THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I hate the range because like you said you can only hit off grass the second Tuesday of each week.

I know this is a leap year and all, but when did we get a second Tuesday in the week? :confused2: :alien:

I know this is a leap year and all, but when did we get a second Tuesday in the week? :confused2: :alien:
No we did not, that's why it is so hard to hit on their grass range.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I've been working on hitting the 3 Hybrid a little higher, as it stands I hit my 3i higher and land it softer but carry it 10 yards less (210 vs 220).

Have you had a chance to hit their new "crossover" (IOW, utility) club? That might be just the thing since it's more iron like. Not sure why you're not getting more height on your 3 hybrid though, for me the G hybrids got the ball up quick.

Going to get some range work in Orlando this afternoon and maybe 9 holes before my flight.

Try to get an idea of what I need to focus on the rest of the winter.

I know short game is definitely an area of need.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Have you had a chance to hit their new "crossover" (IOW, utility) club? That might be just the thing since it's more iron like. Not sure why you're not getting more height on your 3 hybrid though, for me the G hybrids got the ball up quick.
I saw this club in hand at the show. I don't hit it. But I have a gap in hybrid right now and this might fit the bill.

I saw this club in hand at the show. I don't hit it. But I have a gap in hybrid right now and this might fit the bill.

Demos should be out. I hit one yesterday at Golfsmith. It's a nice club for sure. For me it was easier to hit than the equivalent Apex utility.

Going to get some range work in Orlando this afternoon and maybe 9 holes before my flight.

Try to get an idea of what I need to focus on the rest of the winter.

I know short game is definitely an area of need.

Where are you playing?

Likely on the next few week to a month we'll be hearing more about sign ups. Which as you all know will be for 4 members of each team. The remaining 3 will come from Ron and myself.

Put it yourself in our shoes if you can. Would you pick you? Why?

Likely on the next few week to a month we'll be hearing more about sign ups. Which as you all know will be for 4 members of each team. The remaining 3 will come from Ron and myself.

Would I pick myself? Of course - my confidence in myself dictates that I say yes. As for why, it comes down to (1) I like to have fun (2) my handicap travels well (3) I will give legal advice when the Carolinas inevitably hit a person OB/ hit a structure and break something / or face an environmental fine from all the salt that the tears will add to the ground water. But really, I would pick me because I want to represent the DMV and win.

I don't envy the captain choices - will certainly be difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would I pick me? Only if.......

1. I wanted someone who is a good team mate
2. I wanted someone who has played competitive golf before
3. I wanted to have some one who knows how to roll with the punches ( good or bad)
4. I wanted someone who really wants to play and contribute to the group
5. I wanted someone who is, in my opinion, a nice person and enjoys the company of other nice people

I realize it's self serving but although my golf can be questioned, never my character!!!

I agree, you are not in an enviable position and there are lots of people that are deserving of the opportunity to play. Why me??? I love to play golf; good or bad and I get along with most people pretty well. While the goal is to bring home a win for team DMV, I see the bigger picture that this is an event to bring people who love the game together for some friendly competition and put faces with the names that we see posting.

Posting is definitely a key since you don't really want to invite people that aren't willing to be part of the community. This event in particular has renewed my interest in the board and as a result I have started responding to threads and even starting threads and not just with the +1/me too type posts to boost my count. I think if you read my posts, i have some good information to provide.

For those reasons, I think I should be picked. Help bring me deeper into the THP community so I can see all it can provide and can help spread the word on how great THP can be.

with the nice weather I am hoping to get all my other tasks done so I can go out and at least hit a few.

Yes I would pick myself. I am a good teammate and will be there to help my team any way I can. I have very good course knowledge at RNK and have lots of experience there as well. I have past experience in competition and am working on my game continously. I am active both on THP and other social media. To top it off if someone gets stuck under say a tire, golf cart or small bolder I can save them.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Im a good partner and teammate
i will bring it on the forum leading up to, during and after theevent
i will work hard on my game to be prepared to help the team
I'm there for each member of the team the the good and bad.

