Got out yesterday to the range. Wasn’t hitting any club particularly well yesterday (Serious understatement. I was having very off ball striking day.) but from what I was seeing 80% of the drives would have been a playable position. I think right now I just have to simply things. Or (SES) swing easy stupid.

You guys are lucky that have been able to swing as much as you have been. From the garbage weather and being under the weather, I feel like it’s been 2 weeks since I’ve hit any of my clubs.

You guys are lucky that have been able to swing as much as you have been. From the garbage weather and being under the weather, I feel like it’s been 2 weeks since I’ve hit any of my clubs.

Been about a week and a half for me too man. All self inflicted though in my case, too much travel in the past week and a half. Will be hitting again likely Tuesday for sim league though. Will be increasing loft a bit (currently at B1, will take it to C4 +0.75*), increasing tee height a bit, and going a little farther forward in the stance to try and increase launch a bit to better use this copious ball speed the TSR2 is giving me.

Loving the positive vibes in this thread..... I have no desire to even hit or look at another...
TSR2 with HZRDUS BLUE RDX SMOKE has been the most consistent driver I've used in the past 15-20yrs
Intoxicating sound and awesome looks
Nothing else needed....except to play more!!

As a new, proud owners of this amazing driver, I co-sign this message. Coming from playing the SIM2 previously, this TSR3 has been light years better, for me, in terms of consistency without sacrificing any distance. The misses that I’ve seen on our wet Pacific Northwest courses have all been playable. I could not say the same thing for my previous driver. While we had some great times, we also had some absolutely atrocious times too….so many lost balls when my swing was just not there. So far, this has not been the case with the TSR3. Also, the sound and feel of this driver is intoxicating and makes me want to pull it on every hole that isn’t a par 3….the confidence that this thing inspires in me is unreal. Looking forward to some better weather and even better times with this club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone hit the TSR2 against the Callaway Paradym? This one is really intriguing to me.

I got a chance to see and hit the Paradym yesterday at PGATSS. It wasn't optimized as they didn't have the correct loft for me so I hit the 9 degree (as opposed to the 10.5) with the stock Project Silver shaft. The guy at the store said both of their 10.5 driver heads broke (!!??). I hit the 9 degree reasonably well but need to try the correct loft and a different shaft. Numbers were similar to my TSR2 - I liked how it looked. My club is having a demo day in a couple of weeks so I will try it again then with different shafts. I was in a hitting bay but it is a lot louder than the TSR2 or the Rogue ST MAX LS. Unless the numbers with a different loft and/or shaft are much better than my TSR, I'm likely going to stick with my TSR2.

I also compared the Paradym 15 and 16.5 fairway, TSR2 15/16.5 fairway to my Stealth Plus 3 wood. I went in thinking that I might get a 16.5 degree TSR but had no problems with either 3 wood (I can hit 3 wood off the deck without a problem), which also went about 10 years longer than the 16.5 versions (carry and total). TSR and Stealth gave me about the same numbers, but the Paradym was longer and easier to hit. I left my backup 3 wood shaft (GD AD IZ) to get the tip changed to a Cally tip and ordered the Paradym 3 wood.

As a new, proud owners of this amazing driver, I co-sign this message. Coming from playing the SIM2 previously, this TSR3 has been light years better, for me, in terms of consistency without sacrificing any distance. The misses that I’ve seen on our wet Pacific Northwest courses have all been playable. I could not say the same thing for my previous driver. While we had some great times, we also had some absolutely atrocious times too….so many lost balls when my swing was just not there. So far, this has not been the case with the TSR3. Also, the sound and feel of this driver is intoxicating and makes me want to pull it on every hole that isn’t a par 3….the confidence that this thing inspires in me is unreal. Looking forward to some better weather and even better times with this club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s exactly what I’ve been saying about the miss hits, very much playable compared to my last driver. The “ring” they put behind the face with the fine tuning of the movable weight is really something.

Loving the positive vibes in this thread..... I have no desire to even hit or look at another...
TSR2 with HZRDUS BLUE RDX SMOKE has been the most consistent driver I've used in the past 15-20yrs

Agree on the consistency for sure! The ball speed consistency across the face is silly and I'm the least prone to big pulls with this setup of any I've gamed.

I love reading this stuff. I know people love to jump to new stuff immediately and trust me I get it but there’s something to be said for finding consistency. Don’t get me wrong I embrace any new equipment and reviewing from experiences if selected but I love knowing I have equipment I can count on. When Titleist asked me if the clubs would stay in the bag for awhile I was like absolutely. My 3 wood has been arguably my best club but driver has been really good too. If my wedge game (Real head scratcher as that use to be my jam) would come together this year some real special times are ahead. The problem for me is I’m hitting such good long drives it’s been a lot of wedges. Very unfortunate cycle there lol.

I love reading this stuff. I know people love to jump to new stuff immediately and trust me I get it but there’s something to be said for finding consistency. Don’t get me wrong I embrace any new equipment and reviewing from experiences if selected but I love knowing I have equipment I can count on. When Titleist asked me if the clubs would stay in the bag for awhile I was like absolutely. My 3 wood has been arguably my best club but driver has been really good too. If my wedge game (Real head scratcher as that use to be my jam) would come together this year some real special times are ahead. The problem for me is I’m hitting such good long drives it’s been a lot of wedges. Very unfortunate cycle there lol.

