THP Live Round thread!

20191119_130003.jpg

He went long out of the bunker. Good shot really, but he's up against the cut.

I am no golf instructor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night. :)

Noticed that on your takeaway for the back swing, you slide back to the point where it looks like your right leg is actually bowing a bit backwards in flex instead of anchoring the down swing by staying more firm. That makes your transition into your down swing a slide forward which blocks your left hip from turning out as much. What's your normal miss with a driver?

Ugh. Yeah. I slide, because I have rotation issues. I broke most of my ribs and punctured or lacerated just about everything else in my torso last year, and a more normal swing earlier this year literally pulled two of those ribs back apart. My whole swing these days is an ugly combination of trying not to hurt anything, and maintaining some kind of power and control.

Oh, my driver miss... It's fairly even these days, but slightly favors the left.

Last edited:
I made the birdie, but gave it back on 8. +1 down 2.

Last edited:
Birdie on 9 and won the hole.

I'll try to freeze frame a couple pictures for you while everyone snacks and pees, trevenor.

Screenshot_20191119-132823_Video Player.jpg

Address

Screenshot_20191119-132852_Video Player.jpg

Sliding back off the ball :/

Screenshot_20191119-132553_Video Player.jpg

Apex

Screenshot_20191119-132629_Video Player.jpg

Closest I could get to impact trying to advance it on my phone.

That was just now on a good wedge. The amount of slide varies as I'm sure you've noticed, and is not always ideal.

Here's the full video. Gap wedge, 150 yd with about 1 club of helping left to right wind.

View attachment 11-19-19 9th tee.mp4

Last edited:
Ugh. Yeah. I slide, because I have rotation issues. I broke most of my ribs and punctured or lacerated just about everything else in my torso last year, and a more normal swing earlier this year literally pulled two of those ribs back apart. My whole swing these days is an ugly
combination of trying not to hurt anything, and maintaining some kind of power and control.

Oh, my driver miss... It's fairly even these days, but slightly favors the left.

Ugh. :eek: That's a lot of damage and a lot of change in muscle firing, tempo, flexibility, the lot! In that case, swing looks pretty good considering. :)

Given the flexibility/rotation concerns, the only thing I would add is I would love to see in that last picture your head move forward towards impact back to center position where you started ( first picture). When I look at your head in progression through the points in the pictures, when you slide back, it seems your upper body stays back behind the ball. At least on this one swing. Look at reverse c between your right should down to your right foot.

Also look at your left ear as it aligns the the horseshoe arm down on the tee marker. You start about even and when you get to your impact/downswing, its a few inches to the back of the swing, away from the horseshoe.

Last edited:
Ugh. :eek: That's a lot of damage and a lot of change in muscle firing, tempo, flexibility, the lot! In that case, swing looks pretty good considering. :)

Given the flexibility/rotation concerns, the only thing I would add is I would love to see in that last picture your head move forward towards impact back to center position where you started ( first picture). When I look at your head in progression through the points in the pictures, when you slide back, it seems your upper body stays back behind the ball. At least on this one swing. Look at reverse c between your right should down to your right foot.

Also look at your left ear as it aligns the the horseshoe arm down on the tee marker. You start about even and when you get to your impact/downswing, its a few inches to the back of the swing, away from the horseshoe.

Will do. I try to look back at everything at night after a round. I started taking videos for a relative, and it's become a habit to look at them while the shots are still fresh in my head. Some things have definitely become more sloppy chasing scores with no range time since coming back from getting hurt. There are some things on the list to work on this off season for sure.

Last edited:
20191119_133548.jpg

20191119_133655.jpg

Wind got us both to start the back. Couldn't get on from here. Dropped a shot, but not the hole.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20191119-135823_Video Player.jpg

20191119_134737.jpg

Aside from one lucky putt, this hole has baffled me this year. The wind is always strong and you can never tell what it's going to do. Pushed me way left, didn't move his at all. 2 putt par. Still +1.

Here's the tee shot on 13 trying one of his supersofts from the same view as earlier, Tevenor.

View attachment 11-19-19 13th tee.mp4

Last edited:
20191119_142506.jpg

+1 and AS through 13, and then I miss the biggest fairway in Nebraska to start 14. I swear this thing is 80 yards wide.

20191119_143717.jpg

Oh yeah. I'm killing it now.

20191119_144311.jpg

I will take that out though. And my chances to hole that putt over his.

Got it. Even and 1 up. Crap drive on the next though. The wind in getting in my head.

20191119_145628.jpg

Did not help myself going left on approach. Anyone got any suggestions for this sh%t? Lol

Got it out from there to about 18', amazingly, but it was a tricky putt and missed it. +1, AS.

Last edited:
20191119_150334.jpg

17 is one of my favorite holes in the area.

20191119_150736.jpg

That's more like it. 304 right down the pipe. I'm going for it. Damn the bunkers.

Screenshot_20191119-151623_Video Player.jpg

Came up just short and right. Pitched on and dropped the birdie. Even and 1 up, because he had a greenside bunker tantrum for the ages. Wish I would have got video. Lol. Loser has to do a bid neither one of us want to do, and I've never bogeyed the 18th here. !!! I can taste it.

Came up just short and right. Pitched on and dropped the birdie. Even and 1 up, because he had a greenside bunker tantrum for the ages. Wish I would have got video. Lol. Loser has to do a bid neither one of us want to do, and I've never bogeyed the 18th here. !!! I can taste it.

Screenshot_20191119-154014_Video Player.jpg

edit: Never had a video taken of me this near the green, but I was sh*t all day chipping/pitching, so I wanted one to look at. Eh..

View attachment 11-19-19 18 greenside.mp4

20191119_152856.jpg

I missed the green from a bad lie, pitched on, and made the putt for par to halve after he missed the longer one for birdie. Even par and a win! +6 for Mr. Meltdown. Which is awesome because I'm sore, the wind kind of kicked my ass, and I don't think I have the patience for crazy customers right now. Lol

As always, hope others got out where they could. And if someone's stuck at home I hope this helped!

I have video of me missing the unmissable fairway I might upload later. I still can't believe that.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20191120-112158_Video Player.jpg

Work break!!!

20191120_112418.jpg

20191120_112711.jpg

20191120_112907.jpg

Ima teach a class on how to make a bad par today, apparently. Thank God I can putt.

20191120_113517.jpg

Lesson 2. Don't make the exact same mistake of the next tee..

20191120_115121.jpg

Well when you're on a roll you're on a roll..

Back