TM Rescue 11 Vs. Mashie M3

MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
alright, I'm having a dilemma between these two utility clubs. what I like about the TM Rescue 11 are the white crown and ability for adjustment. my old gear is also TM so I'm quite comfortable with the TM brand. for the Mashie M3, I've heard really good reviews and it has the Miyazaki shaft. also, why is there a 2.5 degree between the two clubs? aren't they both suppose to replace a 3i? I'm not really sure what the loft of a 3 degree is so I have no idea which one will be more appropriate for me. any help is appreciated or if there's any I forgot to add to help me make a decision, please post here so I can address it.

Thanks.

Like you I use taylormade clubs, I love my R11 Hybrid. I have a 4h and like you I have a Burner 3 & 5 wood. i would get a R11 hybrid. Its the best hybrid in the market, but what ever you feel right to you is all that matters

Have you checked the Rescue 11 and Mashie tester threads? There are thousands of posts on this very topic.

Have you checked the Rescue 11 and Mashie tester threads? There are thousands of posts on this very topic.

Agreed....

To answer your loft question, check the Specs on the burner you have. However, a lot of times the same loft in hybrid willbe longer than your iron that it is intended to replace. Best to get on a sim or monitor to confirm distance gap. But again, a lot of info in those threads.

highly debateable....

Like you I use taylormade clubs, I love my R11 Hybrid. I have a 4h and like you I have a Burner 3 & 5 wood. i would get a R11 hybrid. Its the best hybrid in the market, but what ever you feel right to you is all that matters

I've tested both in my search for a new hybrid, and here are my thoughts:

TaylorMade Rescue '11: I found the white finish to be helpful in alignment in deep rough, but slightly distracting in the fairway and off the tee. It was about a club length longer than the Mashie off the fairway (when struck well) and off the tee. It was harder to hit out of the rough, but distance was pretty much the same. Ball flight was a nice mid-high. The only downside is that this hybrid was less forgiving. Mishits off the heel often caused a draw, and those off the toe felt harsh and there was quite a bit of distance lost. But when hit right, the feel was a great solid thump. I would say this hybrid is for better players, or those with a consistent swing.

Cleveland Mashie: The raw finish wasn't a distraction, but I didn't find it that visually pleasing either. It was fairly average distance, but one of the most consistent I've ever seen. It was also stellar out of the rough. The sole cut through all but the deepest rough easily, and the ball flew fairly far with a piercing trajectory, and rolled a little bit more as well. Off the fairway and tee, this hybrid was one of the best I've ever used. Not the longest, but probably the best ball flight. The flight was high, and it landed softly with little rollout. Mishits didn't lose as much distance as the TaylorMade, and still flew fairly straight. The feel was really soft, and mishits weren't too harsh, but still noticeable. I definitely preferred this one over the TM.

Hope this helps!

P.S. THP reviewed both of these hybrids. Here you go:
TaylorMade Rescue '11: http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=13055
Cleveland Mashie: http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=11286

yeah, I've been reading on and off. just wanted to get some answers that have tried both and what they like best and the reason behind it.

I've tested both in my search for a new hybrid, and here are my thoughts:

TaylorMade Rescue '11: I found the white finish to be helpful in alignment in deep rough, but slightly distracting in the fairway and off the tee. It was about a club length longer than the Mashie off the fairway (when struck well) and off the tee. It was harder to hit out of the rough, but distance was pretty much the same. Ball flight was a nice mid-high. The only downside is that this hybrid was less forgiving. Mishits off the heel often caused a draw, and those off the toe felt harsh and there was quite a bit of distance lost. But when hit right, the feel was a great solid thump. I would say this hybrid is for better players, or those with a consistent swing.

Cleveland Mashie: The raw finish wasn't a distraction, but I didn't find it that visually pleasing either. It was fairly average distance, but one of the most consistent I've ever seen. It was also stellar out of the rough. The sole cut through all but the deepest rough easily, and the ball flew fairly far with a piercing trajectory, and rolled a little bit more as well. Off the fairway and tee, this hybrid was one of the best I've ever used. Not the longest, but probably the best ball flight. The flight was high, and it landed softly with little rollout. Mishits didn't lose as much distance as the TaylorMade, and still flew fairly straight. The feel was really soft, and mishits weren't too harsh, but still noticeable. I definitely preferred this one over the TM.

Hope this helps!

P.S. THP reviewed both of these hybrids. Here you go:
TaylorMade Rescue '11: http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=13055
Cleveland Mashie: http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=11286
Thanks. this is exactly what I'm looking for. :D

the Mashie's are on sale at Dick's. 2 for $199. as for the Rescue 11, I have a hook on them and I'll probably get them also around $100.

I had the Mashie M3 and now have the TaylorMade Rescue 11 4. I found that I was tending to hit a big draw or hook on misses with the mashie, hence my reason for changing. Since getting the Rescue 11 I haven't hit a single hook with it. I think this is down to the lack of noticeable offset. I also like how the TaylorMade's are adjustable. I have the 21* which I have adjusted to 20* and thus far am loving it both from the tee and the deck

I have hit them both. I personally like the Rescue 11 better. The miyazaki shaft felt amazing in the mashie. I couldn't stop hooking it though. The Rescue allowed me to hit a nice straight and high shot. The shaft didn't feel as good though.

Back