Handicap
10.9 EGA
The dates and venue has been set...

Ultimately - the cookie has crumbled as follows:

Date:
12-13th of August.

Venue:
Marriott Worsley Park, Manchester
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mangs-worsley-park-marriott-hotel-and-country-club/

Miscellaneous info:
Four 4 balls booked. 16 players confirmed so far. 4 nonplayers. Due to injury of a Dane, the Swedes have mustered up another one!

Teams and Captains:
The Mighty North led by current Champion Colin consists of:
Almdudler(Linus), "Not Tom" aka Anne-Sofie, Lina, Ian, Chas, Colin, Damo and Preston

Southerners are led by Rob(Ice) and consists of:
Glenn "The Doctor", Si, Martin, Rob, Ryan, Luke, Sam and Stu.

Other appointments
Kangaroo Court Judges. Margaret and Jeanette, supported by Team Prosecco and advised by two skippers.
Fines will go to The National Literacy Trust or for Linus' bus fare home if he loses his lift...

Rooms. Roomies are the marrieds, Swedettes, "Baileys and Ice",Cider boys, Dorset boys, Damo and Sam, Si and "Probably Almdudler".

Tee times:
Saturday 12th August: 13:18 onwards.
Sunday 13th August: 10:54 onwards.

The deal:
£ 135 for one night and two rounds of golf. Fines, drinks etc might be extra. Singleton supplement £45. Ekstra night from Friday with dinner and breakfast £89.

More info to come..
And we have a facebook chat going on about this as well. PM me and I can add you to that one also!

Last edited:
Hey almdudler,

What are the dates? Was actually thinking about this the other day as I hadn't spotted any discussion about it.

Cheers
Babyb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to it :D

Pleased it fell this way as earlier in July just wouldn't have worked with our wedding

Updated the original post with the dates. (12-13th August)

Should be able to make it, also can you find out the cost for me having 2 extra nights, the Friday and Sunday night

Looks like were going to have a good turn out..

Those dates should be fine for me. Will double check with the wife tonight but don't expect any issue.

Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is always a great event to follow. Not picking sides mind you, but who will be the Horde's victims this year? :D

This is always a great event to follow. Not picking sides mind you, but who will be the Horde's victims this year? :D

Seems like we have started to get the majority of members who are not in this community though. But we who are will do our best to update..

Teams and stuff are not yet decided... So we will see! :)

Gutted, the dates don't suit me, going to Gainsborough on the 13th for 4 days, but I'm at Worsley Park on the 8th & 9th of April so will give you all a heads up on the course & hotel. Already found out that there's a pub on the grounds and across the road that is loads cheaper than in the resort ������

Gutted, the dates don't suit me, going to Gainsborough on the 13th for 4 days, but I'm at Worsley Park on the 8th & 9th of April so will give you all a heads up on the course & hotel. Already found out that there's a pub on the grounds and across the road that is loads cheaper than in the resort ������

That's bad. Sorry to not see you again Blue!
Hide a pint in a bush for me! ;)

Damn, away in France and it's close to me so would have been great! Enjoy it lads!!

Looks good to me, if there is a spot for me? Single person supplement?

Ideally I'd like to stay an additional night on the Friday, do I arrange this myself? If not, it's turning into a logistical nightmare for whoever is arranging this :bananadance:

Looks good to me, if there is a spot for me? Single person supplement?

Ideally I'd like to stay an additional night on the Friday, do I arrange this myself? If not, it's turning into a logistical nightmare for whoever is arranging this :bananadance:
Of course there is a spot for you!

89 for a Friday night with dinner and breakfast.
The Dane is looking for a roommate so maybe that can work?

I'll let Stu know that you are a yes!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Of course there is a spot for you!

89 for a Friday night with dinner and breakfast.
The Dane is looking for a roommate so maybe that can work?

I'll let Stu know that you are a yes!

And single supplement is 45 per night in your currency.

And single supplement is 45 per night in your currency.

Thanks, been in e-mail correspondence with the boss and confirmed all the details I believe.

Coming for the long drive Trophy this year as I've added at least 15 with the M1 and shaft combo

Be good to catch up again, but don't bank on the long drive ?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks, been in e-mail correspondence with the boss and confirmed all the details I believe.

Coming for the long drive Trophy this year as I've added at least 15 with the M1 and shaft combo
Remember, I had borrowed clubs last time! Not this year I hope!

Unfortunately the dates don't work for me otherwise I'd have jumped at the chance. Great to see some UK stuff going on though.

Unfortunately the dates don't work for me otherwise I'd have jumped at the chance. Great to see some UK stuff going on though.
Too bad! We need one more to be an even number.. We usually do this once a year so keep all summer available for next year! :)

Remember, I had borrowed clubs last time! Not this year I hope!

I remember, which is why my victory this year will be all the sweeter :bananadance:

I would like the "hoard's" chances for the long drive trophy more if we could limit TheDoctor to 3W or less...

I played there 2 weeks ago.

The hotel is very nice, good rooms and lots of facilities.

Food is very good, you can upgrade from the deal but there's no need.

Don't settle in the hotel bar/s, it's too expensive, there's a pub in the grounds that's much cheaper.

Some decent holes, all very different with proper doglegs and Testing par 3's.

Make sure you book in before buying drinks or food or get a slip from reception to say your guests but can't book in in till later or you'll pay 20% more than you need to!

Enjoy ����️

I would like the "hoard's" chances for the long drive trophy more if we could limit TheDoctor to 3W or less...

I will just take my 3W to the range and work on getting a bit more distance out of that then :D

Got a charity golf day on Monday so will see where my game is currently sitting at, my Belfry trip in 3 weeks time, the draw for our club singles Matchplay is on Monday and hopefully I will get another couple rounds in over the next few weekends so could have a bit more golf coming up

what is the latest update, numbers etc ?

Back