The main reason I would pick myself, I'm a good teammate, always encouraging never down on someone if they are struggling. I'm one that is always smiling, laughing or trying to keep the mood light and you would think I wouldn't care if we won or lost, but that would be couldn't be further from the truth. I hate to lose and I'm very competitive but you wouldn't know it, because I play my best and think I can help a team the most by staying even tempered, I mean the bottom line is we all want to have a great time.

As far as golfing ability, just average, but my handicap should travel and I can get on a roll with a putter at times.

I don't envy the captains at all!

I'm going to give the crossover a shot but still need to figure out why I can't elevate a hybrid, any hybrid. I even have one with a senior flex shaft I can't hit very high :)

I'm going to give the crossover a shot but still need to figure out why I can't elevate a hybrid, any hybrid. I even have one with a senior flex shaft I can't hit very high :)

Monster lag?

Yes I would pick myself.

I am half glass full kinda guy. We may be down ( which we won't ) 2 holes with 2 to play and I am going to be giving my team and my partner the confidence that we are up 2 holes with 2 to play

I will play every shot with my heart on my sleeve. I take every shot serious and want to execute each shot to my best of my abilities.

I have strengths and weaknesses just like anyone. I feel i can adapt fairly quickly in situations and get a feel for what my partner or opponent has strengths or weaknesses in and feed of that to my advantage.

I am by no means the best player but I will give 110% and be a committed player and teammate and rep NC to the fullest.

Why I'd pick me .... Hmmm? I love the game, have played it for over 40+ years. Love the camaraderie and the friends you can make on the golf course, not to mention the business deals :) Whether I play with a 0 handicap or a 30 handicap, I enjoy playing the game regardless. It's not about a handicap with our great sport. I have played competitive golf and know what it takes to put together a strong golf game all while keeping a great team of togetherness. I'm always encouraging my teammates, whether it's joking around to keep them on an even keel or offering up advice where needed. We all want to win and play our best but I try and make everyone have a great time in doing so, win or lose. I know that I am going to give my all on the course.
Captains Pick = Golfinnut

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can't lie and tell you that I know I have more to offer then the other hopefuls here - there are some top quality players, and more importantly, really good guys and THPers. You have a daunting task! Still, I would pick me, and there are a few reasons...

1) My abilty to remain calm no matter what happens, and come through in the clutch. I have never been one to shy away from pressure.

2) My willingness to put in the work to get this done. I never want to be the weak link, and that drives me. If, heaven forbid, we were to lose - I don't want it to be because I didn't do all that I could. I know of no greater motivation then the fear of letting a teamate, and more so team, down.

3) From a golf skill perspective, my wedge and short game play is my biggest strength, and that is crucial in match play

Tough choices indeed for the Captains. In a way they can't go wrong because whichever three they pick, they will end up with some quality THP'ers on either side, as the thread is full of them. I'm sure they wish they could pick em all, and just have one helluva competition.

I would pick me, because I could count on me for the following, to make sure this event is a great representative of what JB envisioned when he dreamt it up, and to insure the Sponsors feel it was something worth getting behind.

I would accomplish the above by helping promote the Event to the entire THP community and to the public as well through Social Media.

I would count on me to make any members of the team who happen to be new feel welcome and to show them how to embrace a THP Event to the fullest.

I know I would be the consulate teammate, offering a word of praise or encouragement where appropriate, and a ear to just listen when that's what's needed.

And md while doing all the above I would maintain a intense desire to win, and celebrate the Event with 15 other brothers afterward.

Why would I pick me? I love the game. I love playing the game and meeting new people to play with. I feel like I know how to work in a team, and be a good team mate. I love competition, but more importantly I know how to make any situation a good time because isn't that what it is really about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The main reason I would pick me is because I always bring a PB&J sandwich to share!

I would definitely pick myself.

Your going to get 110% from me, and I'm pretty much going to be upbeat about it all. I consider myself a team player, and no matter how the play is I will have something positive to say and I get along with pretty much everyone. I also seem to thrive in pressure situations. I'm not the best golfer, my handicap shows that, but I'm confident in my game and my ability.

Back