are not alone. The great majority are fantasy and made up courses, probably just a few thousand real Lidar recreated courses out of all of them.

Based on the 100,000+ courses that are published in TGC 2019 I would say that you are not alone. The great majority are fantasy and made up courses, probably just a few thousand real Lidar recreated courses out of all of them.
Yeah I’ve made a couple on the PS4 but it’s pretty hard on there.

I'm retired so everything I do is a side hustle. I do some part time / interim accounting for small businesses, some CEO/CFO consulting and I restore really old straight edge razors.

I rig boats with electronics, rod holders, down riggers, Electric trolling motors, kickers, antennae,. I also do water pumps and other maintenance on some of the Mackinaw racers at Detroit area boat clubs. It is generally acknowledged that Dealership and boatyard riggers cut too many corners, No or insufficient backing plates. Crimp connectors instead of solder splices etc etc. I could do it full time if I so desired, but I like my Gubbiment job and the bennies.

Wife flips clothes on Poshmark. I help her source.

Auto detailing with my daughter. About 3-4 cars a month in the spring thru fall. Mostly family, friends and neighbors at this point. Pretty low start up cost from the driveway. Power washer, vacuum, steam cleaner and carpet extractor plus supplies.

Just published Wild Marsh Golf Club in TGC 2019 by request of @jmix18. This is a course in Minnesota build around a lake and huge marsh which requires accurate shot placement at all times. Check it out if you get a chance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-16 184431.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-16 184431.png
    55 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220816183932_1.jpg
    20220816183932_1.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220816183953_1.jpg
    20220816183953_1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220816184019_1.jpg
    20220816184019_1.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220816184034_1.jpg
    20220816184034_1.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 3
Being a retired Electrician I am always doing small jobs around town the Facebook market place let’s me work as much or as little as I want not sure it’s a side hustle but it keeps the golf money stash up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back