I couldn't get away to hit HZRDUS Black/TSR2 goodness today 😭

Will get there either tomorrow or Thursday though and I will have thoughts I am sure 😍

My local course had its short course closed the evening so I rolled out to the range. Bouncing around between 285-300 with a 310 mixed in. Nice 70s fall day. I tell ya though the TSR sound is so distinct when I hear it versus other drivers out there. I definitely notice a few heads go up different times thinking what is that but they don’t ask. I just get amused at the totally horrible drives that end up looking fantastic when I semi top or get under it.

Thank you to Titleist for the replacement head.

46A5F382-55B7-4AB6-9DC0-FF3425941255.jpeg

We are back in business!

I ordered my 11* Tsr2 driver on the weekend . driver is set for next season.

Tested every combo and shaft under the sun last night. They had a cancellation so i got a double block of time. He was swapping out heads without telling me which was which and one continually performed significantly better than the rest. I was totally surprised with the result but the data was clear. All said and done I ended up with this setup and its already on order.

1667496772660.png

My TSR2 driver is quickly becoming the most reliable driver I have gamed in a long time. Aim at a target. Align to the target. Make anything resembling a coordinated golf swing and the balls rocket towards my target. It’s just so essy!

My last round out was the worst outing I've had so far with the TSR3, but not in a terrible way. I kept missing to the right which normally would be a problem. However, the reason I kept missing right was I was compensating for my normal hook and just could not trust myself to aim down the middle. The couple of times I did trust it the ball ended up right in the middle. I guess I need to make an adjustment for my tee game going forward.

20221104_105948.jpg

This is part of why I play the drivers I do. That pattern ^ can get a little spooky for a draw guy that doesn't generate a ton of spin with some heads. This one, similarly to the TSi3 before it, just flies them high, and long, with roll. It's a bomby miss instead of a nail biter. (y)

View attachment 9133288

This is part of why I play the drivers I do. That pattern ^ can get a little spooky for a draw guy that doesn't generate a ton of spin with some heads. This one, similarly to the TSi3 before it, just flies them high, and long, with roll. It's a bomby miss instead of a nail biter. (y)

My pattern on my TSR3 looks a little more sporadic than that. Still gets me in play just about every time tho! And when I do hit that center it launches rockets 🚀

I haven't been able to play for going on two weeks now, thanks to a medical procedure / test. Looking forward to TRYING to play this weekend, as the weather allows. I also have two new TSr2 FWs to break in along with my TSr2 driver. Can't wait!

i had a lesson earlier this week. my swing is not in a great spot. we hit driver at the end, and my instructor and i both marveled at how insanely consistent the tsr3 was for me, despite the contact being all over the face. the flight was basically identical for every single shot. he said he'll be ordering one soon!

Only got about 10 balls or so in with the HZRDUS 4G Black 60 6.0 (set it at D4) but after a few tentative swings that resulted in low fades (likely trying to take a "smooth" swing rather than an aggressive one, being used to the softer Tensei Blue), this happened (below pic). And then it happened a couple more times. Dead nuts straight bombs. I did toe hook one but it was much less painful than they usually are. And I caught a few high on the face but they just went a little higher and still had low 150's ball speed. And oh by the way, they were ALSO dead straight. Looking promising that dispersion could be way better with this setup and I'm certainly not giving up any speed... But stay tuned! Out of town a few days and then it will be too dark for range time after work next week, but I plan to get out next weekend and we'll see how she goes.

PXL_20221103_215741507.jpg

Only got about 10 balls or so in with the HZRDUS 4G Black 60 6.0 (set it at D4) but after a few tentative swings that resulted in low fades (likely trying to take a "smooth" swing rather than an aggressive one, being used to the softer Tensei Blue), this happened (below pic). And then it happened a couple more times. Dead nuts straight bombs. I did toe hook one but it was much less painful than they usually are. And I caught a few high on the face but they just went a little higher and still had low 150's ball speed. And oh by the way, they were ALSO dead straight. Looking promising that dispersion could be way better with this setup and I'm certainly not giving up any speed... But stay tuned! Out of town a few days and then it will be too dark for range time after work next week, but I plan to get out next weekend and we'll see how she goes.

View attachment 9133364

Looks like you're borderline X flex my man.....

i had a lesson earlier this week. my swing is not in a great spot. we hit driver at the end, and my instructor and i both marveled at how insanely consistent the tsr3 was for me, despite the contact being all over the face. the flight was basically identical for every single shot. he said he'll be ordering one soon!

View attachment 9133364
Dude!!! When the hell did you start cracking the 160s?!?! Siiiiick!

In other news...I found a Kusala White with a Titleist tip up in the attic. We are doing this, at least once haha.

Looks like you're borderline X flex my man.....

Yeah my coach saw they put me in Tensei Blue 55 stiff and was like "yeah that's not gonna work" 😆 But in the Titleist fitter's defense, I have picked up speed since then due to swing work with said coach.

I have tried a few X flex shafts but they never seem to work right for me. I like to feel some response from the shaft at transition, and since I'm at the low end of X, I don't get that and they subsequently feel super stiff to me.

If I continue to pick up speed I may have to take another look but for now, the lower torque/launch S flexes seem to be the ticket.

Dude!!! When the hell did you start cracking the 160s?!?! Siiiiick!

Haha thanks man! It's only been this year. Lessons have helped for sure. I'm finally getting rid of the arm swing... And the ball speed monster TSR2 is certainly helping also!!

Last edited:
In other news...I found a Kusala White with a Titleist tip up in the attic. We are doing this, at least once haha.

Oh man Miyazaki!! Good stuff!! It has been a LONG time since I've seen their stuff.

Last edited:
I was fit for the TSR2 with a Diamana PD shaft at True Spec. Titleist was not on my radar... But now I have decisions to make. 😬

Here are the numbers of my gamer and the TSR2 and Diamana PD shaft. I think it's a winner....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221105-075938_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20221105-075938_Drive.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 35
Here are the numbers of my gamer and the TSR2 and Diamana PD shaft. I think it's a winner....
🤯 Amazing! Same shaft in both? Same loft?

holy crap. iirc you were gaming g400 last time we played?

holy crap. iirc you were gaming g400 last time we played?
Correct. G400 with a Diamana kaili x shaft.

The specs are completely different with the TSR. Lighter and different flex of shaft. Different swing weight.

The fitting was definitely like anything I've had before. And there was a few mini lessons as well. But the education was fantastic. And the outcome is pretty great as well.

Funny enough.... The TSR fairway didn't work for me.

Back