Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can agree with that. Hell I spent two holes today trying to figure out what kind of bird was around the pond on #4. Looked like a mini stork but dark colored. :dohanim:

Pterodactyl, most likely.

After a lot of messing around and indecision I think I have the bag set for '19. The work league starts May 6 and I need to stop messing with the bag make up.

Driver: 2017 M2 9.5* w/stock stiff - Lofted up one click and set to upright. So far I really like this driver although it hasn't been in the bag long. I see more distance potential with it than the 917.
Fairway: 917 F2 18* w/MRC S+ Lim R - Set to A2 (standard loft and upright). I bought this club this winter on clearance and see this as a backup tee club and max advancement off turf.
Hybrids: 816 H1 21*, 25* w/MRC S+ R - Also set to A2. I had these last season also. They work well with a lower, non ballooning trajectory and are iron replacements.
Irons: 718 AP1 6i-48* w/TT AMT R300 - I've had these since late fall '17. Last season was hit or miss, but I'm doing better with them so far this year. I like the easy distance. I was professionally fit for them at a Titleist Thursday.
Wedges: SM6 52*F12 and SM7 56*F14 w/TT AMT R300 - I've had these winter '17. The shafts match the irons. The 56* is my all purpose club. The 52* is for yardage gapping purposes or when I need to bring it in lower.
Putter: Piretti Forza - This was a '17 Christmas gift from my wife and is my most cherished golf club.

That's only 13 clubs. The 14th club options that will rotate in are Ping G15 17* hybrid w/stock S that is for tee shots that absolutely cannot go right, this is the 3rd hole in my work league, and a SM6 60*K12 wedge. I'm starting off with the hybrid and may put the 60* wedge in if I start playing faster courses.

Dave

So shot +10 on the front 9 today. This is how I finished!

Great drive - shanked going for it - great wedge - left short the birdie - made par.

Really trying to let my mind trust the new swing mechanics. This is a personal best for this hole (driving) last was 309.

IMG_2818.jpg

Great drive - shanked going for it - great wedge - left short the birdie - made par.

Really trying to let my mind trust the new swing mechanics. This is a personal best for this hole (driving) last was 309.

View attachment 39105

315? You know, the ‘roids are bad for you, right?

Wow, 315 is a bomb! Keep it in play and the 'cap should go way down.

Dave

Wow, 315 is a bomb! Keep it in play and the 'cap should go way down.

Dave

Thanks! That has always been my biggest issue (getting off the tee in play). I put the driver away for a long time till this most recent swing change made it an option again.

I played a lot of 4i off the tee, better control and it was a consistent 200ish club. Now 3W is more my longer par 4 club (~250 wish)

Need to stay stable off the tee, then its all short game focus to really bring the HCP down.

Full week of golf. Went to the range on Monday. Iron practice. Nothing Tuesday. Wednesday was range work again - Hybrids. Thursday was nine holes - not my best but some good hits and putts. Friday was happy hour on the range, went through the whole bag. Saturday clinic on drivers and woods with a new instructor. She was great, really helped on the second shot issues. Her assistant is gong to take his PAT next week. He's gong to be a good instructor too. Finished out Saturday with 9 holes. Best round ever. One birdie on a par 4 and a Par on a Par 3. 2 one putts one over 20 ft according to my app. Scored 50 which for me is great. Guess all that practice paid off.

What wait... they are??? LOL

Well...yeah...they mess with you..down there. Bad stuff. Like a REALLY, REALLY cold swimming pool, if you know what I mean. Allegedly.

Well...yeah...they mess with you..down there. Bad stuff. Like a REALLY, REALLY cold swimming pool, if you know what I mean. Allegedly.

Nothing like personal experience... i mean.... uhh "research"... LOL

I prefer the fairways were firm, and a little luck :)

Nothing like personal experience... i mean.... uhh "research"... LOL

I prefer the fairways were firm, and a little luck :)

Lol. Well, if you ask anyone who has actually laid eyes on me, I would be the poster child of “Um, no, that guy is not on PEDs.” #mygoalisathreedigitBMI

No golf stuff today. Well, the standard “Why, in the name of all that is unholy, can’t I hit a driver?”, but that’s pretty much it. I’m getting to the point where I’m just going to let everyone tee off, Jim in the cart ride for about 150 yards, drop a ball, and say “I’m hitting three.”

No golf stuff today. Well, the standard “Why, in the name of all that is unholy, can’t I hit a driver?”, but that’s pretty much it. I’m getting to the point where I’m just going to let everyone tee off, Jim in the cart ride for about 150 yards, drop a ball, and say “I’m hitting three.”

Try moving up a tee box - overheard this advice being given by a pro to a frustrated student. He said it tricks your brain and helps regain your confidence.

Lol. Well, if you ask anyone who has actually laid eyes on me, I would be the poster child of “Um, no, that guy is not on PEDs.” #mygoalisathreedigitBMI

BAHAHAHA

Try moving up a tee box - overheard this advice being given by a pro to a frustrated student. He said it tricks your brain and helps regain your confidence.

