Titleist Trial Sets

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
Have you guys seen this? I noticed it at my local shop today. Didn't realize Titleist started doing this. Just check them out and go play/practice. Not sure if there's a time limit or whatever, but still pretty cool.

https://www.titleist.com/fitting/golf-club-fitting/golf-club-trial

"First, visit a Titleist trial set partner location and look for the bag display in the golf shop. Trial sets are*an easy way for you to experience Titleist clubs on the golf course or the practice tee.

Next, work with the golf shop staff to check out your trial clubs for use at that location. You may only want one club, or you may want the full set...it's up to you!

Once you've completed your round or practice session,*simply return the clubs to the golf shop. The complimentary trial program helps you compare different models, dial in specific yardage gaps, and determine the right Titleist equipment for your game."

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't fully understand how this is different than any pro-shop demo/trial stuff other than out here, they only seem to be available at private clubs.

704e1fb75ca20ca7c6ae1f5bb846bef4.jpg

My home course is on this list, I’ll see if they are participating in this program.

I think that this is a great idea for Titleist to become more inclusive as a brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't fully understand how this is different than any pro-shop demo/trial stuff other than out here, they only seem to be available at private clubs.
Well my shop, which is only a driving range and golf shop, will let you take the bag/clubs to play golf elsewhere and return it later. You don't have to just stay on the grounds. And you get to see the actual performance on the course . And there is no fee. I thought that was pretty nifty.

Well my shop, which is only a driving range and golf shop, will let you take the bag/clubs to play golf elsewhere and return it later. You don't have to just stay on the grounds. And you get to see the actual performance on the course . And there is no fee. I thought that was pretty nifty.

That is pretty cool. But again, out here only private clubs. Seems like they're banking on people NOT taking them with them, as most members of these clubs store their bags.

That is pretty cool. But again, out here only private clubs. Seems like they're banking on people NOT taking them with them, as most members of these clubs store their bags.
Possibly. Or they haven't rolled out the bags to more places just yet. I know these were just delivered in the past few weeks. So never know where they'll pop up.

Bears best does it here in Atlanta and they’re certainly public. They’ve done it for quite a few years now though. Don’t think this is a new program. Either way, it’s a great way to just go try some new clubs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not here. The city courses (at least the one I frequent most often) are listed. Are these for irons only or a truly full set?

One of the public courses by me has it, I never considered playing there but it would be cool to try a new/different set

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not here. The city courses (at least the one I frequent most often) are listed. Are these for irons only or a truly full set?
Fill bag of clubs. There's actually 3 different ones which you can mix/match

Fill bag of clubs. There's actually 3 different ones which you can mix/match

Nice. I'll have to check it out. This would be the exact opposite experiment that I've been tossing around. I'm thinking of getting a full set of 70's/80's era clubs and playing it to see how good/bad I score with it. I'm secretly afraid I'll score better and then I'll never be able to justify buying new clubs again.

Nice. I'll have to check it out. This would be the exact opposite experiment that I've been tossing around. I'm thinking of getting a full set of 70's/80's era clubs and playing it to see how good/bad I score with it. I'm secretly afraid I'll score better and then I'll never be able to justify buying new clubs again.
That'd be interesting. Persimmon woods!

That'd be interesting. Persimmon woods!

Yeah, maybe some old wooden woods. I just about picked up a set of 3w/5w and 3-PW in an old Taylormade set just now for $10 + shipping on eBay. I don't wanna be in this experiment for much and someone outbid me by $0.50 at the end. Oh, well. No rush.

Is this different then the trial sets they’ve had available for about 2 years now?

Is this different then the trial sets they’ve had available for about 2 years now?
No idea. I hadn't seen them before today.

They started doing this in Canada about 4 years now. Believe it was around the time of the 716 iron release.

Basically it was just an fully equipped standard demo option outside of fitting cart stuff. Allowed us to allow someone play a full set of irons or a driver for multiple days without worrying about fittings in between.

That is a fantastic marketing strategy IMO!

Back