The Worst Weather You've Golfed In

I remember standing on the first tee at Pacific Dunes and being pelted with sideways hail.

LOL that 3 of the answers so far are from Bandon.

Played on New Years day one year. The ground was frozen solid and there was a dusting of snow on the ground. Temperature was in the 20's but the winds were still. We used orange balls instead of white obviously.

What's the worst weather you ever played in? For me about 8 years ago I wanted to play a full day of golf with one of my best buddies before he moved out of town. We showed up at a muni in Abilene, TX early in the morning and played 40+ holes. The temps were low 30's and there was a light rain falling the entire round. By the time I reached the green on each hole, there would be a sheet of ice on top of my putter that I'd have to knock off.
I played lots of golf in terrible weather here in northern Michigan. I was such an avid golfer I bought my own cart cover and have a small heater for inside the golf cart! I am not quite that Avid anymore so don't play much golf in bad weather.

Your story reminded me of a time when I traveled to North Texas, Vernon to be exact to visit my grandparents for Thanksgiving and play golf with my grandpa. We headed up towards Childress on a cold morning, I think the temps were in the upper 30s. By the time we were done the wind was blowing 20-plus miles an hour and there were snow flurries in the air! My poor Grandpa was miserable, he toughed it out for me

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Played a couple years ago with Greg19, 28* out with wind chill felt like single digits. I think parts of me are still frozen.

This spring played in an MGA event where it was 40 with wind gusts of 30-35 mph. Was a complete beat down and miserable. A close second I played during a sleet storm in 1994. But with that one at least there was no wind to speak if.

High school golf 1997 in DFW area, we had a 2 hour delay so greens could thaw, then for the next 5 hours of golf the high was 35 with sleet and or snow on every swing, I had so many layers on I made the Michelin man look like a toothpick.

In recent years I try and stay away from cold golf but last year it was mild and a cold front wasn’t supposed to come in until after our morning round, needless to say it didn’t. Wind started blowing about 40 out of the north and the temp dropped 25 degrees quick! I remember hitting driver, 3 wood, 4 iron into a par 5 that is usually reachable in 2 and the a driver on a 200 yard par 3 on the following hole. Only bright spot was I bagged the only skin of the day with a birdie on 17 and bagged 200 bucks.

We play the Frozen Open on New Year’s Day every year as long as there’s no snow on the ground. It was in the teens last year with single digit wind chill. We had propane camping heaters in the carts.

Played in South Texas one time with a friend. 1130 tee time and the temp was low 100's with a heat index of like 120 or there abouts. I have never sweat so bad in my life. I couldn't hardly wear my sunglasses I was pouring sweat so bad. God it was miserable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back