Tomorrow is fitting day!

Dartgod

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I've been contemplating this for quite a while, and my awesome wife recently gave me the green light for a full bag fitting. I scheduled a fitting 3 weeks ago and tomorrow is the day. The fitter I have chosen is Golf MD, a highly regarded fitter in the KC Metro. I am really excited about this and wanted to start this thread to chronicle the process and post my thoughts and reviews on what I am eventually fitted into.

For those that have gone through this process, feel free to post your advice and thoughts about the fitting process. I game primarily Taylormade products now, but am open to use whatever I am fit into.

Have fun and enjoy it, look forward to hearing your thoughts and what you end up fitted into! Try to relax and swing your normal swing as much as you possibly can - don't worry, the fitter has seen it all before!

Living the dream! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Just go in with an open mind, stretch good before you leave the house.

Good luck with your fitting, sir!!!

Sounds like you have an open mind, and that's probably the best thing you can do going in.
You know what feels good to you and has worked, so its not like you're going in blind. Good stuff. Have fun!

No suggestions other than enjoy the ride! Can’t wait to hear what you are getting.

Biggest thing is to go in open. The times I have got fitted wanting something to work weren’t as good as going in willing to play whatever worked best.

Also don't worry about warming up, they'll give you some time to swing a club and get loose before you start.

Enjoy your fitting experience.

Never done full bag in a single day, sounds exhausting but fun!

Not scheduled until this afternoon.

Enjoy it m friend. Don't get too excited to come back and share the deets on the new bag with us!!!

@KCSmitty isnt this where you went for your iron fitting?

Not scheduled until this afternoon.
Hope you have fun! Don't worry about your "Swing showing up" I've found that I worry about that every time and my fears are unfounded.
I swing just fine.

It is what it is.....

@Dartgod you will enjoy the experience with Mike. He's not pushy or will not try to sell you on a specific brand. Overall great experience.

Hope your experience is awesome!

Good luck with the fitting process! Interested to see how it turns out for you today.

That was a great experience. I learned some things along the way, and the fitter was great to work with. Very patient with my bad swings and spent a lot of time trying different head/shaft combos to find one that worked best for me. I could tell that he was truly excited when he found the right combo. I ended up buying new irons, 2 new wedges, new 3W and reshafted my existing driver. Here are the details on what I ended up with.

Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-AW, Fujikura Pro Iron 75R
FW: Callaway Mavrik 3W, Accra FX 2.0 160 M4
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2.0 54/58, TT Dynamic Gold 115

Driver: Reshafted my Taylormade M2, Fujikura Pro 2.0 5S
Keeping my Taylormade M1 5W as is

He hit on that 3W combo first try. My first swing went almost as far as my best drive.

The only downside to the whole thing is that I have to wait approximately three weeks for them to be ready.

I thinkj Mavriks are a good choice and looks like you had a good experience. Good stuff!

Congrats, glad it was a great experience. Hope you love those Mavriks as much as I do!

I thinkj Mavriks are a good choice and looks like you had a good experience. Good stuff!
We also tried TM Sim and Titleist T200 irons, but they just didn't work nearly as well for me.

Back