True Temper Black Gold shafts?

Bosco...

JB Cobb III told me to do it.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12’ish
Worth hoot or avoid at all costs? Never heard of them.

Are you talking about the black/onyx painted Dynamic Gold or something actually labeled “black gold”?

These. On a set of Adams Idea Pro I’m eyeballing
4103334B-CB14-48FD-843C-BB097396AF42.jpeg

Ah, I’ve never seen those. I bet at least a few people around here have though.

They are oldies…but a very good shaft.
They play stiff to flex, most feel they were a penetrating flight.

Those were our better version of Rifle shafts. Frequency matched, weight matched, flight matched.

And then we bought Royal Precision, so these went away as a brand (our better tech got moved into Rifle).

Thanks a bunch for the response!

Those were our better version of Rifle shafts. Frequency matched, weight matched, flight matched.

And then we bought Royal Precision, so these went away as a brand (our better tech got moved into Rifle).
That's why I love this place. Just randomly true temper giving you backstory and info on stuff. 🔥🔥🔥

That's why I love this place. Just randomly true temper giving you backstory and info on stuff. 🔥🔥🔥

I wasn’t expecting that for sure! Unfortunately in this case, it was the right shaft but wrong head.

The search continues….

I played these for bit. I liked them. Descending weight so the pitching wedge shaft was lighter than the 3 iron. I think that is because pitching wedge heads are heavier so it makes swing weighting easier. Not 100% on that part though. @DB TT could confirm I am guessing.

I liked how the felt. They flighted the ball great.

Somehow came across a bagged up new set of X-Flex. Looking forward to installing them.

I was originally looking at 6.5 Project X (Non flighted)

You say the tech moved over are they similar to the project x?

Great thread, it’s hard to find a huge amount about these, a lot of positives though.

Back