Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

According to the Cobra shaft chart the Phenom 60 and Prolaunch Blue are in the same realm.
I think the Diamana S+ or Kai'Li would be close enough that you wouldn't notice a huge difference...maybe a little lower launching than the White Tie.

Thanks bud - will have to keep an eye open for these around with 9xx tips on them. The other one I was thinking of is the Kusala White (like the one you have) or the Kusala Blue, but those would likely be more expensive, not less than the White Tie.

Still need to make sure Dustin is set on this trade though before I go buying more shafts for it.

Aaaand 1st look at eBay and I find a 913d2 w/ PL blue for $140 shipped and numerous PL Blues tipped for Titleist for $85. Crap, that was too easy hahaha

After 915 is released prices will drop even more I'm sure.

After 915 is released prices will drop even more I'm sure.

Yeah, I'll probably be holding out till then. Besides, I need some of my stuff to sell first before I can justify it.

So, can anyone enlighten me as to how different the 910d2 and 913d2 are? I've found both heads on eBay with shafts I've been looking for (s+ and RIP phenom), but I wonder if it's worth it to spring for the $30 extra (on average) for a 913 head, since they tend to be in nicer shape. I also really like the 910 head, and if the 913 is a lot different I'd be concerned about not liking it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

So, can anyone enlighten me as to how different the 910d2 and 913d2 are? I've found both heads on eBay with shafts I've been looking for (s+ and RIP phenom), but I wonder if it's worth it to spring for the $30 extra (on average) for a 913 head, since they tend to be in nicer shape. I also really like the 910 head, and if the 913 is a lot different I'd be concerned about not liking it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
IIRC, according to Titleist, the advances were incremental but they definitely tweaked the 913 to improve on an already great driver in the 910. If you love the 910, I believe you'd love the 913 just as much if not more.

The 913d2 will launch and spin a bit lower than the 910d2 if a robot were hitting both.
The 913d2 launch and spin the same as the 910d3.

I think you'd see a small benefit using the 913 Ryan.

Thanks guys - I'll try and spring for a 913 if the price is right then. I've never had an issue getting the ball up in the air, and I've been hitting a 910 9.5* with an 'ahina lately. I imagine switching to an S+ alone will make up for the slightly lower launching head.

While I am gaming the G30 at the moment, I am still a huge fan of the 910 line. I keep my D2 around and any time I take it out I remember why I don't get rid of it. It has seen better days and I have been wanting to pick up another head to keep around... So last night I go into my local Golfsmith and find a 910 D3 Tour issue (XXTTX) with the RIP 70 in regular on the used rack.. for $54!!! I obviously couldn't pass it up, I'm thinking someone had to have screwed up as it is in excellent shape. I don't play a Reg but I was surprised at how accurate I was on the simulator and still carrying 250 with rollout to 277 on a few. Granted, it's a simulator, but I love the sound and feel of both of these 910 heads. Still one of the best drivers out there even in comparison to the newer stuff.

I love mine as well! feels great off the face, and i love the sound! Titleist makes some dang good drivers

Hitting the new 915d2 just makes me appreciate the sound of 'old faithful' (910D2) even more. Perfection in the sound/feel department for sure.

I fell in love with that sound - tried one, bought one, and still play one, very forgiving when I miss the sweet spot too

I purchased a demo model of the D2 with Ahina shaft today. I've only ever played my MacGregor Tourney driver thus far (and I love that thing).

I paid $110, with 4 free rounds of golf thrown in.

My MacGregor sounded like a shotgun blast every single time I made contact. I was so embarrassed to use it initially, but got used to it.

I hit the D2 today, and the sound was so hard to get used to initially.
My old driver also had a 'R' flex, and I'd been fitted for a 'S'...That was the biggest difference I noticed on the range today. I felt like I had way more control with it.

My range is kind of short. A 300 yarder will hit the HWY behind the range. I'm hitting about 290 max with a full swing (with good contact)...But that's close enough that I can't take a full swing there.

I can't wait to game it. I bought the 910H on a Tuesday. LOVE that thing already. Never felt a club like that.

Back