Titleist TS4 Driver

golfinnut;n8900582 said:
What kind of numbers were you seeing? Other than ball speed? That much better than the TS3

I don't remember the distance numbers and I was not hitting it particularly well that day but I know the ball speed was consistently better with TS4. The dispersion and ball flight for me were better as well. And I was using the exact same shaft for both.

I took my new TS4 to the course Friday for it's maiden voyage. I was impressed. I was playing a course I don't need to hit driver much but I hit it on 7 holes and only 2 of those on the front nine. The first one was pulled left on a hole where anything on the left side is an automatic punch out layup. I was still a little further than the last time I did the same thing with my old TS3. The next one was a drop kicked duck hook left. Not the drivers fault there. Starting on #10 I found the groove with the TS4. I hit a slightly thin but great "miss" that was right down the middle 285 yards and just rolled into the rough as the fairway really narrows near the green. It lead to a great birdie look. The next one was an absolute bomb. I got waived up by a foursome that I caught and hit maybe my best ever drive on that hole, a par 5 that is up hill until about 275 and then way down hill. I cleared the top of the hill and it went about 340 right in the middle of the fairway. The next one was 296 with almost no roll out in the fairway. The one after that was 287 to the perfect spot in the fairway and it was the most impressive of the bunch. It is a tight dogleg right but was also into a pretty stiff wind. I started it at the corner and had about 5 yards of fade to land it right in the fairway just 60 yards from the green. Then after 4 great drives in a row I tried to really kill the last one on 18 and miss hit it. But I was very encouraged. Can't wait till the next round now.

wluker17;n8903481 said:
I took my new TS4 to the course Friday for it's maiden voyage. I was impressed. I was playing a course I don't need to hit driver much but I hit it on 7 holes and only 2 of those on the front nine. The first one was pulled left on a hole where anything on the left side is an automatic punch out layup. I was still a little further than the last time I did the same thing with my old TS3. The next one was a drop kicked duck hook left. Not the drivers fault there. Starting on #10 I found the groove with the TS4. I hit a slightly thin but great "miss" that was right down the middle 285 yards and just rolled into the rough as the fairway really narrows near the green. It lead to a great birdie look. The next one was an absolute bomb. I got waived up by a foursome that I caught and hit maybe my best ever drive on that hole, a par 5 that is up hill until about 275 and then way down hill. I cleared the top of the hill and it went about 340 right in the middle of the fairway. The next one was 296 with almost no roll out in the fairway. The one after that was 287 to the perfect spot in the fairway and it was the most impressive of the bunch. It is a tight dogleg right but was also into a pretty stiff wind. I started it at the corner and had about 5 yards of fade to land it right in the fairway just 60 yards from the green. Then after 4 great drives in a row I tried to really kill the last one on 18 and miss hit it. But I was very encouraged. Can't wait till the next round now.

Sounds like a great maiden voyage. Gettin in the groove & hitting absolute bombs!

I got bored this morning sitting in my hotel room so I headed out to the local Hawaii Roger Dunn to try out some drivers. I hit the TS4 a couple weeks ago and had trouble getting enough spin on it. My swing wasn't exactly choice that day though. Well today, I started out hitting a TS3 and the spin numbers were a little on the high side so I grabbed the TS4. 9.5* with a HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 6.5... friggin bomber! I had a couple that the spin was a little low, but they still got out there. It now has me thinking I might want one.
efbb595b3bf5d3bebc28350e51dba8c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back