THP Live Round thread!

Internet speed will not allow me to continue my live thread.

2 over after 3 holes.

Take care
Looks like a really nice pitch and putt. Enjoy the time out!

It turns out to have ten holes.

One Birdie.

3 Pars.

4 Bogeys

2 Doubles

Shot a humble 46 on a Par 39 course.

20220624_093332.jpg

image.jpg
red tail golf club from the greens.

image.jpg
406y par 4. no warmup, straight to the tee. toe draw to 155. weird contact bounced short and released to the back. 30’ downhill breaker for a birdie on number 1.

image.jpg

470y par 5. got away with another toe drive. good layup. smooth 3/4 sw to about 15’ behind the hole. nice read but left it short. easy par.

image.jpg

370y par 4. best driver swing so far but started it a little right. flew into that tree but had a clear shot. juiced a 9i and tested the short game. and failed the test haha. two chips to get on and two putts means a double.

image.jpg

147y par 3. breath of wind quartering in off the left convinced me to club up. good choice. wind pushed it to pin high about 30’ away. almost made the putt. greens are amazing. easy par 3.

image.jpg

400y par 4. the fairway is mostly open over the cropping of trees on the left but i decided to draw it anyway. drew just a bit, but must have hit a rogue patch of concrete in the fairway because it bounced hard finished 100y from the hole in a downhill sidehill lie in the rough. took an extra club and played the slope but it didn’t really take that shape. ended up pin high and just burned the edge for birdie. easy par 4.

image.jpg

170y par 3. hit a laser low mid 6i that landed about 10’ from the hole then took the slope up and back down, finishing about 20’ away. big time right break, the kind of putt where the more you borrow the more it will break. borrowed a bit much for the speed, but easy 2p par.

csx20 yielded +1 over 6 holes. now switching to csx22 for the next 6 holes.

image.jpg

546y par 5. super hard driving hole. only about 30y of fairway to work with unless you can carry it 270+ (which i can’t). hit a beautiful mid 5y fall off fade that split the fairway.
image.jpg

layup ended up a little farther left, 88y to the pin. debated a long time between a 3/4 sw or steep lw to deal with that bad lie. picked sw and felt doubt so switched to the 60y. came off great.

image.jpg

about 6’ for birdie. perfect read and perfect putt hit an imperfection like a foot from the hole and it bounced left and missed low. still a great par on a very hard hole.

image.jpg

360y par 4. another really tough tee shot. fairway cambers to the right. first swing i felt my flaw at the top so stopped and reset. actual swing was really good. in between clubs and picked incorrectly. long birdie putt wasn’t very good and left a tester 3’ for par. made it.

image.jpg

grip n rip 335y par 4. excellent baby fade leaves me 65y. decided on a waist high sw. good weight a little right of the pin. 15’ down a little fall line breaks into the hole. nice birdie to finish a very tidy front 9 36.

View attachment 9099505

546y par 5. super hard driving hole. only about 30y of fairway to work with unless you can carry it 270+ (which i can’t). hit a beautiful mid 5y fall off fade that split the fairway.
View attachment 9099506

layup ended up a little farther left, 88y to the pin. debated a long time between a 3/4 sw or steep lw to deal with that bad lie. picked sw and felt doubt so switched to the 60y. came off great.

View attachment 9099507

about 6’ for birdie. perfect read and perfect putt hit an imperfection like a foot from the hole and it bounced left and missed low. still a great par on a very hard hole.
The undulation in the fairways on this course would wreak havoc on my game.

image.jpg

double crossed tee shot worked out ok because my fade turned out to be a draw that started like 30y of my intended start line lol. went with one more club on the approach but decided to cut it and it spun up and finished short. not a great chutt and had a tricky 3’ putt with more left break than i read. bogey.

image.jpg

155y par 3 up the hill pin on the right. never really felt comfortable overdrew the tee shot. pretty good chip from over the green to 3’. a little misread caught the right edge and horseshoed all the way around for a bogey.

image.jpg

trees force a bit of a cut off the tee. no problem, i’ve been playing that cut to perfection all day. except this hole haha. low draw finishes left of the path but i can hack it down the fairway for a layup. not the best sw from 95y still gives me a little over 20’ uphill breaking right. putt rattles against the dead center of the pin and drops for birdie.

+1 over 6 holes with csx22. now switching to cs20.

image.jpg

350y par 4. a gentle draw should leave a wedge to a gettable hole. but a low heel bleeder leaves you in the right rough with a 9i lol. caught a jumper to the back of the green. good weight and a 2p par.

image.jpg

325y par 4 requires a pretty precise shot off the tee. thought i hit a draw but watched it peel a little up the right side, fortunately stayed in the fw. also lucky that pin was in the back which gave me a full wedge. hit a nice high fade back to the pin.

image.jpg

and made the bird.

image.jpg

170y par 3. a little wind off the right. decided to club down and hit a push draw to ride the wind. forgot to push it and missed just a little left. didn’t want to blade a chip into the water so chutted through some wet fringe, it came out a lot faster than i expected. hit a perfect putt from about 12’ uphill breaking right that bisected the flag and fell for par. i fist pumped. don’t hate.

image.jpg
370y par 4. looks like it’s a fade hole but the fairway slopes to the right so straight or the tiniest fade starting down the left is good. mine started just a little too far right and finished just off the fw. had a good number and trusted the slope. i thought it was going in the hole.

image.jpg

which one of you jerks would make me putt this??? birdie.

image.jpg

520y par 5. wind off the left. hit it straight because the fairway is big. aaaaaand i block it right but no problem it’s still (barely) in the fairway. 285 in and i want to hit it 200 for an easy wedge. weird hybrid swing leaves me barely inbounds in the right rough. stock gw distance and i guess i was misaligned because i tugged into the greenside bunker.

image.jpg

not the idea spot. actually hit a decent shot but it came out really low and hot. stayed inbounds but bladed the chip long. chutt hit way too hard. 2p TRIPLE.

what a choke job 🤣

image.jpg

maybe one of the hardest finishing holes in central florida. 400y par 4, fairway ends at 250 but obviously trouble everywhere and it always plays into the wind. i hit probably the best drive i’ve ever hit on this hole and had 150 in with a little sidehill lie. wind picked up off the left, and i hit a pull draw into the greenside bunker. lucky to get out of the bunker after a really weird shot, but misread the putt for a bogey.

cs20 was +2 over 6 holes but that’s with a triple that was NOT the ball’s fault lol

i played better than i’ve ever played for 16 holes. the game was easy and everything made sense. i let the score get in my head on 17 and choked away what could have been a great round. but i’m thrilled to post 75 on a tough course. that was a ton of fun!

View attachment 9099530

maybe one of the hardest finishing holes in central florida. 400y par 4, fairway ends at 250 but obviously trouble everywhere and it always plays into the wind. i hit probably the best drive i’ve ever hit on this hole and had 150 in with a little sidehill lie. wind picked up off the left, and i hit a pull draw into the greenside bunker. lucky to get out of the bunker after a really weird shot, but misread the putt for a bogey.

cs20 was +2 over 6 holes but that’s with a triple that was NOT the ball’s fault lol

i played better than i’ve ever played for 16 holes. the game was easy and everything made sense. i let the score get in my head on 17 and choked away what could have been a great round. but i’m thrilled to post 75 on a tough course. that was a ton of fun!
Great playing and thanks for taking us along. Like I said earlier that course would have chewed me up and spit me out with all those undulation changes. Side hill and downhill lies tend to be my kryptonite.

124 in, PW to 15 and 2 putt par

Back