Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just shot a 51 on my home course front 9. Parred both par 5 holes and overall played pretty well. Lost ball and triple bogey on a par 3 killed me today.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

With the 51 for 9 holes today and the 44 I shot last time I played 9 for a handicap score posting of 95. First time I broke 100!
4ed933c0f905a92045e79e6eec186311.jpg

Long day today for our club captain away day

9 holes this morning followed by lunch, then 18 this afternoon and a 2 course meal and prize giving

This morning was a 9 hole 4 ball better ball format and my partner and I finished 2nd by 1 point

This afternoon was an individual Stableford competition and I managed to score 38 points with a round of 80 and finished 2nd

Couple pics from the course today

d9c51b84abade129dc53c388f41690c7.jpg
8d551c3d090ecd7ace3e0e96c5686180.jpg
4831d9c7ef5943bf4be3b8bf179498c9.jpg
546d50774955158a98209d25b8926cbd.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Rained last night and most of the drive to the course this morning. Didn't get to do my lesson, it did clear off for us to play though. Really wacky round. Club championship tomorrow morning if we don't get rained out.

Good round today: 47/52 for a 99. First time I broke 100. 2 pars, 9 bogeys, 4 doubles and 3 tripple or worse. Driver was golden, so was 4h. Irons were so-so, but managed to hit few 100-150yd approaches for GIR. The putter was the highlight again, it's just so easy to aim and shoot by feeling it. Whole round was so tension-free. At the turn I noticed that I have started to exhaust, which normally leads to not using lower body at all in the swing. On back nine I concentrated on using my hips to turn and getting power from the legs. And it paid of, arms and upper body relaxed as they did not need to build so much power. So, good game, good shots and some revelations as well.

Right on!!

On a poison ivy timeout:angry: Not an extensive rash but strategically anti-golf. On the front of the right shoulder, on right bicep perfectly aligned with where a short sleeve would end, on webbing between thumb and index finger, on knuckle of ring finger. Add in left hand little finger and a couple spots on legs to complete the irritation map! All from cleaning out my tiny condo garden. I’m going nuclear on it, I think. I’m calling in the Round-up for conversion to rock garden.

Kill. It. With. Fire.

With the 51 for 9 holes today and the 44 I shot last time I played 9 for a handicap score posting of 95. First time I broke 100!
4ed933c0f905a92045e79e6eec186311.jpg

Great job!!

Long day today for our club captain away day

9 holes this morning followed by lunch, then 18 this afternoon and a 2 course meal and prize giving

This morning was a 9 hole 4 ball better ball format and my partner and I finished 2nd by 1 point

This afternoon was an individual Stableford competition and I managed to score 38 points with a round of 80 and finished 2nd

Couple pics from the course today

d9c51b84abade129dc53c388f41690c7.jpg
8d551c3d090ecd7ace3e0e96c5686180.jpg
4831d9c7ef5943bf4be3b8bf179498c9.jpg
546d50774955158a98209d25b8926cbd.jpg

The punishment factor on this course looks brutal!

Shot an even 100 today, but played much better than that would indicate. Burned a lot of edges, and got punished a couple times on shots that I hit really well.

Driver was strong today. I don’t think I’ve ever been as confident off the tee as I am this season. I had one bad top, but hit a lot of nice drives.

The punishment factor on this course looks brutal!
It is a tough course but if you know your way round it is possible to score quite well, although the greens are quite tough with very few straight putts

1st pic in my post is the par 3 2nd hole playing about 150yds

2nd and 3rd pics are the 200yd par 3 9th hole looking from the tee and then back over the hole from the 10th tee

Last pic is looking back from the 10th green to the tee (another 200yd par 3)

Dawg,
Hoping that infection goes bye bye as quickly as my driving in the middle of the round. Sounds like it will be a speedier process than what you expected. Here's hoping you're all healed up in no time!

Going to the range today on my 60th bday, and if the back pain stays away, will play 9 holes with the wife. It has been too long and I am antsy.:egyptian:

Oh, two new clubs to try out, a 9 and PW Rogue. Now I have a complete set, sans wedges and Hybrids.

