Perkins Rooster

Reaction score
Handicap
10.1 RCGA
I was looking at local clubfitters and came across this name. Does anyone have much experience with these? What would the difference be between getting fitted at Golftown for Cally's or Mizuno's vs. going to a clubmaker and getting these?PR

Wishon makes excellent equipment and most of their recommended fitters are very good. My fitter spent almost 4 hours with me on the iron fitting and 1.5 hours on the driver - never had anything so thorough at a retailer.

My local retailer had a challenge event where they offered a free sleeve of balls for a Trackman fitting - the catch was that you had to pay for the fitting if they fit you into irons that had better carry and accuracy than your current set. I left with some new E5s! They could not come within 4 yards of the carry on my 870ti 6 iron and my dispersion was 6 yards better than anything else - and they had me hit a bunch of clubs.

Thanks for the reply! Something to think about.

I was looking at local clubfitters and came across this name. Does anyone have much experience with these? What would the difference be between getting fitted at Golftown for Cally's or Mizuno's vs. going to a clubmaker and getting these?PR

These are higher end clubs (Wishon's) You can tell by looking at them that the clubs are made to exacting specs. They feel great... I went to a fitter that carries these and started hitting these but ended up with my Vega's as they felt even more buttery... You probably would end up with just as good a set going to Golftown and getting fitted but Wishon's are not common so there is a uniqueness factor, plus the fitters that carry these tend to know what they are doing (a bit of a gross overgeneralization but unless you get a veteran at Golftown, it may just be a recently trained person doing the fittings).

Back