Thoughts on e12 Contact vs Q Star Tour

cnl390

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been playing the e12 Contact for quite a while and really like the way it performs for me. But golfers can never leave well enough alone. So I am thinking about giving the Q Star a try. My club head speed is in the mid 90's, and average drive around 230. Has anyone played both?
Thanks

One has a urethane cover so greenside spin is going to be vastly superior on the Q-STAR Tour

IMO, the QST is among the best values in golf balls today. It may even be the best value when comparing performance to price.

I have played both and the QST was the superior ball for me.

As JB mentioned, greenside spin isn't even close

I don't know if it's the ball, the advertising or me hitting better. But I have been sticking with the e12 Contact because they seem to go straighter.

QST Divide might be the best colored ball in golf. It's so cool to putt those things and watch them spin through the air on pitch shots.

To me, both of them fall into that middle 90% of golf ball performance where I can't tell a difference between them. But it's worth buying a sleeve or even a box of QSTs and finding out yourself.

I don't know if it's the ball, the advertising or me hitting better. But I have been sticking with the e12 Contact because they seem to go straighter.
I believe it’s a bit lower spin to the tune of a few hundred rpms with the driver. e12 is a solid offering. Good video here we shot comparing e12 to RX

I’ve played both and, not to sound repetitive, but spin on the QST is much better around the greens. The e12 is a good ball, but I wasn’t gaining anything with it as far as distance or accuracy. QST is a fantastic ball, especially considering the price point.

I’m a big believer in the QST! Best ball on the market for the price point.

I played both. Found the e12 ball to straighten out on mishits, but was woefully shorter with my driver. I am back to the Q-star tours and am happy and hitting some bombs (occasionally lol).

I really enjoy both balls and in my experience the e12 Contact is straighter and a hair longer. The QST has more bite around the greens but for the most part I’ve been sticking with the e12 this season with no regrets.

I find the e12 to be straighter but a little shorter than the QST.

Back