THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

You know what! All these teases or little hints that something is in the works!
Something has been in the works since January dude? But if you mean a possible delay.....I wouldn't get to worked up about that.....enjoy your beers

Something has been in the works since January dude? But if you mean a possible delay.....I wouldn't get to worked up about that.....enjoy your beers

Oh I know, just having a little fun.

Weekend push? I'm pretty sure this is not a maternity ward buddy. All the pushing should be done? If folks are waiting till the last minute what does that say about how they're gong to do the prep leading up to the actual event?

That implies that the decision isn't that close and numbers 4-14 can't sway your vote.

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

That implies that the decision isn't that close and numbers 4-14 can't sway your vote.
Nothing is set in stone till I hit send. That much I do know.

Last edited:
Got out today again during my lunch break and spent about 30 minutes on the practice green chipping and putting. As Ron said, it will come down to the short game. I want to have the confidence that I can get up and down from anywhere.

Got out today again during my lunch break and spent about 30 minutes on the practice green chipping and putting. As Ron said, it will come down to the short game. I want to have the confidence that I can get up and down from anywhere.

Nothing kills motivation and morale like being able to get up and down from anywhere. It is such a momentum killer. One minute you think you have the hole in hand, the next you halve or lose it. That almost always carries over to the next tee...

Looking forward to the reveal on captains picks. I know it can't be easy to be a captain right now, but this is exciting having groups of people ready to battle it out on the course; Settling who the better region is. (team DMV!!!!)

Thanks JB and everyone for putting this together.

Monday will be a great day!

Monday will be a great day!

I never really looked forward to them until after I became a THPer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope those that are in this thing for both sides have been paying attention. Two events down for 2016 and both were brought to the forum just like it needs to be done.

I hope those that are in this thing for both sides have been paying attention. Two events down for 2016 and both were brought to the forum just like it needs to be done.

All the kidding aside, this whole process has been a lot of fun. I, obviously, want get in but if I don't the experience has still been enjoyable and following during the event will be too, Go Team DMV! Now out to play today! 45 degrees in February is pretty special in northern Maryland.

All the kidding aside, this whole process has been a lot of fun. I, obviously, want get in but if I don't the experience has still been enjoyable and following during the event will be too, Go Team DMV! Now out to play today! 45 degrees in February is pretty special in northern Maryland.

Aren't you playing in Southern PA? :alien:

The question to you is:

I've seen a change in the way you interact in THP over the last month or so. If you're not selected will you revert back to your old ways? Not that it was a bad thing. But THP is a better place with you being active.

Aren't you playing in Southern PA? :alien:

Right on the borderand that is technically correct but I live in Maryland!

Man what a crazy couple days it's been.

Thought I had a deal done on a car Wedneaday only to find out on Thursday the scumbag sales manager flat out lied about few things. So had to start all over with a new dealer. Then yeaterday phone at work was crazy ringing wirh sales calls (a good thing).

But back to RR. Lots of intersting stuff going on here the past two days. It's kind of cool to see the mix of excitement, anxiety and nerves going around.

I know I've had all three of those at differnwt points. But it's been really cool to see borh regions come together and interact in here and have a good time.

But it it's important for everyone to remember this is just the "preseason" once the rosters are finalized, Monday or whenever, the real season begins. Just like the NFL, it will be a 5 month daily grind leading up to The Big Match.

It will be a blast if everyone picked or not, is along for the entire journey. I know I am either way.

The question to you is:

I've seen a change in the way you interact in THP over the last month or so. If you're not selected will you revert back to your old ways? Not that it was a bad thing. But THP is a better place with you being active.

I won't change. It took me long time to get into this ( joined in 2010 but not active at all until the end of 2014). I really enjoy the whole process. It was a little intimidating at first because everyone seemed to be friends and I felt like I was intruding but then I realized everyone was in the same spot until they get involved!

I agree that this has been a fun process, it's been fun interacting with others on this thread and carrying that over into the forum. Before, I was hesitant to get involved as much as I wanted to because I really didn't know anyone on here when I joined, but now I feel like I know some of you guys without even having met you yet. I think that is the best thing about THP and the THP events, creating a community of like minded people and making life long friends. If I'm picked or no,t I plan on staying involved in the RR thread to support the team and become even more engaged on THP as a whole. I look forward to meeting everyone someday...even the DMV guys!

I agree that this has been a fun process, it's been fun interacting with others on this thread and carrying that over into the forum. Before, I was hesitant to get involved as much as I wanted to because I really didn't know anyone on here when I joined, but now I feel like I know some of you guys without even having met you yet. I think that is the best thing about THP and the THP events, creating a community of like minded people and making life long friends. If I'm picked or no,t I plan on staying involved in the RR thread to support the team and become even more engaged on THP as a whole. I look forward to meeting everyone someday...even the DMV guys!
Good stuff brother. THP is what ever you want it to be. It's not always rainbows and unicorns. But it's pretty damn good. People are the common denominator to what makes all this so good.

2016 has been awesome already on THP. 10 guys including captains have been announced already in 3 regions for a unique rivalry event, the first THP event of the year was a blast to follow, two THPers got the experience of a lifetime yesterday visiting ust and getting a full fitting and shafts plus a new driver and to think next month two more get to visit the same OEM and a whole different experience and 8 more after them.

april is bringing Clubs Clash and Ben Hogan. May has Cure event in upstate NY and the Gauntlet. June brings two RRs and then this region is on deck. I'm happy and excited for those already selected to represent these two regions and Monday is only a couple days away but seems like it will take forever to get here.

being part of a THP event is amazing and filled with tons of goodness and bonding. I want to be part of this RR and form new binds and strengthen existing ones. I would love to beat The Carolinas but enjoying the journey with them would be just as rewarding. This event like so many others is more than just about winning. Thinking about the meet and greet on Friday, matchup announcements, range time on sat and the matches followed by the announcement of winners and MVP. Literally get goosebumps just thinking about it

Clutch and MizunoFan.

The comments you guys made about not feeling part of THP at first is something I think many of us also felt in the beginning.

But to the credit of everyone here, as you have found out. It's a very welcoming Community to anyone who is willing to reach out and join in the discussions.

Then when you play with Local THPers you get a real good feeling and want more of it.

Then your first Official THP event is like nothing you've ever experienced. Mizuno knows both these experiences

When I showed up at PGA National two years ago I handnt met a sole (except for Jman three hours earlier in the gate area of the ATL Airport)

But I left thst week with 40 some new friends and a lifetime memory.

I look forward to seeing the first timers expressions at THPRR when they have that moment.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back