US Open - Long Shot?

Deano

Reaction score
Handicap
Who's your longshot for the tournament then?

To clarify, I'm talking about someone who is outside of the top 30 world rankings http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.186.html

For me, I think either Lowry or Fitzpatrick will do well this week.

I'll throw out Bud Cauley and Ross Fisher

Stricker, Snedeker, Matthew Fitzpatrick

Thomas Pieters!!

I'll say Gary Woodland because of his length

Bryson DeChambeau
Will be interesting to see how he does this week, a few people are tipping him for first round leader.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see how he does this week, a few people are tipping him for first round leader.

Has a ton of experience at this course, should translate well.

Gotta go with Beef as my longshot here. Have him in fantasy because hes a high value pick and would love to see how the crowds act if he were in contention saturday and sunday

Gotta go with Beef as my longshot here. Have him in fantasy because hes a high value pick and would love to see how the crowds act if he were in contention saturday and sunday

The crowd would go absolutely nuts. Would love to see him win a big tournament.

Thomas Pieters!!

He's inside the top 30 in the OWGR. OP was asking for someone outside of the top 30.

By that metric, give me Billy Horschel.

Kevin Na because he's a whiny punk, definitely not mentally tough enough.

Real longshot - Bryson Dechambeau

Agreed, to see Beef do well would be great.

He'll fit in so well in Wisconsin I have to believe he will be a crowd favorite.

I'm hoping I can catch him after his round either Thursday or Friday for a selfie with my brother from another mother. That would make a great avatar / profile photo.

Could Phil Mickelson count as a long shot?

Could Phil Mickelson count as a long shot?

I would say so. He hasnt ever played the course. The first time seeing the first tee box would be the start of the tournament plus with all the travel bs he would have to deal with.

I would say so. He hasnt ever played the course. The first time seeing the first tee box would be the start of the tournament plus with all the travel bs he would have to deal with.

and it's a long shot he makes it anyway haha

I haven't spent much time looking at the course, but I wouldn't mind taking a shot at someone like Pat Perez.

I'll go Wesley Bryan for a dark horse

Long shot implies one player right? Billy Ho!

Super long shot - Aaron Rai

I am rooting for him.

Depends what the weather does. I like Snedeker's game for this track. Also, ZJ has had an awful year, but if the weather turns and scores are higher... he has a knack for finding his putter in big events.

Back