Upgraded to NX9 Slope

TeeJayeff

Next year is the year.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
15.4 GHIN
So I bought a Precision Pro NX7 non-slope about a week and a half ago, my first foray into the RF world. Played once, liked it, but decided to upgrade to the NX9 for a couple of reasons. First, I realized my course has a lot of subtle and not so subtle elevation changes so I thought the slope function would be worth a go, especially in light of the liberal exchange policy and the decent price. Second, I have always had shaky hands. The first few holes with it were a struggle but I gradually figured out how to adapt. Still, I think the larger view finder in the NX9 (larger than both the NX7 versions) will make it easier to deal with my movement. Again, the PP’s have a good price, free delivery and great return policy. Should arrive tomorrow.

I’d be interested in hearing other experiences with the NX9 slope RF including those upgrading from NX7.

Love the NX9 had the old version of the Nexus when they first came into the scene. All but one friend thoroughly loves the package and jolt with lock on. I have noticed a few times licking up behind objects vs flag, but probably user errors. The magnet is awesome...only caveat. If you drive with a jerk, hold on because that battery cover drops and sucks when you lose the cover and battery.

I have been using this unit for about 6 months and really like it. Have been using rangefinders for about 7 years but this is my first one with slope. The first rangefinder I bought (Bushnell) lasted 6.5 years, and is actually still working fine, so hopefully the PP offers the same longevity.

Love the NX9 - works great. The only thing I don't like which some RFs have is the buttons are a tad close for me and I hit the wrong one some time, but simply takes some getting used to. I have had mine for quite a while. I did have an issue with it early and they immediately sent me out another one and no issues at all.

Thanks all. They do seem good with customer service from what I’ve read.

I've had mine for since they came out and have been very pleased. Like @Luchnia stated, the buttons are a little close for suffers of Fat Finger Syndrome but I got used to it.

Question to you NX9 Slope users....my only two prior lasers were a Bushnell Tour V2/Slope nad V5 shift. Both of those when you hit the button would immediately read out the yardage.

I just got the NX9 Slope and when I hit the button the first time it brings up the crosshairs to turn it on. I then hit the button again to shoot the yardage and takes about 1-2 seconds for the unit to then jolt and then display the yardage. Is this slight delay normal ?
I noticed in an online review they had the Precision rangefinders ranked about mid pack when it came to speed to where the Bushnell's were in the top 5 for speed so maybe I am just spoiled with how fast the the Bushnell's have been over the years for me.

Also is there a way to hold the button and pan? I was used to doing this with my Bushnells which was nice in case you wanted to ensure you were actually capturing the flag and not the surrounding trees etc.

Question to you NX9 Slope users....my only two prior lasers were a Bushnell Tour V2/Slope nad V5 shift. Both of those when you hit the button would immediately read out the yardage.

I just got the NX9 Slope and when I hit the button the first time it brings up the crosshairs to turn it on. I then hit the button again to shoot the yardage and takes about 1-2 seconds for the unit to then jolt and then display the yardage. Is this slight delay normal ?
I noticed in an online review they had the Precision rangefinders ranked about mid pack when it came to speed to where the Bushnell's were in the top 5 for speed so maybe I am just spoiled with how fast the the Bushnell's have been over the years for me.

Also is there a way to hold the button and pan? I was used to doing this with my Bushnells which was nice in case you wanted to ensure you were actually capturing the flag and not the surrounding trees etc.
My NX7 Pro only takes a second after the second press of the button. Hard to imagine anything faster is necessary. I've only had it a short time though.

The speed is part of the price trade off with these units and price, noticed this as it became clear when using my Cobalt now. Never had a “scan” feature till now as the PP units never had them before.

Buddy has the RGC edition Precision Pro which is basically an NX9 with lipstick and it's great. Nice and fast, but I am far too wobbly to get an accurate reading without having the laser designators on the flagsticks.

So to answer my question above. It was sort of user error on my part. If I simply hold down the button and pan it will start reading different readings. It’s not as quick to do this as my Bushnell was but it made my experience with it far more favorable. As before stumbling into this I had planned to return it. As I like to pan around to ensure I have the pin and bot an obstacle behind the green.

The speed is part of the price trade off with these units and price, noticed this as it became clear when using my Cobalt now. Never had a “scan” feature till now as the PP units never had them before.
Not sure which PP model you had but I found if you hold the button down on the nx9 slope and pan around the yardage will come up then disappear then come again. so it sort of has a pan feature. the screen doesn’t stay up though and change like most higher end lasers.

Have had the NX9 slope for a couple of months now. I don’t know if this is to be expected or if something is wrong with my unit. But a few times per round I simply can’t get the unit to read a yardage. The lcd comes up when I press the button No matter if I hold it down and pan or keep pressing the button it won’t read the pin. If I take the battery out and put it back in it will read the pin first try. Anyone else have this issue ? Coming from 2 Bushnells I’ve never had such as issue with them.

Have had the NX9 slope for a couple of months now. I don’t know if this is to be expected or if something is wrong with my unit. But a few times per round I simply can’t get the unit to read a yardage. The lcd comes up when I press the button No matter if I hold it down and pan or keep pressing the button it won’t read the pin. If I take the battery out and put it back in it will read the pin first try. Anyone else have this issue ? Coming from 2 Bushnells I’ve never had such as issue with them.
Yeah just had this. Get a new battery and no issues. Battery is likely at 1 bar or less.

Yeah just had this. Get a new battery and no issues. Battery is likely at 1 bar or less.
That’s not it. Mine is at full bars 😕

Ah, yes, :unsure: the Cobalt Cult...

:ROFLMAO: I am due to become a member soon.

Almost bit on the NX9 when it was a hot item but they did not have them in stock for months.

Last edited:
Back