Tip Trim for R11 Adapter

bama

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
I have read a lot of posts on the internet that have differing opinions of tip trimming when adding an adapter.

I used to play a Prolaunch Blue 65R in my old FT-5, 10°
It gave me my desired trajectory and so forth.

I have since picked up an R11, 10.5°. I have ordered another Prolaunch Blue and adapter.

I believe the R11 plays a little heavier with the included weights..(even heavier if you grab some of the aftermarket heavier weights)
The adapter also adds some length to the total.

My question is that even though the OEM website says to only butt trim as necessary, I would think that a .5" tip trim would help get the shaft stiffness where I want it since the length has gone up as well as the weight.....

comments?? thx

Bama

Mark, I'm not an expert on shafts... but I'm wondering if it's because of the way that the shafts are made, that it would be recommended to trim the butts. It could be how the material is wound up (being fibers in resin, and not woven) that it will loose it's structural integrity from being trimmed at the bottom.
Technically speaking, trimming the bottom will stiffen it up a bit, but the shaft experts will have to let you know if it's safe or not.

Back