donny475

I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So today is Thursday...Is Saturday, "This Saturday" or "Next Saturday". would Next Saturday be over a week away or truly the next one?

This Saturday is the 4th and next Saturday is the 11th? I would hate to learn English as a second language, but then again I’m still mastering it as my first.

This Saturday is the 4th and next Saturday is the 11th? I would hate to learn English as a second language, but then again I’m still mastering it as my first.
This is what I thought.

For me, Saturday the 4th is "This Saturday". Saturday the 11th is "Next Saturday". But if I'm telling somebody when we're planning something, I'll always clarify it like "Next Saturday, the 11th" to avoid any confusion.

This Saturday is the 4th and next Saturday is the 11th?
This is how I would interpret it if someone said "this" or "next" Saturday to me.

I'm saying the 4th is "this Saturday" because it is during this(current) week. The 11th is "next Saturday" because it is the Saturday during next week

Last edited:
While the 11th may be next Saturday, I would also argue that the 4th is the next Saturday.

Definitely "this saturday."

The fourth of July is this coming Saturday... Next Saturday is free slushie day... 7/11

the next saturday is this saturday, tho

I take it as this Saturday, next Saturday is the 11th.

the 4th is THIS Saturday
I leave for vacation Next Saturday

i’ve always said “this” referring to the upcoming, “next”referring to the one after the one upcoming

The 4th is either "this saturday" or just "saturday"... ie "see you (this) saturday"

The 11th is "saturday".

The 18th is "saturday after next"

:ROFLMAO:

Gif would actually be great for blocking people.. going to show up all over the covid thread

I have to agree with this. At least, this is how I've been taught my whole life? If someone said "next Saturday" to me today, I would think they are talking about the 11th.

This is Saturday of this week. Next is the Saturday in next week.

The fourth of July is this coming Saturday... Next Saturday is free slushie day... 7/11

cancelled due to outbreak.. haha. Or at least it should be..

But, do you mean this Saturday, or the one after that?

My Irish boss would say July 4th is Saturday and July 11th is Saturday Week. The dumbfounded look on my face the first time he said that made him laugh hysterically.

"This Saturday" is short for "This upcoming Saturday". NExt Saturday refers the to Saturday after this saturday.

To avoid confusion, I always clarify with a date. Seen this happen too many times...

My Irish boss would say July 4th is Saturday and July 11th is Saturday Week. The dumbfounded look on my face the first time he said that made him laugh hysterically.

I have said this most of my life....born and raised here, but the older relatives in my fam said it, Saturday week

Back