Trying To Break 90 Club

Played a place called WickenBurg Ranch and shot a 47/47 ... that was with a couple plenty strokes

I have started going backwards. Last few rounds my short game (chip/pitch/lag putting) has saved me. My drives and irons have become quite erratic. My GIR has plummeted to about 1 per round over my last 3 rounds. I'm missing greens every direction. My smooth swing and increased distance are both gone.

I have 2 rounds today. Heading out early to get a few full swings in and to work on the chip/pitch game. That will keep me in my range until I can get some range time next week.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434796691.243211.jpg

Back over 100 for first time since May 1 and 7
Rounds. I feel part in the back 9 yesterday. Went quad, triple, and five doubles over last 7 holes. Still was a personal best on that course by 7 strokes.

Back in the lab. 2 new courses today. Still chasing 90.

43/44 today for an 87. Just a par 70 course..Pretty short also. Played from the back tees and it was only 5790 yards. Rating/Slope was 68.4/123.. Could have been around an 82.. Had 2 penalty strokes, plus 3 putted 3 of the last 5 holes. Very gimmicky greens. Second time I played this course, first time was back in April and it was my first round in a year and a half, shot a 97 then.

Got off to an awful start. 7 over par after the first 4 holes (triple the first, bogey, bogey, double).. Then ran off 4 pars in a row. Couple long par 3's on this course also.. one was 210 and one was 230. Was able to hit both in regulation with my hybrids (3 hybrid on the first, 2 hybrid on the second).

Couple holes cost me today; quad, triple and a four putt double all pushed me to a 94. 37 putts, 5/18 GIR, 7/14 FW and three pars. Won the match I was in 2&1, so that was fun.

I need to improve my approach shots and keep grinding.

Well, after some swing difficulties that have me scoring in the 90s, instead of the 80s, lately, thought I would pay a visit to the thread. I'm planning on breaking 90, tomorrow, and breaking my current scoring trend. Everyone keep grinding away. Even when you become an 80s shooter, it can go away, and have you fighting to get it back.

Played Shannon Lake up in Kelowna, had a horrible front 9, shot 60, then went on to shoot a 43 on the back. I just can't keep my play consistent.

That course has a nasty par 5 where your 3rd shot has to hit to at least 50-60' above to the green.

I finally had another sub 90 round. Shot an 88=46/42. It was bogey city today. Back nine saved me as I had a three hole stretch go birdie, par, par. Only good thing was no triple bogeys or worse on the card.

Played a place called WickenBurg Ranch and shot a 47/47 ... that was with a couple plenty strokes

Great course - how was the temp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 / 47 for a round 90 this morning. Developed a massively large slice off the tee on the back 9 and missed every single fairway. 18th hole I realised my hand path was sweeping round my body and not feeling like it was going high and right. 5 Pars, 8 Bogies and 5 Doubles.

Waiting out the rain... good times.

Too many OB off the tee yesterday held me back. On 18, I pulled out the hybrid and hit one right down the middle. Had I been doing that all day, I would have done it without issue.

I need to play smarter....

just picked up golf this year, and have been consistently shooting in the 90s. Today I told myself, Im going to break 90.....and I just managed!

ede6e742-cc33-40f3-9beb-4be7cbcfd856_zpsbo0ryvzr.jpg

Front wasn't the best, but I knew under 90 was still right there with a decent back 9

Was playing the best back 9 I ever have until went double, triple on 17 and 18. I was getting really fatigued, but that's no excuse.

9178dbef-ead4-4754-9a5a-28ec3ef05408_zpshru3qmh8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

just picked up golf this year, and have been consistently shooting in the 90s. Today I told myself, Im going to break 90.....and I just managed!

Thanks for depressing all of us that have been playing the game our whole lives and still spend more time in the 90's than the 80's.

In all seriousness, congrats! That's quite an achievement.

5:37 am, 75 degrees, I have the course to myself - let's get 'er done!

Front wasn't the best, but I knew under 90 was still right there with a decent back 9

9602e175-e10d-44cb-a380-45bbbb135470_zpsgi839v6h.jpg

That's a long front 9, no shame posting 46 there. Nice work coming back and getting into the 80s!

47/47 for 94 on a par 71 this morning. One 3 putt, one OB and one lost ball. All in all a decent round for me even w/ four triples. Going to see the swing coach for a tune-up this Friday and take another shot at breaking 90 this weekend.

