This has to be one of the craziest things I have seen while playing golf!

I mean...leaving the ball up there in the tree is one thing, but they're a little more invested in the process when they've got three clubs up there! :LOL:
Hahaha so true!

No Pics or Video it didn't happen!!!:ROFLMAO:
That must have been quite the sight.

Just yesterday on the course we were playing the 17th hole has a tall net on the left side of the tee box. Half way up the net, about 20 feet or so, is a club lodged in the net. I am guessing the owner tried to carry the water, failed and launched his club. 😂

I mean if one got stuck, the chances another would get stuck should be pretty good. Plus the chances of actually hitting a club with another that is just a few inches is pretty slim

Still I'd probably crack a beer and watch the shenanigans

I mean if one got stuck, the chances another would get stuck should be pretty good. Plus the chances of actually hitting a club with another that is just a few inches is pretty slim

Would have been a great spot for the beverage cart to set up.

...and have my phone out taking photos/videos to document said shenanigans, can't pass up an opportunity like that!

I think the weirdest one I have seen is a guy was about 120 out, bladed the shot. It was on a rope towards the green, hits flag and it wraps around and dropped the ball straight down next to the hole. Best birdie I have ever seen.

I remember about 10 or 12 years ago I was playing with my son out west and very first tee was a drive over a large swamp took his 2 year old Callaway driver and the head came right off and into the swamp. Absolutely no way to even try to recover it it was out there so far.

Anyway at the time never even thought about going back to Callaway and asking for some kind of assistance as he was bummed out so just went to the local Golftown that afternoon and bought a new driver for him. Funny way to start a round though 😜.

Why did you not video this.......
I don't have a smart phone, but SURE wished the other guys had of videoed it, but I think they were so amazed that just did not think of it.
I dont think anyone would have because its only after each fact that one then knows what already happened. There is just no way one could anticipate even half of what happened while it was unfolding.

But what i dont get is.....just how important is this ball, where as one needs to fling even one club to try to get it? And then after the club gets stuck? They throw a second and then thats not enough so they throw a 3rd.

there is the expression....."once bitten , twice shy,...........but 3 times? you'd be an idiot. lol

That's pretty funny! I wouldn't throw my clubs into trees... other players' clubs maybe.:ROFLMAO:

There's a palm tree on our Par 3 that always has about 6 balls caught in the leaf sheath. We take bets when we play on how many are there. One day there were 8!.

The funniest thing I ever saw was two guys getting their golf cart hung up on a tree last year.

20190607_172345 (1).jpg

Well i would be surprised but I managed to get two clubs and a foam ball lodged in a pine in my yard during some chipping... definitely a lesson learned do not throw clubs in the air let alone at trees!

Hopefully no trees were injured during the non filming of this event.....

That photo doesn't seem possible...

Wow, that's pretty damn silly. To expect a different result the 3rd time is a bit insane...and overly optimistic.

hahaha and they say it's the hacks who slow down pace of play

Because that's usually the case!

And the thing is it was probably a ball they fished out of the lake with said ball retriever! 🤣

I doubt it. Good players don't play pond balls. Their capabilities have been greatly compromised. They are dead!

The funniest thing I ever saw was two guys getting their golf cart hung up on a tree last year.

View attachment 8952156

Question. Why didn't he just put it in reverse and back it off of there!

Back