Unofficial THP New England Outing: 2016

Finally having a chance to catch up on THP, had a long 90 hole weekend and caddied 18 yesterday.

Started out on Friday playing a round with Rob (The_Dude) and his friend John. I played terrible but learned a lot about the player course which helped me a bunch on Saturday morning. Thanks for the invite, and had a great time playing with you guys, wish I could have stayed for dinner.

Saturday I started out playing the player course with Ray (Teedupthoughts), Peter(O'Carroll) & Alyssa. Played well and had a great time. Pete was able to share some advice and stories about the Grandaddy which I appreciated.

Played my second round with Kevin (Ken h +1), Art and Justin (OITW +1). Didn't play as well as I did on player, driver was acting up a bit but I still enjoyed some great company.

While I didn't get to play with Ken, Alex or Germerican, it was a pleasure meeting you guys and look forward to playing sometime in the future. All in all was a great weekend with great people and thank you Alex for putting this together.

Edit: Sorry if I forgot to thank anyone I met and if we didn't meet, hopefully next time!

I've got a few minutes to kill so I'll give my 2 cents on the day:

I was pissed, because I pulled up a little late and got to the 1st tee just in time catch Pete and his group teeing off, which was cool. Germerican was already warmed up from the range.....and the shots of Fireball. We all introduced ourselves and headed to our first 18 on the Players Course. None of us had a particularly good round. WIth one of my buddies barely breaking 90, me and my other guest barely squeaking by 100, and Germerican not too far behind. IT was clear we were there for a good time, and not to impress each other with our phenomenal skills. (Although Germerican is like a rocket launcher of the tee, and had the shot of the day with his chip straight into the hole). The course was in great shape, ESPECIALLY compared to the conditions I played in at Four Oaks just a few days prior.

We finished our first 18 just in time to tee off on the Jones course immediately. More of the same gameplay followed. Somewhere in the middle of the first round I abandoned my new found grip tweak, and went back to the old style. It didn't particularly help much, but I was more comfortable. By the time we were finishing up, Germerican had a ride to catch, and my guests were more anxious to go check into our hotel and hit the bar and get dinner....so I didn't get to stick around to meet most of you, and see some of you again since last year.

We played 18 at Heritage in Charlton MA the next day, there was a little rain while we checked in, but magically the rain kept away while we played. I felt great in the morning, and was ready to tackle the new round, but by the 15th hole, fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks. I went through the motions and finished up the round, but payed the priced. My Handicap was trending down 1.5 points on saturday, but Sundays round chopped that in half.

Ohh well...overall it was a fun weekend, although I wish I got see more of you guys there. Maybe later this year we can do it again....

As i see it, I am going to try to set up another get together in the autumn. This would be with far less organization and schedule moving than OITW did, perhaps, but a get together none the less. I am considering The Captains Course in Brewster?? because we can do a 36 again. The Cape has many great courses to play all in close proximity to each other

As i see it, I am going to try to set up another get together in the autumn. This would be with far less organization and schedule moving than OITW did, perhaps, but a get together none the less. I am considering The Captains Course in Brewster?? because we can do a 36 again. The Cape has many great courses to play all in close proximity to each other

I've heard great things about Captain's depending on date I could be in for that.

Kevin and I just finished our league round for this week. We destroyed the back nine of the Player course. Kevin shot a 40 (matching his pb) and a net 25 for the league. I shot a 47 for a net 30. Our opponents were pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Kevin and I just finished our league round for this week. We destroyed the back nine of the Player course. Kevin shot a 40 (matching his pb) and a net 25 for the league. I shot a 47 for a net 30. Our opponents were pissed.

Attaboys!!! #sandbaggers lol :alien:

well done

I want in on an autumn gathering! I'm so mad I missed this one. I'm on day 11 in a row of working. 7 of which were 12+ hour shifts. This project is killing me and my golf game!

Didn't know you were from CT! I'm from Watertown. Lyman is only 30 min from me. Let's get a round in some time!

Didn't know you were from CT! I'm from Watertown. Lyman is only 30 min from me. Let's get a round in some time!

There are a few of us lurking in here. Sounds great!

I'd be up for an autumn gathering too, somewhat depending on location.

There are a few of us lurking in here. Sounds great!

I'd be up for an autumn gathering too, somewhat depending on location.

Let me know if you guys go. I'm about 30 minutes from Lyman as well and want to take another crack at the Player Course

Where in CT? I'm in Bristol and always looking for someone to play with

Where in CT? I'm in Bristol and always looking for someone to play with

I live in Watertown. Near the waterbury and Middlebury border.

Let me know if you guys go. I'm about 30 minutes from Lyman as well and want to take another crack at the Player Course

Same, I actually really enjoyed my second round there. Much better when you know what to do, I think I literally pulled driver 5 times my second round.

The guy who runs my league is setting up a tournament on the Player course For Sunday, September 11th. 8AM start and if he can get to 100 golfers it will go off as a shotgun. He does this every year as an end-of-season open event for the leagues. I've never played in it before but it looks like fun.

If you want another crack at the Player course then this is a good opportunity. It would be great if we could get a team THP together for this one.

Cost is $75 and includes the usual stuff. CTTP on all 5 Par-3s, pasta buffet afterwards and awards.

NOTE: This event uses a unique rotating-scramble format.

PM me for complete details if you're interested

Sounds like a good time, maybe next year though. I need some donuts next time i get down there

The guy who runs my league is setting up a tournament on the Player course For Sunday, September 11th. 8AM start and if he can get to 100 golfers it will go off as a shotgun. He does this every year as an end-of-season open event for the leagues. I've never played in it before but it looks like fun.

If you want another crack at the Player course then this is a good opportunity. It would be great if we could get a team THP together for this one.

Cost is $75 and includes the usual stuff. CTTP on all 5 Par-3s, pasta buffet afterwards and awards.

NOTE: This event uses a unique rotating-scramble format.

PM me for complete details if you're interested

Message sent

Back