My partial wedges have been getting a big workout since last season for the same reason... Luckily Titleist helped me out on that front too :love:

My partial wedges have been getting a big workout since last season for the same reason... Luckily Titleist helped me out on that front too :love:

Yeah I’m breaking in some new Scottys right now. That’s been going well. Just wedge game hasn’t been there. But hey it’s not even really golf season yet so no reason to get worked up about it. Right now my drives have pretty good which honestly that’s all I need for when the golf league starts in March. Just have to reward my TSR3 with some good scoring. I feel like I put everything together at one of those events I could take one of them. I want that experience also because I need competitive tourneys especially since I couldn’t do last year with my TSRs.

I’m prone to swapping drivers (FOMO disease lol), but since getting my TSR2 driver/FW, I have had no thoughts at all about switching clubs. They work so well for my game that it would be silly to take them out of my bag.

Yeah I’m breaking in some new Scottys right now. That’s been going well. Just wedge game hasn’t been there. But hey it’s not even really golf season yet so no reason to get worked up about it. Right now my drives have pretty good which honestly that’s all I need for when the golf league starts in March. Just have to reward my TSR3 with some good scoring. I feel like I put everything together at one of those events I could take one of them. I want that experience also because I need competitive tourneys especially since I couldn’t do last year with my TSRs.

Scotty mmmm

I'm expecting my new TSR2 with the exact same shaft in about a week. Can't wait to hit it

I'm expecting my new TSR2 with the exact same shaft in about a week. Can't wait to hit it

I hit it in stock tensei blue and Speeder NX 50 with moderate results.....had really never tried HZRDUS before but the smoke blue rdx is MAGIC for my swing!!! Enjoy and give feedback when available

We’re gonna need a full review once you get some time in. I hear nothing but good things from the TSR2. I love my TSR3. I would take something really special to have me take it out of bag.

We’re gonna need a full review once you get some time in. I hear nothing but good things from the TSR2. I love my TSR3. I would take something really special to have me take it out of bag.
Yep you can definitely count on that

Got some quick range time in tonight under heaters. The rest of this week is gonna be freezing. Pretty on center tonight. Most misses were more toward the toe which is fine since these misses generally just off the fairway or fringe. Noticed a bit higher shots tonight than normal which took some distance off but overall not particularly alarming. Honestly between range sessions and hitting the weights hard lately a few off days range wise this week probably wouldn’t hurt. No need to overload on the off season.

I’m thinking I really need to add the tsr’s to my list of potential 2023 drivers. I had good result with both the tsi4 amd tsi3 in 2021.

@Jman has your tsr4 had a crack at the Paradym yet?

I did a Titleist fitting yesterday. I was still fit into the 2, but my speed was 1mph more and spin dropped pretty dramatically giving me more carry and more roll. Best total gain was 18 yards. We even hit with my old shaft and grip with same specs 10* A2 setting to compare heads. Also hit some of the new stuff and a T200 with lighter recoils.

I did a Titleist fitting yesterday. I was still fit into the 2, but my speed was 1mph more and spin dropped pretty dramatically giving me more carry and more roll. Best total gain was 18 yards. We even hit with my old shaft and grip with same specs 10* A2 setting to compare heads. Also hit some of the new stuff and a T200 with lighter recoils.

It’s crazy the gains you see. I gained 20-25 off my TSR3. What is your current driver that your out gained by 18?

It’s wild to see everyone’s distance gains utilizing different parameters: you gained 18 yds. due to less spin, and I gained 18-21 yds. getting much more spin! lol I haven’t demoed any Titleist irons yet, but I might just have to give them a try.

Managed to get in one more range session before a forced one week break (pre-cancerous mole removed from my back). I do believe D4 will be my driver setting going forward: even though I’m getting a bit more ball height, I am gaining more distance than standard A1 setting. The true test will be on the course as soon as these stitches come out of my back.

Just left golf galaxy. Was just looking around and before I knew it the guys there had me hitting the TSR2 with Ventura’s black 6x and I was lowering my spin so much I was hitting it way further than I normally do.

Ram to my car and for my driver (PXG Proto, with Fuji speeder 661 IV) and was getting 20-25 yards more distance. I hit my combo high and with too much spin. Lowered my flight and corrected my spin. I asked how much. $950. Damn a ram. No way.

What’s the next best option?

Just left golf galaxy. Was just looking around and before I knew it the guys there had me hitting the TSR2 with Ventura’s black 6x and I was lowering my spin so much I was hitting it way further than I normally do.

Ram to my car and for my driver (PXG Proto, with Fuji speeder 661 IV) and was getting 20-25 yards more distance. I hit my combo high and with too much spin. Lowered my flight and corrected my spin. I asked how much. $950. Damn a ram. No way.

What’s the next best option?

That’s the shaft I have in my 3. It’s giving me the fastest ball speed and best dispersion.

The stock Tensei 1K I thought was similar but just not as good. A lot of people I think like the Raw White too.

Back