Trying To Break 90 Club

Forgot you were in Florida...jealous :) Not bad, the penalties will kill your score. What was going on with the Driver and long irons?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I have been fighting the driver for ever, nowadays I have a big push slice, but even when I don t, I barely hit hit 200 yards
Get back out there and give it another go!
I will! Wednesday and Friday

Forgot you were in Florida...jealous :) Not bad, the penalties will kill your score. What was going on with the Driver and long irons?

Ooh and for some reason, I can't make solid contact with the irons, held shots, shanks and thins

Ooh and for some reason, I can't make solid contact with the irons, held shots, shanks and thins
Rust, you were solid at Glen Oak when we played. You'll find it.

I had a bunch of these yesterday I really think it was rust. I am hoping to get that shaken off quickly.

Rust, you were solid at Glen Oak when we played. You'll find it.

I sure hope you guys are right!

I'll see on Wednesday
I had a bunch of these yesterday I really think it was rust. I am hoping to get that shaken off quickly.

Did you get any range time down there Marty?

Did you get any range time down there Marty?
None, this is a family vacation, and gold time was toughly negotiated, and with tee times before 7:30 getting there early for practice can be hard.

I'm just happy I can play 3 rounds this week, scores don't matter

None, this is a family vacation, and gold time was toughly negotiated, and with tee times before 7:30 getting there early for practice can be hard.

I'm just happy I can play 3 rounds this week, scores don't matter

Hey I can understand that just playing golf in that weather would be a win in my book. How was the course you played?

Hey I can understand that just playing golf in that weather would be a win in my book. How was the course you played?
We played at woodlands cc, I liked the course, the layout was fun, the greens rolled great, but I am not a fan of Bermuda grass at all

I played this morning, great day, the course was nice, and we played in 3 hours!
Much better ball striking, but a few unlucky bounces, a few duffed chips and a couple three Jack's made it a 99

All around, I am pretty pleased and can't wait for Friday

I played this morning, great day, the course was nice, and we played in 3 hours!
Much better ball striking, but a few unlucky bounces, a few duffed chips and a couple three Jack's made it a 99

All around, I am pretty pleased and can't wait for Friday
Good luck tomorrow Marty! Congrats on your victory last night also

Shot a 81 (+16) today on an executive (sort of, it's just a bit shorter) so I was happy with that for 1st at a course north of me (my course isn't open yet)

Played 92 a few days ago. Had a second straight round without a 3-putt and finished with 32 putts. My approaches were once again my weak point this week

Playing 18 today and setting my usual goal for 2 45s we shall see how it goes.

Get after it brother! We absolutely need to play another round soon.

Enjoy and hit em straight.

Keep up the good work I remember the first time I broke 90 it was awesome. Just remember after the first time they do come easier.

Got out this morning and spent the front 9 knocking the rust off - playing two balls, didn't keep score. I picked up a new driver (Ping G25) and am really digging it so far.

Shot 42 on the back. 4 pars, 4 bogeys, 1 double, 3 GIRs and 16 putts. Was sitting on 38 on 18 tee hoping to match or beat my PB 42 on this 9 and promptly yanked the driver into a water hazard. Dropped, hit my 3rd to about 30 yards, then bladed a SW - which smacked the flag and dropped into the cup for par. I laughed my @$$ off right there in the fairway.

Got out this morning and spent the front 9 knocking the rust off - playing two balls, didn't keep score. I picked up a new driver (Ping G25) and am really digging it so far.

Shot 42 on the back. 4 pars, 4 bogeys, 1 double, 3 GIRs and 16 putts. Was sitting on 38 on 18 tee hoping to match or beat my PB 42 on this 9 and promptly yanked the driver into a water hazard. Dropped, hit my 3rd to about 30 yards, then bladed a SW - which smacked the flag and dropped into the cup for par. I laughed my @$$ off right there in the fairway.

It's all good man, no pictures on scorecards! Nice round BTW!

Got out today, wind was 20-25 mph here and I didn't score as well. The two 9's were completely opposite of one another, but the scores were similar, 46/47. The front I had trouble getting around the course, but putted lights out and only had 13 putts, no 3-putts. The back I was getting around the course better, but putting went ice cold and I had 21 putts and 3 were 3-putts. Couldn't make anything fall outside of 3'. Hopefully next time out or sometime soon I can start putting it all together for multiple rounds in a row and make those rounds in the 80's more of the norm and the rounds in the 90's the outliers.

I got out early enough to get ahead of the wind. It picked up to 20-25 just as I was finishing.

I got out early enough to get ahead of the wind. It picked up to 20-25 just as I was finishing.

I didn't get out until 9am and it was already up there then. I actually saw my ball rocking on the green as I was getting ready to putt one time today.

So damn close today. Shot a 91 tees were up only a bit from where I normally play this course but with it being so wet and there was absolutely no roll out. It played pretty tough.

My tee game was solid especially with driver I made one mistake and blocked one bad left but through some miracle it kicked out into the left rough when I thought it was long gone Hahah I also think part of it was the new B330 RX that I played with today. This ball just rocks tee to green. I will not be using any other ball this season for sure.

My second shots were a massive struggle all day. Chunked irons and some thins or course. I was hitting almost every iron on the toe I think I made center face contact only twice which is not ideal obviously. This needs to get cleaned up.

Putting was so so tough greens very hard to read speed as they were pretty beat up. Only a few 3 putts which is nice but some of them should have dropped.

The 91 was with 2 7s and an 8 if not for these I was in the mid 80s which has always been my goal.

I need to keep at it

Oh yeah and shot plus 1 on the Par 3s. This crazy game haha

Back