Three new Apps to try - UrCaddy, Essential Golf Stats, and Get Real Golf Stats

PiratePenguin

2024 Goat Cup Team Brennan
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In my never-ending quest to find a better stat tracking app, I found three new ones to try tomorrow head-to-head. All of these feature more advanced tracking beyond the usual basics, including the one I've been hunting most - approach shot misses (every app tracks fairways, but very few give you the option to track green misses and hits beyond just basic GIR). All of these seem to give the type of data that would work well for analyzing your game if you are a fan of the Strokes Gained approach espoused in the book "Every Shot Counts" or are just a plain stats nut.

UrCaddy: http://www.urcaddy.com

Cost of $29.95 per year for the following: http://www.urcaddy.com/features.html

Essential Golf Stats: http://e-golfstats.com/

Cost of only $1.99, developed by an instructor in Alabama it looks like. Most basic interface, but cheap, and looks like it tracks a ton of great stats. Some great putting stats in this one, which I'm very interested in.

Get Real Golf Stats: http://www.getrealgolfstats.com

Maybe the most polished and complete of the three, with up to 200 stats available. Pricing and features vary from free up to $99 per year with options in between.

Anyone have experience with any of these to share? I plan to run all three tomorrow and report back on how they perform.

Good information. Is any of the data transferable where you can export it or are you confined to using their reports within the app?

Thanks for the heads up on these apps. It just keeps getting better and better.

I've used the GRGS and have liked the web interface so far. I have to do it right after my round in order to remember where the shots landed!

Good information. Is any of the data transferable where you can export it or are you confined to using their reports within the app?

They all have a website, though e-golfstats is still under development, but they all seem to have exportable stats - email, excel - maybe not all three, but there's a lot of information there to keep straight between which does what.

I have been using the free version of Golf Pad. .works pretty well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Essential Golf Stats web interface is still under construction. The iDevice App (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/essential-golf-stats/id642659938?ls=1&mt=8) is fully functional and free to use. Right now it is $0.99 to upgrade to allow email and printing of stats, turns off ads and allows review multiple rounds at a time.

For more information please check us out at www.e-golfstats.com. I am always looking for feedback, comments, and things statistics that are missing so please feel free to contact us via the app, on here, our through our blog.

Chris
Essential Golf Stats

Essential Golf Stats web interface is still under construction. The iDevice App (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/essential-golf-stats/id642659938?ls=1&mt=8) is fully functional and free to use. Right now it is $0.99 to upgrade to allow email and printing of stats, turns off ads and allows review multiple rounds at a time.

For more information please check us out at www.e-golfstats.com. I am always looking for feedback, comments, and things statistics that are missing so please feel free to contact us via the app, on here, our through our blog.

Chris
Essential Golf Stats

Chris,

Thanks for the post and info. I went in to do the upgrade today and I guess it was back to $1.99 now, but that's ok - I did it anyway. I love what y'all are trying to do and am happy to support.

So I promised some feedback and it took me almost a week to have time, but here goes:

(Only one round entered so far (will make it two tomorrow) so I can't do trends yet.)

UrCaddy: Complete and utter fail - opening it I keep getting a "Cannot connect to UrCaddy servers. Continue offline or try again?" No matter what I click that same error keeps popping up. I couldn't even get the first hole entered before I just shut it off and deleted the app. (iPhone 5s on updated iOS7). Looked promising, but if it can't work it won't work...

e-golfstats: Interface took me some getting used to, but after a few holes entered I was able to enter a hole in seconds - maybe 30 total per hole. It is simple and no fancy graphics, just the bare bones necessary to get the job done, but that's what you would expect for a free/<$2 app. Nothing wrong with that. The point is the end result stats, not a pretty picture on the front end. Lipstick on a pig that doesn't work is pointless. This one works. The statistics after the round are plentiful and helpful. Some screenshots are below. Weakness: only tracks distance, not club used - while this may make some sense in that depending on conditions you may use different clubs from the same yardage, it may bother those who prefer to know what the do with just their 8 iron in hand vs knowing just results from a distance.

Get Real Golf Stats: This is the most polished and "fancy" of the bunch, but also the most expensive. The interface is very smooth and easy to follow with a nice look and feel. This app has the added feature of tracking results by club. Most stats are the same between this one and e-golfstats, though the presentation is, as expected, more polished in GRGS. Screenshots below.

I will be giving both apps another head to head run tomorrow. I've already upgraded EGS to the full version. I still have another few weeks free on the Platinum full-version of GRGS. Happy to answer any questions.

E-golfstats report shots:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399046379.803810.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399046387.454216.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399046393.804574.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399046400.025464.jpg

GRGS screenies:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399046416.489703.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399046423.856940.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399046430.074065.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399046436.191231.jpg

Chris
Essential Golf Stats

Any plans for an Android app?

Android EGS

Android EGS

Any plans for an Android app?

We are working on getting the web site fully integrated into the experience for both the individual golfer and for instructors and coaches to provide detailed reports and trending of rounds. We expect to complete that this summer. Following that we will be working on an Android version of the app that may be out in the Fall if things go as planned.

Chris

We appreciate your comments on EGS. We are currently working on the club hit for each shot as an option for users that want it. Not sure the release date for that at this time.

We appreciate your comments on EGS. We are currently working on the club hit for each shot as an option for users that want it. Not sure the release date for that at this time.

Cool. My only other big suggestion right now would be to add the four angle quadrants for green misses: long-right, long-left, short-right, short-left instead of just the four compass points only. I never know to count a shot as short or left when it is both...

Cool. My only other big suggestion right now would be to add the four angle quadrants for green misses: long-right, long-left, short-right, short-left instead of just the four compass points only. I never know to count a shot as short or left when it is both...

Version 3.6.2 is in review by apple and it brings this data entry into the app.

Back