True Temper, Project X, Accra and Steelfiber

TT_Logan

The Shaft Wizard
Albatross 2023 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+4.5
Hello everyone,

My name is Logan. I work with True Temper Sports and I am here to help out with any questions anyone has with our product. I look forwarding to chatting with you all and getting to know everyone. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

i didn't know you guys owned steelfiber as well! i have a question about them. i've never enjoyed steelfiber, but in a fitting last year i tried private reserve and really enjoyed it. how does private reserve differ from the other sf lines?

Welcome to THP Logan!

i didn't know you guys owned steelfiber as well! i have a question about them. i've never enjoyed steelfiber, but in a fitting last year i tried private reserve and really enjoyed it. how does private reserve differ from the other sf lines?

Our Private Reserve is like our Tour Issue line. It is built at tighter tolerances to assure the player that they are hitting the best of the best.

Hi Logan. Random question - Say a guy is going to graphite for the first time this year, generally plays 120ish gram steel (Ex: DG 120 X100 HS), 7i SS 96-98 mph, and has had good success with SteelFiber i125cw X but has on order coming up where i110cw X is the nearest option. Any thoughts on that potentially being a viable option for him? Do they play mostly lighter or will there be some other differences. Deflection, profile, etc. The butt section of the i110cw reads as wider on your spec sheet.

Thanks.

:welcome:

Hi Logan. Random question - Say a guy is going to graphite for the first time this year, generally plays 120ish gram steel (Ex: DG 120 X100 HS), 7i SS 96-98 mph, and has had good success with SteelFiber i125cw X but has on order coming up where i110cw X is the nearest option. Any thoughts on that potentially being a viable option for him? Do they play mostly lighter or will there be some other differences. Deflection, profile, etc. The butt section of the i110cw reads as wider on your spec sheet.

Thanks.

I would say it would be a decent transition and will take getting used to that lighter feel. You will see you don't have to work as hard on the transition as you did with the i125. Sounds like you have the speed for it. I would test out what happens with the lighter and give it time to really see what you can do with it with your local club fitter. I think it will be a great move and you won't be as sore or tired at the end of rounds as well.

Welcome aboard!! Love my HZRDUS Yellow's!

Hello everyone,

My name is Logan. I work with True Temper Sports and I am here to help out with any questions anyone has with our product. I look forwarding to chatting with you all and getting to know everyone. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Fantastic!! I will start thinking of some questions.

Welcome to THP!

I would say it would be a decent transition and will take getting used to that lighter feel. You will see you don't have to work as hard on the transition as you did with the i125. Sounds like you have the speed for it. I would test out what happens with the lighter and give it time to really see what you can do with it with your local club fitter. I think it will be a great move and you won't be as sore or tired at the end of rounds as well.
Thanks.

And sorry, I didn't even realize this was in the Check In forum. Lol Welcome to THP!

Can you share the EI profile for the steelfiber shafts and what would be the comparable profile in TT steel? Thank you!!

Welcome to THP!

Can you talk to me a bit about the Isteel green shafts and the TZI iron shafts? I have been curious about accra for a while but never jumped in on them.

Are you able to share if Accra will be replacing the iSeries tour line? Unless you want CWT I thought I saw that 80g was the heaviest graphite shaft currently offered.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP Logan. I’ve been a long time X100 player and my older joints are not really liking it so much anymore. The thought of graphite going in is a high possibility. Are there any plans for TT to put a graphite shaft in the category of the LA L-Series, or the UST Recoil, now Dart-V?

Welcome to THP @TT_Logan. I have noticed that Catalyst shafts have kind of dropped off the radar the last year. Is there a plan for a similar line in the future to replace them?

Welcome to :thp:. Can’t wait to hear all these answers.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Back