Thought I'd Seen It All

WLG1952

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
For Father's Day, My youngest Daughter gave me $200 in gift certificates. $50 each for four different food outlets. We used the Taco Bell one today.

While there we watched a young guy, maybe in his early 20s, maybe homeless, ride up on his bicycle and meander over to the soda fountain.

Now we've seen people come into these places before, and easily grab a soda without paying for it. They fill up their glass, and walk out. It happens.

This guy must of had a pair of steele ones. Not only was he grabbing a free soda, he was filling up a 5 gallon water jug with what appeared to be Mtn Dew.

As he had the 5 gallon container about half full, a worker finally said something to him. He just took his half full jug of soda, without a word, walked out side, climbed on his bicycle, and road off.

A while later, as we were driving out of the parking lot we saw the guy, sitting on his bike, holding his 5 gallon jug up in the air gulping down his fluorescent green soda.

Only in America I guess.

Was this California by chance????

It's sad that this is where we have fallen as a country.

I watched 2 hoodrats fill like 50oz containers with Cream and Milk at Cumbys I was like can I get a little for my coffee. They were kind enough to let me have a little.

Some in California aren't quite that bold, watched a woman stop just outside the door at Taco Bell one day, sorting through her bag of XL soda cups, McD's ...... nope, Burger King ...... nope, there it is, Taco Bell! Then went inside for her "refill". :wtf:

I was calling on a drive thru beer, wine, and everything else place in a sketchy neighborhood many years ago. A woman came in carrying an infant, and bought a bottle of Wild Irish Rose. Then she started digging around in her purse and asked the proprietor how much for a loaf of bread. She didn't have enough for a loaf of bread, so left without one!

So, the kids have no bread to eat, but Mom has her booze! Misplaced priorities anyone?

I was calling on a drive thru beer, wine, and everything else place in a sketchy neighborhood many years ago. A woman came in carrying an infant, and bought a bottle of Wild Irish Rose. Then she started digging around in her purse and asked the proprietor how much for a loaf of bread. She didn't have enough for a loaf of bread, so left without one!

So, the kids have no bread to eat, but Mom has her booze! Misplaced priorities anyone?
George Jones had a great song along this lines. Titled "Wild Irish Rose".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ridiculous. That’s far too much Mountain Dew for one person to drink before it goes flat!

I would hate to ever be so desperate. I would never wish that kind of life on anyone.
I have to interact with these types through my line of work and most chose to live this way. Some thanks to mental illness and no real system to address it for those without insurance and family support.

This made me chuckle!!!

I can tell you living in California they don’t enforce or arrest many for these small thefts. Most companies don’t even wanna press charges. These homeless folks flock to Taco Bell every day, I think their policy is to allow them to hang out, eat and use the facilities.

Was this California by chance????

It's sad that this is where we have fallen as a country.

I watched 2 hoodrats fill like 50oz containers with Cream and Milk at Cumbys I was like can I get a little for my coffee. They were kind enough to let me have a little.
No . Taco Bell at Russell Rd, and Boulder Hwy in Las Vegas
Ridiculous. That’s far too much Mountain Dew for one person to drink before it goes flat!
He was chugging it down pretty good from what I could see.

Last edited:
Some in California aren't quite that bold, watched a woman stop just outside the door at Taco Bell one day, sorting through her bag of XL soda cups, McD's ...... nope, Burger King ...... nope, there it is, Taco Bell! Then went inside for her "refill". :wtf:
I've seen people get an empty cup out of a trash bin for refills. It was just the idea of guy bringing in an empty 5 gallon water container that had me chuckling. What ever works I suppose

I can tell you living in California they don’t enforce or arrest many for these small thefts. Most companies don’t even wanna press charges. These homeless folks flock to Taco Bell every day, I think their policy is to allow them to hang out, eat and use the facilities.
We were bent out of shape when Arizona MVD (DMV) removed the chairs from all their offices and now make you stand in line rather than sit and wait. Turns out that they had a problem with homeless people coming in MVD and hanging out in certain areas of the state, and apparently there's some state law that you can't kick homeless people out of state buildings. So instead they removed all the chairs, with the exception of a few explicitly marked for handicapped people (which they apparently are able to enforce by law.)

further proof humanity is doomed to extinction -- but let me get some more golf in first please.

No matter how you look at it, it is still stealing from others. If someone is thirsty why not steal water? This stuff is getting crazier by the day.

Likely a case of mental illness and/or addiction rather than misplaced priorities. Very sad all around.

I see that a lot with cigarettes too. Let’s go ahead and take off the bologna and milk but leave me my Camels!

I can't remember what movie it is but they had a cup holder with the cup in their trunk for every restaraunt! Some people!

2.5 gallons of Mountain Dew, that guy is going to have a heart attack.

My older sister called me one day, freaking out because she was sitting in the Taco Bell drive thru and there was a case of canned cat food sitting outside the kitchen door.
"Why would that be there?????" She asked.
"Well... you've seen the "meat" they use for their tacos. Does it look like beef to you?" I asked. :ROFLMAO:
I never ate fast food Mexican, so I got a chuckle out of that. She did not find it as funny as I did.

Likely a case of mental illness and/or addiction rather than misplaced priorities. Very sad all around.

That's how it made me feel! For the kid!

They take that a step further in San Francisco these days...

Decades ago in NJ they had a all you could eat seafood buffet called Boston Sea Party, which included lobster tails. I saw this lady with a purse the size of backpack get plate of lobster tails, open her purse and dump the plate into a gallon zip lock bags. She went back and got a plate full of crab legs, did the same thing, followed by shrimp then blue claw crab, then scallops. My sister and I were like WTF.

Back