Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative. 1 step above a putt puut putter. All they had. Swimming with sharks in 2 days still chance to die

Back online in a day or 3��

Just had a trailer pop up before watching a movie. It was The MEG, as in Megladon...... jus sayin. :D

Stand closer to ball lift heel up a bit make putting stroke. Close to green only maybe 5-25 feet off green assuming firm fairway. Farther away the lower lofted club u use. Basically just a putt with less risk of hanging up in fringe.

I honestly find this as a bandaid on most conditions in the USA. Learn to pitch with using bounce.

Currently drunk in Africa talk to u in a few days

How’s the beer there? German-ish? Dutch-ish?

Got out to the range today . Slowed my swing on the driver way down. Was hitting straight but only getting about 180 carry. Roll out to about 210. I’ll take that all day as opposed to 260 in the woods. Maybe get a little more carry with a non range ball?

Played a round of 9 at the usual Dorchester, but still having Shot Scope issues. I think the round at Heatherhurst was a 50, and tonight's round was a shocking 45 (apparently I should play distracted and depressed more often), which included an 8 on Lake Nemesis, that little jerk. I had a solid 4 pars, including the last two holes, wherein I DID NOT waste fantastic tee shots. I even ripped off a 190 yard one (though the rest were in the 150-160 range).

Can't tell you the stats though because of the stupid Shot Scope debacle. I got the rest of my rounds reloaded, but now the app won't let me sign off on the rounds. I have yet another email waiting on poor Neil in customer service. Poor guy must get a tic in his eye muscles when he sees an email pop up from me.

Played a round of 9 at the usual Dorchester, but still having Shot Scope issues. I think the round at Heatherhurst was a 50, and tonight's round was a shocking 45 (apparently I should play distracted and depressed more often), which included an 8 on Lake Nemesis, that little jerk. I had a solid 4 pars, including the last two holes, wherein I DID NOT waste fantastic tee shots. I even ripped off a 190 yard one (though the rest were in the 150-160 range).

Can't tell you the stats though because of the stupid Shot Scope debacle. I got the rest of my rounds reloaded, but now the app won't let me sign off on the rounds. I have yet another email waiting on poor Neil in customer service. Poor guy must get a tic in his eye muscles when he sees an email pop up from me.

I’m quite sure you are a easy customer to deal with. I do CSR for a living, I can tell.

I’m quite sure you are a easy customer to deal with. I do CSR for a living, I can tell.

Well I did point out that the badges seemed to be geared for the lower caps and definitey not for women (they are going to adjust that). And I don't think he much liked me saying "when you upgrade something, you're supposed to streamline it - not add an extra 15 steps. Did you hire a UX expert or are you winging it?"

They are adding leaderboards based on handicap, but I was promised that I do not have to participate and my profile will stay private. So that's an upcoming option.

But this signing off thing is pretty short-sighted (that's the polite way of saying it's bat-guano crazy, btw). I volunteered to be on their beta testing team...

I need to get some full rounds in on my ShotScope. I might have three 9 hole rounds loaded and edited. I deleted the other hodge podge of holes when I was skipping around and trying out different clubs off the tee. I did notice one really super duper long shot that went somewhere out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. I have since learned not to edit rounds on a phone.

Well I did point out that the badges seemed to be geared for the lower caps and definitey not for women
You don' need no stinkin' badges :good:

Played yesterday with 4 other guys who know the course I play very well. I'm of course new to it and just getting back into golf after 10 years+. Reminder, ob on both sides of every fairway.

I shot a 110.:angry:

However, 18 of those strokes were OB's. All from my driver but one (played a 5 iron 190 yards that hit the back of the green and rolled off and down the hill, across the street and stopped rolling near the next tee box ob about 110 yards from where it landed on the green :banghead:). I played the same club these guys played on all of the holes. I can also add that I probably lost some more strokes from my drives that did stay in bounds but were in a bad spot. I feel like I should be shooting in the 80's with the way I play everything else including my chipping which was ok this round.

So I head straight to the range after my round and hit a small bucket of nothing but drives. All of them straight and long but 2. wtf. I am literally hitting my drives 250-260 with a pretty easy swing (had a 310 yard drive on the course). One of the guys I played with said a few days ago on the range that I had a fantastic swing and I've heard it many times before. Even had a lesson a few weeks ago and the only thing pointed out to me was a change in the direction my club points in my backswing. It was slightly inside as opposed to straight back.

