Truvis Immortal with Budget Golf: 2019 THP Championship

time4tim;n8891219 said:
Driver, 3/4/5 hybrids/ 6-AW/SW/LW/Putter. One spot open right now. Hoping to stop at Golf Galaxy this weekend, so things could change.
Room for a second driver or the OO Mini...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No changes in my bag, i want to go into this knowing my miss with confidence LOL

I am taking a “new” putter. I have been using my backup putter since June while I got my main putter refinished. I should have the refinished putter before Idaho. I will probably take both putters to Idaho and figure it out which to use during practice round.

I'm rolling in with my Grandaddy setup, plus a quiver full of putters.

I enjoy my consistent 2-way miss through the bag thanks to my joke of a golf swing.

Last edited:
time4tim;n8891219 said:
Driver, 3/4/5 hybrids/ 6-AW/SW/LW/Putter. One spot open right now. Hoping to stop at Golf Galaxy this weekend, so things could change.

Nice, I was thinking the same thing as JMB3 - room for a short driver or mini if you want the option off the tee. I'm not making any changes to my setup, but I am adjusting a few things with my own hybrid. Thinking of lofting down on my 3/4 to balance the gap between my 5 wood and 5 iron. I've picked up some distance with my clubs this year (excluding the woods) so there's not as big of a gap between my 18 degree 5w and a 19.5 degree hybrid anymore.

ChefChris79;n8891167 said:
This became more real, as I packaged up my sticks and dropped them off this morning to fed ex. I said to myself, see you in Idaho next week guys! Hope they make it LOL first time using shipsticks... Anyone else using ship sticks?

I've used them in the past with excellent results.

ArmyGolf;n8891460 said:
I'm rolling in with my Grandaddy setup, plus a quiver full of putters.

I enjoy my consistent 2-way miss through the bag thanks to my joke of a golf swing.
I am only bring one putter - my trusty SL Memphis - otherwise this ^^^^ is me.

Im so excited for this. I definitely need the getaway after the craziness over the past 2 months.

I think I might rework whats in the bag this weekend, looking at different driver and wedge options.

I've developed a real nice pull with my 5w off the tee. It's something to behold.

Lesson on Thursday should help, I hope.

I had my 175 tee shot dialed in over the past couple months. Gone MIA past two weeks.

Going to be interesting. I predict near 90 or way over 100, lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It looks like I may have the new irons this week after all, now we need the storm to verve off and go out to sea so there can be a few rounds this holiday weekend. Got the sutures out of my hand this morning so I am ready to get back to it.

Duffer Waldorf;n8891782 said:
I'm replacing my 4-iron with an extra sand bottle to fill in all the fatted divots I leave behind.
I love that one.

I'm replacing my driver with a ball retriever.

Who's next?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I think I will throw a second putter in the bag. One for reads that go left and one for reads that slide right. Can never be too cautious.

time4tim;n8891982 said:
I think I will throw a second putter in the bag. One for reads that go left and one for reads that slide right. Can never be too cautious.

hopefully you don't get a straight putt.

Maybe I should leave out my 4-iron or something and bring a snorkel, mask, and fins for when I run out of balls on those lakefront holes.

OldeDude;n8892106 said:
Maybe I should leave out my 4-iron or something and bring a snorkel, mask, and fins for when I run out of balls on those lakefront holes.

you will make a fortune on club cover retrievals.

Message to my partner: if the course has a lot of dog leg lefts we are golden. If not, I hope you are playing well.

baylrballa;n8892012 said:
hopefully you don't get a straight putt.

From the intel I have gathered, that shouldn't be much of an issue.

tequila4kapp;n8892126 said:
Message to my partner: if the course has a lot of dog leg lefts we are golden. If not, I hope you are playing well.

There was what, 5/6 dog leg lefts? We'll be fine. I'm currently finding a way to not make solid contact off the tee, so I got that going for me. Putting is always suspect, and I have a three way miss going with the irons...what could go wrong?

slimjim32;n8892311 said:
There was what, 5/6 dog leg lefts? We'll be fine. I'm currently finding a way to not make solid contact off the tee, so I got that going for me. Putting is always suspect, and I have a three way miss going with the irons...what could go wrong?

Interested to know what a 3 way miss is! Left, right and backwards?

MattyDMPLS;n8892605 said:

Miss left, miss right, skulled. I REALLY need to get that skulled out of my shot repertoire...

MattyDMPLS;n8892605 said:

Ride with me Friday and you may see more.

KingVeo;n8890412 said:
Not specific to CDA but rule of thumb for a forecaddie from what I've heard is typically about $20-25/pp for a foursome. The pro shop at Harbour Town GL recommended $25-30/pp for their required forecaddies when I asked about a year or two ago.

jim54
I did ask today on their website via the chat feature and was told that the recommended starting tip is $25 per person. I am planning on $25-40 per round for the forecaddie.

oumagic;n8892725 said:
jim54
I did ask today on their website via the chat feature and was told that the recommended starting tip is $25 per person. I am planning on $25-40 per round for the forecaddie.

Whew, I thought we had to give them our driver.

baylrballa;n8892737 said:
Whew, I thought we had to give them our driver.

The forecaddie probably has a newer driver than I do, so he would probably rather have my $25

Back