Scorecard:

Stats for the round - https://www.swingbyswing.com/rounds/11021312/2371783

ede6e742-cc33-40f3-9beb-4be7cbcfd856_zpsbo0ryvzr.jpg

Was playing the best back 9 I ever have until went double, triple on 17 and 18. I was getting really fatigued, but that's no excuse.

9178dbef-ead4-4754-9a5a-28ec3ef05408_zpshru3qmh8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What app is this? I like the way it shows the previous scores.

Trying To Break 90 Club

I played 2 rounds on Saturday putting up 102 and 100 at 2 new courses. My irons were much better but I couldn't get off the tee box to save my life. I hit 3 GIR during the 102 and 5 during the 100 round. 5 is where I need to be going forward.

I was destroyed by penalties and generally finding short grass off the tee. The 100 round also featured a hole with 5 sand shots. Strangely enough, I salvaged a quad-bogie on the hole. Crazy. Great tee shot, approach drew too much into bunker, 5 strokes in 2 bunkers, and drop a 20ft putt. Another quad and a triple. Should have been much better round. 5 total penalties.

Fresh off the range this morning. Lesson this afternoon. I have to either fix the driver or develop my new (to me) 3 hybrid. Putting lesson later this week also.

Back to lab.

I have started going backwards. Last few rounds my short game (chip/pitch/lag putting) has saved me. My drives and irons have become quite erratic. My GIR has plummeted to about 1 per round over my last 3 rounds. I'm missing greens every direction. My smooth swing and increased distance are both gone.

I have 2 rounds today. Heading out early to get a few full swings in and to work on the chip/pitch game. That will keep me in my range until I can get some range time next week.

View attachment 20475

Back over 100 for first time since May 1 and 7
Rounds. I feel part in the back 9 yesterday. Went quad, triple, and five doubles over last 7 holes. Still was a personal best on that course by 7 strokes.

Back in the lab. 2 new courses today. Still chasing 90.

Fresh off the range this morning. Lesson this afternoon. I have to either fix the driver or develop my new (to me) 3 hybrid. Putting lesson later this week also.

Back to lab.

Hang in there straightslice. I also have a new 3hyb and have really grown to love the thing. I hit it on short par 4s (anything under 350) instead of driver. Been a tremendous help keeping it in the FW on the shorter par 4s.

What app is this? I like the way it shows the previous scores.

Its Arccos, it screws a sensor into each club and tracks all your shots. Its really a massive help and great motivator to keep improving.

Hang in there straightslice. I also have a new 3hyb and have really grown to love the thing. I hit it on short par 4s (anything under 350) instead of driver. Been a tremendous help keeping it in the FW on the shorter par 4s.

Thanks man. I thought I was heading in the right direction, so the last week was very disappointing. Hopefully just a temporary uptick and I can go lower soon.

Due to Callaway shipping the wrong club, I was short my 3 wood. As a result, I only had a driver and 4 older hybrid. Hadn't taken my new 3hy to the range yet so I left it in the car. Not the most ideal situations especially on longer holes. Hopefully my bag remodel will be complete this week.

Thanks man. I thought I was heading in the right direction, so the last week was very disappointing. Hopefully just a temporary uptick and I can go lower soon.

Due to Callaway shipping the wrong club, I was short my 3 wood. As a result, I only had a driver and 4 older hybrid. Hadn't taken my new 3hy to the range yet so I left it in the car. Not the most ideal situations especially on longer holes. Hopefully my bag remodel will be complete this week.

I had a similar dry spell a couple weeks back including a 50 on par 30 nine hole course. It happens...

The lesson today was very helpful. Come to find out, I was never hitting the driver properly. Everything was off from body alignment, posture, ball alignment, tee height, swing path, etc. After a few tweaks the high weak fades and slices were replaced by bombs that were hitting screen midway up from over 240yards out. I didn't laser the distance since I didn't want to be that guy after hitting a few good drives.

I brought all of my drivers. Looks like the G25 is the new driver. The added forgiveness was evident on each poor swing. I had my eye on a X2 hot driver at Cally preowned, but I will keep my money. *i think*.

Can't wait to get back on the course.

Putting lesson on Friday.

Good stuff straightslice. I have a lesson Friday too.

Back