I must be mentally weak.:bulgy-eyes: I can actually sense it during my downswing too. I may start following the advice of the dude in this thread that said drink beer.:party:

Played yesterday with 4 other guys who know the course I play very well. I'm of course new to it and just getting back into golf after 10 years+. Reminder, ob on both sides of every fairway.

I shot a 110.:angry:

However, 18 of those strokes were OB's. All from my driver but one (played a 5 iron 190 yards that hit the back of the green and rolled off and down the hill, across the street and stopped rolling near the next tee box ob about 110 yards from where it landed on the green :banghead:). I played the same club these guys played on all of the holes. I can also add that I probably lost some more strokes from my drives that did stay in bounds but were in a bad spot. I feel like I should be shooting in the 80's with the way I play everything else including my chipping which was ok this round.

So I head straight to the range after my round and hit a small bucket of nothing but drives. All of them straight and long but 2. wtf. I am literally hitting my drives 250-260 with a pretty easy swing (had a 310 yard drive on the course). One of the guys I played with said a few days ago on the range that I had a fantastic swing and I've heard it many times before. Even had a lesson a few weeks ago and the only thing pointed out to me was a change in the direction my club points in my backswing. It was slightly inside as opposed to straight back.

I must be mentally weak.:bulgy-eyes: I can actually sense it during my downswing too. I may start following the advice of the dude in this thread that said drink beer.:party:

Hey the scores will come down, no worries. As the title of the book goes, Golf Is Not A Game of Perfect. Be patient with yourself, life is too short to stress over a game.

All the courses around here are all OB on either side of the fairways - is that not usual? Or is that more typical of the wooded courses?

Back to stinking.

Made the almost 2 hr trek to my fathers today. ‘‘Twas the 4h’s parole hearing. While going through my old clubs I found a 7w I forgot I had. So..... the 7w got paroled and the 4h was denied . I still don’t think it’s sorry for all pain it has caused.

I only melted down once yesterday and my putter was fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made the almost 2 hr trek to my fathers today. ‘‘Twas the 4h’s parole hearing. While going through my old clubs I found a 7w I forgot I had. So..... the 7w got paroled and the 4h was denied . I still don’t think it’s sorry for all pain it has caused.

Chuck it into an industrial shredder. Show it the error of it’s ways.

Bad day on the course?

Yeah. Put out a hard stink today. 106. Not an easy course, and had a good time with FiL, Bil, and CiL, (cousin in law), but just played poor, poor golf. Feeling especially crusty and cynical today.

Trying to Break 100

Went to the range again to play with the 7w. Been 12 yrs since I had played with it. Avg distance 175. Super straight. Hope that transfers to the course.

Went to the range again to play with the 7w. Been 12 yrs since I had played with it. Avg distance 175. Super straight. Hope that transfers to the course.

Sweet!

Trying to Break 100

My new motto. Nice lazy swing. Sacrificing yards but accuracy is way up. My golf partner is teasing me saying the future use of the 7w makes me old. Lol. He can laugh as I smoke his a$$ by 10 strokes.

My new motto. Nice lazy swing. Sacrificing yards but accuracy is way up. My golf partner is teasing me saying the future use of the 7w makes me old. Lol. He can laugh as I smoke his a$$ by 10 strokes.

I am old, lol.

Showering helps!

Can’t wash this off, it’s the stench of fail. Comes from deep within. Oozes from the pores like that stale beer sweat. Or second day tequila sweat.

Tonight’s round was a crap round - 48 with a very big asterisk. It was the round of unplayable you-gotta-be-kidding-me! lies.

64478599267bcca24074c9c538657e99.jpg

27a02c9ab395aefef20425e430d3b7f9.jpg

I hit another culvert too, on a third hole, but I didn’t take a pic. So that score prolly oughta be waaaay higher lol. There might have been a frustrated foot wedge and a “screw this!” toss to the fairway that isn’t reflected in the score...

Tonight’s round was a crap round - 48 with a very big asterisk. It was the round of unplayable you-gotta-be-kidding-me! lies.

64478599267bcca24074c9c538657e99.jpg

27a02c9ab395aefef20425e430d3b7f9.jpg

I hit another culvert too, on a third hole, but I didn’t take a pic. So that score prolly oughta be waaaay higher lol. There might have been a frustrated foot wedge and a “screw this!” toss to the fairway that isn’t reflected in the score...

You couldn't play that first one through the culvert? Looks like about a 3 iron 1/4 swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back