I obviously like playing challenging par 3's this weekend.....

This is the 190yd par 3 11th hole at Crook where we have played in the league today

Had a good round scoring 41 Stableford points, which equates to a round of 77 and will result in a handicap cut once all of the round scores are in

At the point I left the club I was the top scoring player on the day, but whether that is the final result will obviously depend om the later players
6ded9b9745c58089fa469c447164940a.jpg

The right hip bursae aspiration yielded enough fluid to determine I have a infant staph infection, whose white counts have elevated too precipitously since I’ve been here. Buckle up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The right hip bursae aspiration yielded enough fluid to determine I have a infant staph infection, whose white counts have elevated too precipitously since I’ve been here. Buckle up.

Good luck, that doesn't sound like a quick recovery. Heal up soon.

Another even 100 Friday 51/49, but odd as we played the back nine first so par was 35/36. The bad part was that I hit 11 of 13 fairways (1 in a bunker, 1 in the woods) but only 4 GIR and only one was a par 3. 2 pars. One more round Monday, then two weeks away from golf on vacation.

Made it to the range yesterday afternoon to try out a couple things I have been watching videos on. Mainly on my hooking that I encountered on the course last weekend. Range time was great and hitting most of my balls much straighter than I had before.

I picked up a couple new clubs this past week. Ordered a 3 hybrid Rogue from Callaway Pre-Owned , swung it really well. Picked up an Odyssey putter from someone local this week and immediately regripped it. LEarned how and got a kit from Amazon the other day. He also had a bunch of other clubs as well for cheap. Picked up a Callaway Chrome X 56* wedge that I practiced with at the range as well. It's like I have a whole new close in game with the club. Chipping to the first pin on the range was completely effortless with it.

One more club that I ordered to round out a set of 3 Rogue clubs is a 3W. It should be here this next week.

Deciding if I will make it out for a round tomorrow or just some more range time. Really need to start my bowling practice back up as well as leagues start back up after labor day.

Shot a 103 today. Am posting while pretty drunk. See y’all in the a.m.

Now that summer vacation is over and weather is getting colder I am starting to get ready for winter time and winter practice. Well, there is still two or three months suitable weather for play. Anyhow, I provided myself a physical exercise plan to improve core strength, explosive strength and aerobic and anaerobic stamina. Whole exercise takes just 25mins and all you need is one or two kettlebells and a matt. Every workout is 30sec, no rest between them and 1min rest between rounds. Sharing it for everyone:

- Warm up 5mins

- Three rounds of:

1) Plank
2) Goblet Squat (with kettlebell to added resistance)
3) Kettlebell Swing (left to right and back, just as golf swing)
4) Burpee
5) Plank with arm raise
6) Deadlift with kettlebell
7) Kettlebell Swing (left to right and back, just as golf swing)
8) Jumping jacks
9) 1min rest

- Cool down 5mins

Two to three times a week will get great results. Every workout (except the swing) can be substitute with a similar activity or scaled up/down if starting level requires it.

Good morning/afternoon everyone. Hope you are getting out for some golf today.

Going to the range today on my 60th bday, and if the back pain stays away, will play 9 holes with the wife. It has been too long and I am antsy.:egyptian:

Oh, two new clubs to try out, a 9 and PW Rogue. Now I have a complete set, sans wedges and Hybrids.

Hey! Welcome to the club! I passed that mark in March. I hope the back was great, the range was good and you had a GREAT birthday!

Trying to Break 100

I played yesterday with KYGolfer & Qwkz51 and it was ugly. Parred the first and proceeded to post 5 straight 7’s . It was bad enough that I stopped keeping score early on the back. It was the worst I’ve played all year. I doubt I broke 120

But, I got to play with 2 great THPer’s and had a great time score be damned.

Good morning B100 enjoy your Sunday!

Good morning/afternoon everyone. Hope you are getting out for some golf today.

I am going to have to play today. How can I not when it's in the 80's today in August, in Dallas? August is almost always in 100's for us.

:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back