Sadly, I’m pretty sure that it’s more of a “me” issue than a “tee” issue. I have the same ineptitude with irons, hybrids, and fairway woods. The Grand Slam of Poor Golf(tm).

Got out for 2 hours of chipping and putting also got some 100 yard and In work done this morning. Went out for a late aft round with some friends. Shot a 42 on the front 9 with 4 pars! Only 1 double bogey. Still have the driver going right but not as bad getting better all the time. I also had 2 195 ish yard par 3 and was on the green in 1 shot with the 5 hybrid and drained a 25 ft for bird!

We only got 4 holes done on the back nine but was feeling good. My hybrids and irons are feeling great driver is coming along nice!

Got out for 2 hours of chipping and putting also got some 100 yard and In work done this morning. Went out for a late aft round with some friends. Shot a 42 on the front 9 with 4 pars! Only 1 double bogey. Still have the driver going right but not as bad getting better all the time. I also had 2 195 ish yard par 3 and was on the green in 1 shot with the 5 hybrid and drained a 25 ft for bird!

We only got 4 holes done on the back nine but was feeling good. My hybrids and irons are feeling great driver is coming along nice!

Sounds like a plan coming together! Nice Birdie. Keep it up and you’ll be in the B80 in no time.

Sounds like a plan coming together! Nice Birdie. Keep it up and you’ll be in the B80 in no time.

Thanks been working hard on the swing and the hard work is paying off. Lesson this Friday will be solely on the driver. It was a great afternoon of golf for me ��

Next round is scheduled for tomorrow, on a quite difficult course. The most difficult hole, there is 110yd difference between yellow (standard) tee and reds (formerly known as ladies tee). and from yellows, you need at least 160yd to even reach the fairway. So I will probably not break 100 tomorrow. But it's a beautiful course and company will be hilarous. Tomorrow's reduced set will be Marvin (3w), 4h, 6i, 8i, PW, 56* and putter. Yesterday was same except 5i and 7i which did not gap so well in the set.

I was thinking of bringing the whole bag, but there are so many clubs I am not practiced enough to be confident yet. Sure, I can hit my driver straight. But I can hit the same distance with more confidence with Marvin. 5w would be handy on some situations, but 4h is more consistent. All in all, with reduced set, I only need to concentrate on selected clubs and hone my skills. Propably after B100, I will start adding clubs on by one to the roster and practice sessions. My game, my plan and proud of it :)

How'd you make out with that shot?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Short answer.....I didn't :angry:

Had to try and play out towards the back of the green, but with the ball being buried as much as it was, it didn't come out at the first attempt, but the second attempt was no problem

Unfortunately, it was one of two holes where I didn't score any points yesterday

Next round is scheduled for tomorrow, on a quite difficult course. The most difficult hole, there is 110yd difference between yellow (standard) tee and reds (formerly known as ladies tee). and from yellows, you need at least 160yd to even reach the fairway. So I will probably not break 100 tomorrow. But it's a beautiful course and company will be hilarous. Tomorrow's reduced set will be Marvin (3w), 4h, 6i, 8i, PW, 56* and putter. Yesterday was same except 5i and 7i which did not gap so well in the set.

I was thinking of bringing the whole bag, but there are so many clubs I am not practiced enough to be confident yet. Sure, I can hit my driver straight. But I can hit the same distance with more confidence with Marvin. 5w would be handy on some situations, but 4h is more consistent. All in all, with reduced set, I only need to concentrate on selected clubs and hone my skills. Propably after B100, I will start adding clubs on by one to the roster and practice sessions. My game, my plan and proud of it :)

In honor of Marvin, I've named my driver: "Bastard!"

Now that Marvin has took a leading role in the teebox, Driver and 5w are getting anxious and nervous about their role. Might need to give them a names as well, but the role will need to wait for a while. I will take them to bag for my trip to France, but not sure if they get any screen time.

I refuse to even acknowledge the existence of any Club above 3W.

I think they're the hallucination of a warped, febrile mind.

I refuse to even acknowledge the existence of any Club above 3W.

I think they're the hallucination of a warped, febrile mind.

Haha, my warped mind obviously imagined the driver, 6i to a 495yd par 5 greenside bunker yesterday :D

I know where you are coming from though, I struggled with driver for a long time and only used a 3W, but lessons working on my swing has now meant that driver is one of the strongest clubs in my bag, and with continued work I have actually increased my driver distance in the last 18 months as well

The only problem I have encountered with my increased driving distance this last year is that I had to change the way I played a number of holes at my home course as driver was becoming too much

Haha, my warped mind obviously imagined the driver, 6i to a 495yd par 5 greenside bunker yesterday :D

I know where you are coming from though, I struggled with driver for a long time and only used a 3W, but lessons working on my swing has now meant that driver is one of the strongest clubs in my bag, and with continued work I have actually increased my driver distance in the last 18 months as well

The only problem I have encountered with my increased driving distance this last year is that I had to change the way I played a number of holes at my home course as driver was becoming too much

Physician heal thyself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back