Tucson experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slot708

🤦‍♂️ hardcore DOS gamer
Reaction score
Going to be heading over to Tucson in a month.Staying for 2 weeks on the northwest side by Ora Valley.Not going to bring any golf clubs at all..I don’t want to waste the trip on the links.Really want to explore the area and do some great hiking.This is my 20th visit to Arizona and my 4 th trip to Tucson.Any tourists suggestions that I may have missed in the past? And what is the best place for an Arizona hot dog?

Best Sonoran Hot Dog in Tucson

1704229408028.png

1704229507229.png

Called "Taco Dogs"

1704229739320.png

Going to be heading over to Tucson in a month.Staying for 2 weeks on the northwest side by Ora Valley.Not going to bring any golf clubs at all..I don’t want to waste the trip on the links.Really want to explore the area and do some great hiking.This is my 20th visit to Arizona and my 4 th trip to Tucson.Any tourists suggestions that I may have missed in the past? And what is the best place for an Arizona hot dog?
W/O knowing what you have done, these may be repetitive:
  • Bisbee
  • Wine tasting in Sonoita/Wilcox
  • Desert Museum
  • Botanical Gardens
  • Old Tucson 'park'
  • Pima Air n Space museum
  • Titan Missile museum
  • Beer/Breweries
  • Finger Rock Trail

I was looking at some upper level Mt Lemmon hiking.Ive heard they opened a old time western town on the west side.Downtown and southern Tucson I’ve never really explored that much.Also looked at the caverns as well.And the other couple we are going with has their clubs with them.I will see if I can borrow a few and hit the range a few times.So going to work on my lesson golf swing

Those hot dog pics are the bomb.

Last edited:
Mt. Lemon or Sabino Canyon for hiking.
Did both.. our favorite was ventana trail right off the golf course. It actually links in with the My Lemmon trail. Some of the pics I took were breathtaking. But wasn’t an easy climb

If you want to hike i highly suggest going to Sabino Canyon and make your way up to Blackett's ridge. That is about 6 miles round trip from the parking lot with about 1700 feet of vert but the views from up there are unreal! There is tons of hiking in Sabino Canyon also.

If you want to hike i highly suggest going to Sabino Canyon and make your way up to Blackett's ridge. That is about 6 miles round trip from the parking lot with about 1700 feet of vert but the views from up there are unreal! There is tons of hiking in Sabino Canyon also.
That is what I was looking for. I love those all day hikes

I was looking at some upper level Mt Lemmon hiking.Ive heard they opened a old time western town on the west side.Downtown and southern Tucson I’ve never really explored that much.Also looked at the caverns as well.And the other couple we are going with has their clubs with them.I will see if I can borrow a few and hit the range a few times.So going to work on my lesson golf swing

Those hot dog pics are the bomb.
I love a couple miles down the road from Old Tucson. The old time western town. Sewailo and Starr pass are in the area for golf

Some hiking pics from ventana trail last year.loved these hard hikes.Wife was like “what about some golf this year ?”.I was like “ nah… let’s do it maybe next year or the year after.”.You all have some of the best hiking in the states

Attachments

• IMG_6061.jpeg
    IMG_6061.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6066.jpeg
    IMG_6066.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6064.jpeg
    IMG_6064.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 5
I love a couple miles down the road from Old Tucson. The old time western town. Sewailo and Starr pass are in the area for golf
Was that the old western town where they filmed movies in the 50’s and 60’s.And they just reopened it ?

Was that the old western town where they filmed movies in the 50’s and 60’s.And they just reopened it ?
Yes. I haven’t been there in a couple of years. The desert museum is also down the road. I like that much better.

@Nessinator said visit the Mission.

That mission is on the list for sure.

Downtown is a great way to spend the day... a lot of restaurants and galleries (Etherton gallery, Tucson museum of art, Philabaum glass studio). 4th Ave has come a long way too with a lot of unique shopping and and restaurants (a southwestern version of New York's Bleeker Street).

And by the way... @Wildcat is looking at me like I'm crazy...

I did venture around southern Tucson. The old school Mexican feel was different. And even went to mass at one of the oldest Catholic Churches ⛪️ down there. Love the history side of Arizona for sure.Ive experienced the whole state in my 20 plus years of visiting it.Im promising myself that I will take the golf clubs next time.

Downtown is a great way to spend the day... a lot of restaurants and galleries (Etherton gallery, Tucson museum of art, Philabaum glass studio). 4th Ave has come a long way too with a lot of unique shopping and and restaurants (a southwestern version of New York's Bleeker Street).

I don’t understand why ppl would come to Tucson and not play golf. It’s the reason I stay

I don’t understand why ppl would come to Tucson and not play golf. It’s the reason I stay
I get you for sure.Im just worried after my recent lessons I will really stink it up.A nice stress free stay is what I’m after.One day I’m going to regret only playing a handful of golf in Arizona..next year for sure

And if you're staying in Oro Valley you have the Catalina State Park and The Biosphere.

And a small DSW where you can buy shoes from me. 🤣🤣🤣
We are staying not far from the conquistador golf course facility. I do have to say I like the range and practice facility at the Conquistador.But the range always felt like you were hitting from a downhill lie.

Also downtown... The Hotel Congress. Which has Dillinger days coming up.

How much of a hassle is going up the the observatory on Mt Lemmon? At night time.I drove it during the day and never went all the way up do to slick road conditions

enjoying Tucson again.And even had a Arizona hot dog.We played 9 holes with our neighbors clubs and had a good time.Now we are going to explore the area for the next 2 weeks.Coming back in April for a week to do more hiking.Next year we will explore New Mexico as I’m getting a little burned out with Arizona.Think we almost did it all in 20 years of venturing here.Highly recommend people coming here for the nice views.The golf is ok, but it’s like every course looks the same.The driving ranges and practice areas are very prestine at sll
Courses we visited

Attachments

• IMG_6067.jpeg
    IMG_6067.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6055.jpeg
    IMG_6055.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 37E6A31D-C440-4CAD-A4AE-CC32F6424CB0.jpeg
    37E6A31D-C440-4CAD-A4AE-CC32F6424CB0.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Enjoying our stay on the preserve golf course. Found a group of couples that we played a few rounds with that reminded me of thp style group.I told the wife if we find a home here we can create a fun style thp group on Facebook for other golfing couples to join. just a thought. Played Quarry Pines, course needs a lot of work.But it was different to say the least.We won’t be playing this one again

on to play the Conquistador courses and the Preserve this week. Maybe Star Pass as long as the course conditions are sub par like this outing we had.

IMG_5968.jpegIMG_5983.jpegIMG_5970.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back